General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 4/15/08, 07:46 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tom281
Oh that's right, you want those "Pimp My Ride" wheels- sorry disregard my post.

J/K Bill.....

No, I'm not going to get those 26" wheels on that SN95 that Brian posted up last week.
Old 4/15/08, 08:07 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill

No, I'm not going to get those 26" wheels on that SN95 that Brian posted up last week.
Wheel size will change your final gear ratio. So even though you have 4.10s or I have 3.55s it's the calculation of wheel size that really determines what the corrected gear ratio is. However I do not know that calculation.

Brenspeed's Deal is 600 bones gets you a set of 17" bullitt knock offs and a set of M&H tires..

http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang_2005/wheels.html

Bill, GREAT news. sounds like it's starting to shape up pretty quick now. Did you find the location and how/where to install the BAP stuff? So R&R could still happen, right ?
Old 4/15/08, 08:13 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
pickup tonight
test run vids tomorrow!
Old 4/15/08, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by habu
Wheel size will change your final gear ratio. So even though you have 4.10s or I have 3.55s it's the calculation of wheel size that really determines what the corrected gear ratio is. However I do not know that calculation.
I don't think it's the wheels size per say, but the overall tire diameter (in revs per mile) that affects the final gear ratio.
On the other hand, I could be talking out of my azz!

Bill, GREAT news. sounds like it's starting to shape up pretty quick now. Did you find the location and how/where to install the BAP stuff? So R&R could still happen, right ?
Thanks Brian. Yup, shaping up quickly! I hope to snap a few pics tonight when I pick her up.

R&R.. It will be there!
Old 4/15/08, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by StangMahn
... test run vids tomorrow!
Maybe a little in-car teaser videos on the way home tonight!
Old 4/15/08, 08:28 AM

Did you find the location and how/where to install the BAP stuff?
Kind of. I spoke to Jed and he has the install documentation of the BAP specific to our cars in his KB installation booklet.

It has been confirmed that there is some kind of fuel management doo-hickie device in the trunk, and that's where the BAP get's spliced into.
All that'll be needed at that point is to run the boost activation switch wire from the trunk to the engine bay where the sensor is already mounted against the firewall.

I'm sure it's fine to drive moderately on the stock system now, so it's no super rush for me to install it.
Old 4/15/08, 08:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Final Vortech update...

New Stainless Steel oil feed fitting installed.. zero leaks!

A-Pillar pod and gauges installed, only the 12V power source needs to be hooked up.

T-Bolt clamps installed, but was told that they may be a little long, but still tight.
I'll evaluate them in person and see if I need to go shorter.

Minor things left, firewall grommet needs to be sealed, fender liner and front tire re-installed, and install Shaker on top of the beast. All in all, maybe 1 1/2 hours left.

Pick-up is scheduled for this evening.
Congrats Bill. Can't believe it's finally done.

Brenspeed's Deal is 600 bones gets you a set of 17" bullitt knock offs and a set of M&H tires..

http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang_2005/wheels.html
Yup I'll be getting those as soon as I get my "stimulus package $$$" So look for some new track times from me. I'm hoping I'll be able to break into the 12's.
Old 4/15/08, 08:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

I don't think it's the wheels size per say, but the overall tire diameter (in revs per mile) that affects the final gear ratio.
On the other hand, I could be talking out of my azz!

Thanks Brian. Yup, shaping up quickly! I hope to snap a few pics tonight when I pick her up.

R&R.. It will be there!

That's what I meant. No caffeine yet, so I'm not completely awake !!!

Kind of. I spoke to Jed and he has the install documentation of the BAP specific to our cars in his KB installation booklet.

It has been confirmed that there is some kind of fuel management doo-hickie device in the trunk, and that's where the BAP get's spliced into.
All that'll be needed at that point is to run the boost activation switch wire from the trunk to the engine bay where the sensor is already mounted against the firewall.

I'm sure it's fine to drive moderately on the stock system now, so it's no super rush for me to install it.
Even better. The whole BAP thing got me worried that it'd be the major hold up, but it looks like it isn't as big as a problem. That is the best news. The rest I have confidence that Hector/You'll get nailed down.

Can't wait for the....

IT'S ALIVE

Pics and vids
Old 4/15/08, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Congrats Bill. Can't believe it's finally done.

Yup I'll be getting those as soon as I get my "stimulus package $$$" So look for some new track times from me. I'm hoping I'll be able to break into the 12's.
99.9% done!

Not going to share your 'stimulus' with E?

Even better. The whole BAP thing got me worried that it'd be the major hold up, but it looks like it isn't as big as a problem. That is the best news. The rest I have confidence that Hector/You'll get nailed down.

Can't wait for the....

IT'S ALIVE

Pics and vids
The whole BAP thing had me worried a day or two ago, but I'm not stressing it anymore.

Need Jed to snap a few HQ pics of the engine and gauges Wed night.
Old 4/15/08, 09:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member

99.9% done!

