General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 4/1/08, 07:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by USMC0341
They seemed like a nice bunch of people, I will use them in the future.

Look what came in the mail
about time, congrats!

Originally Posted by StangMahn
About time on that tune, eh George! It'll be interesting to see the new numbers, what were they on the PJ stock?
+1
Old 4/1/08, 07:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Totally off topic but........I was eye f**king my car today and I couldn't help but stare at the new mirrors. They've really grown on me. I wasn't sure when I was installing them but I can't see myself not having them now. Thanks George it was seeing them on your car that finally made me decide to get them. Pics don't do them justice as the make them look really small which they're not. If you put the stock ones next to them you see they're somewhat close but the pointedness of the A47 makes them look smaller.

rant off.

So who's next.

If I was a betting man I'd put my money on Brain.

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 4/1/08 at 07:19 PM.
Old 4/1/08, 07:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks Guys

They have locations on both coasts. my car already has UDP,delete plates, ect. all that I want now is a D/S, and some lower control arms but that will have to wait for now.
I knew the car came with delete plates but I never new it had UDP's. Interesting. So what gears does it come with? 3.73?
Old 4/1/08, 07:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Totally off topic but........I was eye f**king my car today and I couldn't help but stare at the new mirrors. They've really grown on me. I wasn't sure when I was installing them but I can't see myself not having them now. Thanks George it was seeing them on your car that finally made me decide to get them. Pics don't do them justice as the make them look really small which they're not. If you put the stock ones next to them you see they're somewhat close but the pointedness of the A47 makes them look smaller.

rant off.

So who's next.

you'd probably be right too if I wasn't spending a crap-load of money in the next XX days. In fact I think I'd rather have the mirrors than the watts link. Page... If you're reading this thread
Old 4/1/08, 09:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Congrats on the new SCT tuner(finally)... Haha. I dont know what it feels like to have a "tuned" car.

Bill-Looks like we're twins... My car is going in for install April 9th. I should have it back the 12th according to the mech. Your expecting the 12th too aren't you? The race is on! Haha
Old 4/1/08, 09:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Hey guys. Where did you buy guages? I'm looking at Jegs, they seem to be competative with most sites around the web. When I buy full sweep electric gauges do they come with everything I'll need for install? Sender units, w/e to make they work properly? I'm doing fuel pressure and wideband. Want to make sure before I take the plunge
Old 4/1/08, 10:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JonCo
Your expecting the 12th too aren't you? The race is on! Haha
Yup, the race is on! The winner will be the one who posts pics of the completed system first.

Hey guys. Where did you buy guages? I'm looking at Jegs, they seem to be competative with most sites around the web. When I buy full sweep electric gauges do they come with everything I'll need for install? Sender units, w/e to make they work properly? I'm doing fuel pressure and wideband. Want to make sure before I take the plunge
I know my narrowband gauge didn't come with the O2 sensor kit, had to buy that seperately.

As for fuel pressure, all you get is the gauge and sender unit. You'll have to provide the 'tap' to the fuel line/rail.
Old 4/1/08, 10:52 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT

rant off.

So who's next.

I'm waiting until the Stllen event, hell I might win some! If I win anything else I'll sell it and use the cash toward the A47 mirrors. If I don't win then I'll just buy them, they will be on the Roush before Fab FORDS!

Jed
Old 4/1/08, 10:53 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I went ahead and bought the wideband a/f gauge. According to autometer I'm set. Same with the full electrical sweep boost/vac. Supposed to came ready for install. Least it didn't say anything else was required. Some of the other guages I saw did mentioned other required things.

Oh well if its like that you'll deff win. I'm lazy and slow to take pictures and upload. Haha

But I'm happy I bought guages. Kinda spurr of the moment purchase. Got the dual SOS a-pillar pod also. So guages will go in during the install. D-specs later this month/early May along with a spoiler delete.
Old 4/1/08, 11:09 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I bought my gauges through GTR Performance, not sure where they sourced them. On your fuel pressure gauge to be on the safe side get an electronic version. I like electronic versions for all of my gauges. The mechanical version runs pressurized fuel to the gauge this is a risky condition if you ever get into an accident, (God forbid). Fuel in the cabin is bad MoJo . My AutoMeter gauges came with everything all necessary parts, instructions were okay. I learned more from online sources.

Jed

Old 4/1/08, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by JedCranium
I'm waiting until the Stllen event, hell I might win some! If I win anything else I'll sell it and use the cash toward the A47 mirrors. If I don't win then I'll just buy them, they will be on the Roush before Fab FORDS!
These are on my exterior mod list too! (painted TR)
..and wheels, tires,,

Got the dual SOS a-pillar pod also. So guages will go in during the install. D-specs later this month/early May along with a spoiler delete.
Dang Jon, you went hog wild like me!

Sure you don't want the Fluidyne and Canton tanks? Perfect time to install it during the blower.
Old 4/1/08, 11:13 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Gauges are cool...kind of like ***** that go to 11 instead of 10. They just look more powerful.
Old 4/1/08, 11:16 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

They seemed like a nice bunch of people, I will use them in the future.

Look what came in the mail
Look'in sweet George are you going to use the SCT emblem on the PJ? It will be intresting when we drop the hammer entering the 405 S when we go to C&C. George on FIRE!

Jed
Old 4/1/08, 11:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Gauges are cool...kind of like ***** that go to 11 instead of 10. They just look more powerful.
...Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten.

Awesome pull
Old 4/1/08, 11:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Look'in sweet George are you going to use the SCT emblem on the PJ? It will be intresting when we drop the hammer entering the 405 S when we go to C&C. George on FIRE!

Jed
Yeah and when you do, please remember that small blue dot way the hell back in your mirrors.... it'll be me
Old 4/1/08, 11:47 PM
Cobra Member

the mirrors are growing on me. Opinions? Yay or nay for my car? Look what you did George/Leo
Old 4/1/08, 11:49 PM

George are you going to use the SCT emblem on the PJ?
I tried fitting the SCT emblem in the engine bay, but couldn't find a place I liked. So now it sits in the roll-a-way.

Also got an Eibach decal with the springs, but I'm pretty sure it won't make it on the car.
Old 4/1/08, 11:55 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by habu
Yeah and when you do, please remember that small blue dot way the hell back in your mirrors.... it'll be me
Ya but once you get your Whipple you won't be a speck anymore

Jed

Last edited by JedCranium; 4/2/08 at 12:22 AM.
Old 4/2/08, 12:01 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
...Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten.

My old Polk home subwoofer had a volume **** that went to 11. I bought it for that reason. If I ever make electroinc equipment they'll always got to 11.

Spinal Tap Rocks!
Old 4/2/08, 12:01 AM
Cobra Member

Ya but once you get your Whipple you won't be a speck anymore

Jed
That's when I will be the little speck

Last edited by Superfly SN95; 4/2/08 at 12:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)