You drop in a GT500 crate engine......
Old 2/29/08, 07:47 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by superfly s197
+1

how can you catch up to somone that's going forged
George is forged He's a great canidate for a SC. Hummmmm SC

I'm preping for a new dog tonight, dining experience to follow.

Jed
Old 3/1/08, 10:02 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
results are in!

... at least for me, Chris, and Kai.

Pink's wins the chili-cheese dog contest!

Not that Portillos was bad, it was quite good! But, Pink's takes the edge with more chili and smaller diced onions.

I'm sure the rest will chime in with their review.

Great place to hang out though!

And of course, dessert! (Ray.. )

Old 3/1/08, 11:52 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by USMC0341
Jed wanted to see pics of the forged internals in the PJ. Jed next mod...forged internals?

Post 500 Finally after almost four years
WOW (Luis) these look purrrdy I wonder who makes them for Saleen? Internals are a major temptation looks like when its all said and done you might be out around 6 G's+ Right now while thinking about that I'm doing some show / correction mods so yesterday I went down to Sweeny's I'm going to replace my mid pipes from the X pipe back to the Roush tips. I never liked the current workmenship that was done. There are ugly welds, rust just plan poor. Just waiting on a call from Vince the owner of Sweeny's to set an install date part have been ordered. Next thing will be a high output chrome/billet polished alternator. My stock unit to me pulls down the "bling" under the bonnet so I want to swicth this out. I considered the MSD unit but mechanics tell me it that it maybe a challenging install due to the blower. That's my first choice I'm looking now for second choice any ideas boys?

A piece of machinery that only a gear head could love!

(MSD Alt)

(Tuff Stuff)

Jed
Old 3/1/08, 01:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Leo goes to Disneyland and POTR goes dead.
No kidding. I miss a day and I'm only barely a page behind.

George-Thanks for the tickets the wife and I had a awesome time. You were right about the suckiness of California Adventure. I don't think I'll ever go back there. With that said we spent about 6 hours there before heading back to Disneyland.
Old 3/1/08, 02:01 PM
GTR Member

I worked on drilling out the hole for the Mechanical Water Temp Gauge today. I only had up to a 5/8" drill but, and needed to borrow a 45/64" from work so I can tap it tomorrow for the 1/2" NPT fitting.

I took some pics to post up when it's all done.
Old 3/1/08, 02:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As always a great time with the gang. I decline to gauge which is better, being a little under the weather didn't help.

Leo sounds like d-land was fun..... heck I live 10-15 mins away and I still haven't been to CA Adventurd.

Was gonna remove the UDP and re-install the stock pullies, but I'm pulling the sick card and watching TV/sleeping all day. I hate being sick

Only a 45/64ths, I thought everyone had one of those....

Old 3/1/08, 02:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
TacoBill----Great Pics! Had a great time with everyone! I agree pinks gets the nod in the hot dog department! We'll have to plan a POTR range day

Jed---- I read that saleen used manley h-beam rods and cp pistons. I don't know where they sourced the crank. Are you changing out the cat-back or just redoing the welds and pypes?

Leo---- I'm glad you guys had a good time, DCA does suck but that's why there spending over a billion dollars to fix the place up. Did you go in the mansion? What did you think?

I want to share this with you guys, I got this in the mail today, kinda of scary...

AN OFFICIAL LETTER FROM THE: STATE OF CALIFORNIA AIR RESOURCES BOARD REGARDING YOUR VEHICLE.

The second thing I notice is that it has a regular 41 cent postage stamp on it. Then I notice the return address: California Environmental Engineering Vehicle Procurement Office, 2530 South Birch Street, Santa Ana, CA 92707-3444.

It is addressed to my full name.. first, middle and last.

I open the letter and read this:

Dear Vehicle Owner,

Help us shape the future of aftermarket parts used on California vehicles.

Our company, California Environmental Engineering (CEE), through a government contract, is conducting an important research study on the long-term usage of aftermarket parts on cars and trucks. Our records indicate that you may have a vehicle with aftermarket parts installed (air inlet, turbo, etc.). If you still own the vehicle and feel you might be interested in participating please fill out and return the enclosed postage-paid post card, and we will contact you concerning the survey. A substantial cash incentive will be provided for those chosen to participate in the study, and a late model loan vehicle would be provided for your use. CEE will not release any of your personal information collected in this survey to other companies, or use it for enforcement or advertisement purposes.

The enclosed postage-paid card has my name, my VIN for my old 05 GT, and the license plate #.

Thoughts.....
Old 3/1/08, 02:14 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by habu
Only a 45/64ths, I thought everyone had one of those....
Even Disney didn't have one for me to borrow. I ended up getting an 11/16", with is .6875" instead of the recommended .703".

I think I'll be fine...
Old 3/1/08, 02:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Jed, those alternators are purdy.....
Old 3/1/08, 02:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

TacoBill----Great Pics! Had a great time with everyone! I agree pinks gets the nod in the hot dog department! We'll have to plan a POTR range day

Jed---- I read that saleen used manley h-beam rods and cp pistons. I don't know where they sourced the crank. Are you changing out the cat-back or just redoing the welds and pypes?