Not going to share your 'stimulus' with E?
Well from what I've read were supposed to get $1200 for both of us so I'll only be using half of it.
Old 4/15/08, 09:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

Well from what I've read were supposed to get $1200 for both of us so I'll only be using half of it.
Mine is supposed to hit around May 13th or so. It may go to gauges, since it looks like no-one wants the bullitts

You will be surprise on what you'll be able to do with them. I predict your 60ft times will plummet

You'll probably want to move to Barona, I've heard more complaints about the Qualcomm prep or lack thereof than any sort of praise.
Old 4/15/08, 09:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Mine is supposed to hit around May 13th or so. It may go to gauges, since it looks like no-one wants the bullitts

You will be surprise on what you'll be able to do with them. I predict your 60ft times will plummet

You'll probably want to move to Barona, I've heard more complaints about the Qualcomm prep or lack thereof than any sort of praise.
I say try lowering the price of you bullits to about $600 maybe even $550.

Yeah when I do go back to the track it will without a doubt be Barona. I don't think I'll be visiting the Q again anytime soon.
Old 4/15/08, 09:45 AM

I'd say dump them for 4 bills and move on. That's pretty equal to the 6 I'll be asking for mine, tires included.

I'll probably give all my stimulus to Pam. It's the least I can do for putting up with all my recent mods.
Old 4/15/08, 09:52 AM
Team Mustang Source

Yeah when I do go back to the track it will without a doubt be Barona. I don't think I'll be visiting the Q again anytime soon.
I did dump them to $600, problem is I can't bump the thread... well I can but if I'm gonna play by the rules then I can't for 2 or 3 days. I won't go less than 400 bucks that's for sure. If I can get 5 for them, I'll be pretty happy.I think what I'll do is take newer pics of the pullies and add the shifter and post those pics along with the lower price tonight.
Old 4/15/08, 10:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I'd say dump them for 4 bills and move on. That's pretty equal to the 6 I'll be asking for mine, tires included.

I'll probably give all my stimulus to Pam. It's the least I can do for putting up with all my recent mods.
Well I gave (OK she pretty much took) the tax return. So I figure me taking a measly 6bills for tires is reasonable.

I did dump them to $600, problem is I can't bump the thread... well I can but if I'm gonna play by the rules then I can't for 2 or 3 days. I won't go less than 400 bucks that's for sure. If I can get 5 for them, I'll be pretty happy.I think what I'll do is take newer pics of the pullies and add the shifter and post those pics along with the lower price tonight.
5-6 sounds reasonable. 4 is a steal and they'd sell really quick I think. You should try starting an ebay auction. Or try placing ad online with the "recycler" it's free and a good way to find someone local to you. That's how I got rid my my old rims.
Old 4/15/08, 10:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Brian- just to clarify, the Brenspeed deal includes Mickey Thompson tires, not M&H. Not to fear though, I personnally have watched probably 1/2 dozen Brenspeed cars run in the 11s using that very same wheel/tire combo.

Bill- I know Trooper justfied his claims and I am certainly not trying to undermine his input, but I would seriously consider atleast conferencing with Brenspeed about that BAP. I really, really don't think they'd make it part of their kit if it wasn't needed.

Leo- I thought you were in the 12's already? Throw some tires on there and get'er done. Scew waiting till July for the tax break- put it on your card and pay it off in July.
Old 4/15/08, 12:16 PM

Bill- I know Trooper justfied his claims and I am certainly not trying to undermine his input, but I would seriously consider atleast conferencing with Brenspeed about that BAP. I really, really don't think they'd make it part of their kit if it wasn't needed.
Truth be told, I will be installing the BAP in the coming days/weeks. I just want to drive it home and out from Hector's garage. It's been there for 5 weeks! She's home sick!!
Old 4/15/08, 12:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Leo- I thought you were in the 12's already? Throw some tires on there and get'er done. Scew waiting till July for the tax break- put it on your card and pay it off in July.
Nope I'm at 13.4 If I remember correctly. I have no doubt that with the addition of gears, ds, and cheater slicks I'll be under 13. God help me if I'm not. That will be the breaking point for getting a S/C sooner rather than later.
Old 4/15/08, 12:58 PM

Found an article from Alternative Auto, another example of high HP with stock fuel system.

Alternative Auto has established a 12.5 psi Vortech package for the ‘05 and up Mustangs that will net 470+ RWHP with absolutely nothing else done to the car. This package is simple, clean and works! Its all happening with the stock fuel pump in the tank and no Boost-A-Pump either, only 39lbs injectors which come in the Vortech kit. The package consists of a 12.5 psi Vortech S-trim and an Alcohol kit as well. This is all happening with 91-93 Octane in the tank.

Article link

Like I said, I'll put the BAP on, I just find it interesting that larger pumps or BAP's aren't always required on FI engines.
Old 4/15/08, 01:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Nope I'm at 13.4 If I remember correctly. I have no doubt that with the addition of gears, ds, and cheater slicks I'll be under 13. God help me if I'm not. That will be the breaking point for getting a S/C sooner rather than later.
what's you're quickest time again ??

Or what is the calc to determine from 1/8th to 1/4 E.T. ?

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)