General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Problem with my Bullitt

Search this Thread

Old 2/23/06, 08:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay. I was getting a nasty vibration and humming from my transmission so I had it looked at. It appears my main shaft bearing is pitted. A Ford rep representing my ESP came out to see the tranny, etc.

My question is this: Is this going to be warranted, or will I have to buy a new tranny?

I have the best warranty, (like premium, or ultra, whatever.)

But from what I have heard, this was most likely a blemish in the bearing from the beginning but only recently got this bad over 30,000 miles.

Please let me know what I should be doing! I don't have 2k to go buy a new transmission!!!
Old 2/24/06, 09:35 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
I think there was a TSB for it. I did not have that problem with mine but I remember topics in the IMBOC with guys who had the early production models having similar issues. You might like to visit the site and post the question there.
Old 2/24/06, 04:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HammyZTS @ February 23, 2006, 11:00 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Okay. I was getting a nasty vibration and humming from my transmission so I had it looked at. It appears my main shaft bearing is pitted. A Ford rep representing my ESP came out to see the tranny, etc.

My question is this: Is this going to be warranted, or will I have to buy a new tranny?

I have the best warranty, (like premium, or ultra, whatever.)

But from what I have heard, this was most likely a blemish in the bearing from the beginning but only recently got this bad over 30,000 miles.

Please let me know what I should be doing! I don't have 2k to go buy a new transmission!!!
[/b][/quote]

Andrew, I believe the ESP you are talking about is the PremiumCare warranty. If you have this you should have no worries. I work at a Ford dealership and these ESP's are a great buy. The only thing you may have to pay is a deductible of $50 or $100, I can't remember which it is. Unless of course you purchased the program to waive the deductible too.

If it's a transmission problem or TSB you should be fine Andrew, no worries! The only things that can really void this warranty are racing, failure to perform routine maintenance, or purposely driving the car in a manner that is destructive to the mechanics of the vehicle (like doing burnouts all over the place).

Hopefully its a simple fix and you can have her on the road in no time [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]