General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/08, 08:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Curious Tom.. do you know if the KB and Whipple sit at about the same height as the Saleen in relation to hood clearance?
No they both sit lower compared to the Saleen. The Saleen has long intake tubes (which some say is better for torque production) and therefore it sits higher. BUT, it is a great blower.... just as capable in power production as the Whipple or KB.
Old 1/30/08, 09:06 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by philster2003
Did I just sneak into post 15000?

Yes I did
cheater....

beater...... probably something I don't have to smog, so pre-73. I'm leaning towards a 68-71 F-series truck. I wouldn't mind a 2000-2006 Ranger but I'm already dumping a lot of money into my car the same amount or more into another vehicle will be next to impossible.

Bill...
I think being inventive enough you could in some fasion the shaker to work with a KB or Whipple, you'd have brackets holding it up so not so sure it'd look purdy for shows. On the Carlsbad thing we did last March I met a guy that put a blower on his 04 mach1... the shaker was attached to the hood. Not the best solution but he found a way. whatever the scenario is I am sure it's all entirely doable.
Old 1/30/08, 09:09 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
cheater....

beater...... probably something I don't have to smog, so pre-73. I'm leaning towards a 68-71 F-series truck. I wouldn't mind a 2000-2006 Ranger but I'm already dumping a lot of money into my car the same amount or more into another vehicle will be next to impossible.
only cheating if you get caught or is it your not trying if your not cheating

pre 73 truck would be cool
Old 1/30/08, 09:11 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
As for me I think a S/C will probably never happen. By the time I get the money the car will have to many miles IMO. As it stands now I think it has to many. Maybe my next stang.
Dang Phil! He sat back and snipered that one in.

Leo, never too late to SC your car. In my 85 GT, I added nitrous at 60+k miles! These modular 4.6's should be good for 200k without any internal issues, so your 20k is nothing.
Do it.. do it.. do it!!!

Originally Posted by tom281
No they both sit lower compared to the Saleen. The Saleen has long intake tubes (which some say is better for torque production) and therefore it sits higher. BUT, it is a great blower.... just as capable in power production as the Whipple or KB.
Plan B could involve getting any of the top 3 blowers and swap in a Truefiber hood and call it a day!
Old 1/30/08, 09:11 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by tom281
So Tom what Super or Turbo are you thinking of migrating to? Or would like to migrate to? Can't remember what you said or if you said and I'm too lazy to try and go back and look it up.
Old 1/30/08, 09:14 AM
Cobra Member

You SOB! I was just about to do that.

Brian-Hope your S/C dreams pan out sooner rather than later.

Jed-Awesome find on the filters.

As for me I think a S/C will probably never happen. By the time I get the money the car will have to many miles IMO. As it stands now I think it has to many. Maybe my next stang.
I've been called much worse Leo

How many miles do you have on your Pony now? I might tend to agree with your thought process on you might have more or too many miles to add forced induction. But I've read that many put FI on vehicles with as many as 60K on the engine.
Old 1/30/08, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by habu
... the shaker was attached to the hood. Not the best solution but he found a way. whatever the scenario is I am sure it's all entirely doable.
I have seen this approach before. I dunno if it'll work for my taste, but kudos to him for coming up with the idea.

As for shows, it's one of the reasons why I'm not too interested in getting a polished blower since the shaker shroud will be sitting on top of it.

However, if I ditch the shaker alltogether, I may have to go for the blingage.
Old 1/30/08, 09:19 AM
Cobra Member

Plan B could involve getting any of the top 3 blowers and swap in a Truefiber hood and call it a day!
I like that plan Billster, you need differentiate your GQ from the rest of the crowd
Old 1/30/08, 09:20 AM

How many miles do you have on your Pony now? I might tend to agree with your thought process on you might have more or too many miles to add forced induction. But I've read that many put FI on vehicles with as many as 60K on the engine.
Hey lazy Phil.. missed my post from 5 minutes ago?
Old 1/30/08, 09:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I've been called much worse Leo

I've got 2100 miles on it now. In reality I probably wouldn't be able to get a S/C untill atleast next year. Which means I'd have around 36K assuming I put another 12K on the engine between now and then. Like I said FI is more a fantasy than a reality for me at this point. Good thing is I'm still young so I'm sure there will be a few more stangs in my future that I'll be able to S/C then.
Old 1/30/08, 09:33 AM

Streets of Willow

(for the SoCal guys)
Track event coming up.. just throwing it out there. Sounds like fun, but not sure about me going.