Leo---- I'm glad you guys had a good time, DCA does suck but that's why there spending over a billion dollars to fix the place up. Did you go in the mansion? What did you think?

I want to share this with you guys, I got this in the mail today, kinda of scary...

AN OFFICIAL LETTER FROM THE: STATE OF CALIFORNIA AIR RESOURCES BOARD REGARDING YOUR VEHICLE.

The second thing I notice is that it has a regular 41 cent postage stamp on it. Then I notice the return address: California Environmental Engineering Vehicle Procurement Office, 2530 South Birch Street, Santa Ana, CA 92707-3444.

Dear Vehicle Owner,

Our company, California Environmental Engineering (CEE), through a government contract, is conducting an important research study on the long-term usage of aftermarket parts on cars and trucks. Our records indicate that you may have a vehicle with aftermarket parts installed (air inlet, turbo, etc.). If you still own the vehicle and feel you might be interested in participating please fill out and return the enclosed postage-paid post card, and we will contact you concerning the survey. A substantial cash incentive will be provided for those chosen to participate in the study, and a late model loan vehicle would be provided for your use. CEE will not release any of your personal information collected in this survey to other companies, or use it for enforcement or advertisement purposes.

The enclosed postage-paid card has my name, my VIN for my old 05 GT, and the license plate #.

Thoughts.....
That letter is scary. I'm hoping no one volunteers as all that study will do is give the tree huggers something to try and take away from us.

The mansion was awesome as always. I was disappointed with the "hollywood hotel" or whatever the heck it's called. Hard to believe that the special effects and all the props used look crappier than the haunted mansion even though the mansion was done decades ago. That was my main complaint about a majority of the rides in California Adv. and the new finding nemo ride at D-land. They're substituing animatronics and real props for crap that's just projected on to glass or some screen. Looks really cheasy and ****es me off that they're half assing everything. (rant off)

The one thing I did find funny was that at the end of narration by the "captain" of the sub he throws in we better get out of here before we run into any mermaids or sea urchents. Which made laugh that they made reference to how the ride was before the remodel. Don't think anyone else on the ride caught it as I was the only laughing.

What's with fantasmic do they not do it anymore? The cheesy fireworks in front of the castle doesn't compare.

Didn't expect this post to turn into a D-land critque.
Old 3/1/08, 02:54 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I'm am going to replace the old Flowmatser with new ones only because they did a crapy installation (welds & such). I like the sound of them, not really a money issue I looked at the ones from Roush but they don't sound as good to me. This has been buging me for a while I just ignored it because I wasn't under the car much but lately its been an eye sore.

Jed
Old 3/1/08, 03:01 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Jed, those alternators are purdy.....

I think the one from Tuff Stuff winds out. I think I can find a direct replacment for the OEM unit. It's looks reasonable too I think it will cost around $200 bones, so I'll get high output and bling! Win Win!

Jed
Old 3/1/08, 05:19 PM
Cobra Member

Good choice Jed. It has more bling
Old 3/1/08, 07:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by superfly s197
Good choice Jed. It has more bling
Yeah bro... go with the bling!

Old 3/1/08, 08:12 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Dear Vehicle Owner,

Thoughts.....
Just send them a statement that you no longer have the car.
Maybe they will go away and pester the new owner.
If you don't respond they may start asking about your current car.
Old 3/1/08, 09:35 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Our Gov't..

Like Karman said, tell them that you traded in the performance modded 05 for a Prius because you care about the environment more than going fast.

Brian, hope you feel better.. have some more beer! It's a 'cure all'!!

Jed, I like the chome alternator. If it looks good and a direct replacement, I may have to follow suit.

Ray + too much Portillos = excessive blingage
Old 3/1/08, 10:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I'd like to try this place out http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=78301
Old 3/1/08, 10:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Our Gov't..

Like Karman said, tell them that you traded in the performance modded 05 for a Prius because you care about the environment more than going fast.

Brian, hope you feel better.. have some more beer! It's a 'cure all'!!

Jed, I like the chome alternator. If it looks good and a direct replacement, I may have to follow suit.

Ray + too much Portillos = excessive blingage
George, I don't know what to think of that letter. I went to the web site and it all looks OK, but still no-one wants to be pegged that you've changed the stock car and added aftermarket items. Then they do stuff for CARB, so maybe it is an opportunity to get more aftermarket parts legalized...

The Prius idea is the best one yet though.

Can you imagine pulling the cheese, onions and chili outta the bling teeth or what the heck that crap is. What is the friggin point ?

So I think I have the final size I'm going with
BF Goodrich KDW2s
255/45-18 front
285/40-18 rear

(all size in inch)
Stock 235/50-18
Sidewall: 4.6
Radius: 13.6
Diameter: 27.3

front 255/45-18
Sidewall: 4.5
Radius: 13.5