Willowspings on Sat and Sun, February 9 & 10.

http://www.redlinetrackevents.com/index.html

$150/day (plus $10 entry)
5 runs; each run is 8 laps - 1.8mi course
Helmet required

Leo, you may need to re-install your front swaybar for this event.
Old 1/30/08, 09:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Now you're thinking ....... or get a used take-off hood for next to nothing and add something to it.
Old 1/30/08, 09:36 AM

I've got 2100 miles on it now.

Like I said FI is more a fantasy than a reality for me at this point. Good thing is I'm still young so I'm sure there will be a few more stangs in my future that I'll be able to S/C then.
2100? Wow! That's less than me!

Leo, take your Prozac. If you want something, there's always a way. Just look at all the stuff you did last year.
Old 1/30/08, 09:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

(for the SoCal guys)
Track event coming up.. just throwing it out there. Sounds like fun, but not sure about me going.

Willowspings on Sat and Sun, February 9 & 10.

http://www.redlinetrackevents.com/index.html

$150/day (plus $10 entry)
5 runs; each run is 8 laps - 1.8mi course
Helmet required

Leo, you may need to re-install your front swaybar for this event.
Hmmm...auto x for some reason I prefer to go in a straight line as fast as I can. With that said if I did go I'd show all your front swaybar supporters that it's overrated.

2100? Wow! That's less than me!

Leo, take your Prozac. If you want something, there's always a way. Just look at all the stuff you did last year.
Woops 21000. I know I've spent well over the price of a S/C by now but I just can't see myself a)having around 7K for a blower,gauges,intsall,etc. b)Putting myself 7K into debt c)As cool as it sounds can't justify in my head and to the wife spending so much on something that I'll rarely use to it's full potential. As it is now I don't get to fully enjoy the power I have that often or as often as I would like. d) I live in an apt right now and it doesn't seem smart to spend 7K on a blower setup when I don't even have a home/condo. I'm not trying to be anti-blower but for me personally that just wouldn't be a smart financial decision.
Old 1/30/08, 10:04 AM

Hmmm...auto x for some reason I prefer to go in a straight line as fast as I can. With that said if I did go I'd show all your front swaybar supporters that it's overrated.
Sounds like a challenge!
Jed & George, chance to try out the Watts Link!

Woops 21000. I know I've spent well over the price of a S/C by now but I just can't see myself a)having around 7K for a blower,gauges,intsall,etc. b)Putting myself 7K into debt c)As cool as it sounds can't justify in my head and to the wife spending so much on something that I'll rarely use to it's full potential. As it is now I don't get to fully enjoy the power I have that often or as often as I would like. d) I live in an apt right now and it doesn't seem smart to spend 7K on a blower setup when I don't even have a home/condo. I'm not trying to be anti-blower but for me personally that just wouldn't be a smart financial decision.
You're such a party pooper Leo!
Old 1/30/08, 10:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Socal guys. New cruise for March. I'm going and I'll bring the stang.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...80#post1097480
Old 1/30/08, 10:18 AM

It's about time!

This cruise sounds like fun, especially the beer part.

And to boot, HB is local to me!

I have a friend who went to this place before, had lots of fun brewing his own beer. Can also bring any jpg picture to make your own custom beer bottle label. Only thing is that you have to return at a later date to pick up your brew.
Old 1/30/08, 10:19 AM

Bumblebee Cruise vid!

Just completed and ready for your viewing pleasure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cG8OBvAs34
Old 1/30/08, 10:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

some reason I prefer to go in a straight line as fast as I can.
c)As cool as it sounds can't justify in my head and spending so much on something that I'll rarely use to it's full potential. As it is now I don't get to fully enjoy the power I have that often or as often as I would like.
They don't seem to match ?? Certainly a blower would allow you to manage going as fast as you can in a straight line.

As far as the debt and wife part..... if I had a wife I know I wouldn't be talking about 7-K for my car. Debt..... that's the rub. But hey once you convince yourself to spend that scratch it's all downhill from there.
Old 1/30/08, 10:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Signed up and read to go. Should have the latest mods in by then

I'll show you guys how to brew a really good beer.
I also have some excellent recipies from my brewing database and books when it gets closer I can share them if you want. With luck they'll let us do partial mashes and not pure extract.... Or even.... a Full Mash extract.. and if we're really really lucky a 2 or 3 step infusion mash extract...... yummy.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)