General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 11/19/07, 09:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Jed- Great pics! The Roush was way above the rest!!! Congrats on the First place

Bill and Leo- Both of your cars looked great! It was fun to see all the people in the tacobill fan club have a chance to meet the man!!

Brian- Thanks for all of your hard work in the last couple shows!!! Your stang should have got first place in my book

All in all it was a good show but I had a great time just hanging out with everyone!

Old 11/19/07, 09:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by USMC0341
Jed- Great pics! The Roush was way above the rest!!! Congrats on the First place

Bill and Leo- Both of your cars looked great! It was fun to see all the people in the tacobill fan club have a chance to meet the man!!

Brian- Thanks for all of your hard work in the last couple shows!!! Your stang should have got first place in my book

All in all it was a good show but I had a great time just hanging out with everyone!

Thanks I appreciate that.

Great pics
Pic 1... Leo and I were discussing 2nd place. I took the fox-body saleen and he picked the black one

Last pic... caught like a rat....
Old 11/19/07, 10:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JonCo
Any other suggestions? Help me spend some money
What Tom and Kyle said, especially the clean part.

Now here's my 2 cents if you want to woo the Judges (or peer voting)..
  • Some chrome stuff in the engine bay will definetely help, but don't over do it.
  • Don't put stickers all over the radiator cover and strut towers.
  • Use rubber/plastic conditioner (like Adams In&Out) on all the rubber and plastic stuff (in the engine bay).
  • Clean, clean, and clean the engine bay.
When I vote for a car, I'd give over 50% of my voting consideration solely based on the engine bay. Interior stuff is probably the least.
Old 11/19/07, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by USMC0341
It was fun to see all the people in the tacobill fan club have a chance to meet the man!!

Great pics George!

It's cool to be recognized by guys I never met before. Who'd ever thought that writing How-To's would be my little claim to fame? Talk about filling a niche!

And I agree about Brian's car, he should've placed.

+1 on the hangin' part, lots of fun. Gotta throw in some beers into the mix next time!
Old 11/19/07, 10:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JonCo
What do you mean by which park?
He meant which Disney park. He's a minion for Disney.
Old 11/20/07, 01:33 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I post about 100 more picts tonight from Sunset check it out

Leo are you going to this show it's in your backyard...

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...39&postcount=1

Had fun at SSF with you kuckle heads What do guys think of Lucky Strikes in Torrance? When Leo is up, we can do beers and *****...bowling ***** that is

http://www.gonelocal.com/index.cfm?p=detail&owner=1058

STRIKE!

Jed
Old 11/20/07, 04:32 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by kh765
He meant which Disney park. He's a minion for Disney.

Just meant I could have gotten you fast passes for all the rides at Animal Kingdom if it was THAT park.
Old 11/20/07, 06:56 AM
GTR Member

After I get the car tuned and I know the HP and TQ, I want Gary to make me a tag for the fuse box cover.

It'll say something about being Turbocharged... and it'll have the flywheel HP and TQ numbers derived from the rearwheel numbers on the dyno. I want to use flywheel numbers, since that's how the factory rates the cars.

Maybe I'll use an emblem, or two... and everything will be centered, but which way should I have the text?

Attachment 35976

1 - I kinda think it LOOKS better this way.

2 - This way is easier to read since you can stand on the side of the car to read it.
Attached Images  
Old 11/20/07, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Had fun at SSF with you kuckle heads What do guys think of Lucky Strikes in Torrance? When Leo is up, we can do beers and *****...bowling ***** that is
I think we all had fun hangin' with the Cranium too!

Ck e/m regarding Leo's trip up.

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Maybe I'll use an emblem, or two... and everything will be centered, but which way should I have the text?
I'm voting neither. If you want to display the engine's performance numbers, I'd say put the data plate in the cabin (either the dash or center console).
Everytime I see HP numbers displayed in the engine bay or stickered on the fender/hood, I can't help from thinking that the guy is a tool.

If you really want to show the numbers, display your dyno run sheet. This will shut up guys like me who shake their heads when they see a fancy data plate that can't be backed up.

BUT if you must, I say landscape, so it can be read from the side.
Old 11/20/07, 08:04 AM
GTR Member

I'm voting neither. If you want to display the engine's performance numbers, I'd say put the data plate in the cabin (either the dash or center console).
Well, nobody would see it there.

Everytime I see HP numbers displayed in the engine bay or stickered on the fender/hood, I can't help from thinking that the guy is a tool.
I agree, unless it's done tastefully. As usual, I would put a lot of thought into it.

If you really want to show the numbers, display your dyno run sheet. This will shut up guys like me who shake their heads when they see a fancy data plate that can't be backed up.
I will have the dyno sheet like I do for the '89 to back up the numbers. The nameplate wouldn't be exaggerated - a simple conversion of only 15%. If the dyno sheet says 430, the nameplate will say 505.88 BHP. I don't have anything on the car to reduce that percentage (pullies, lighter driveshaft, etc.) so nobody can say it isn't a good approximation.

BUT if you must, I say landscape, so it can be read from the side.
I really want something there, and I like the landscape way better, too.
If it was JUST the power numbers, I think it would be dumb. I'll come up with something cooler than that!
Old 11/20/07, 08:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

After I get the car tuned and I know the HP and TQ, I want Gary to make me a tag for the fuse box cover.

It'll say something about being Turbocharged... and it'll have the flywheel HP and TQ numbers derived from the rearwheel numbers on the dyno. I want to use flywheel numbers, since that's how the factory rates the cars.

Attachment 35976

2 - This way is easier to read since you can stand on the side of the car to read it.
I vote for option 1 but agree with what Bill said.

BTW-Jacket isis on the way and will be here next Tuesday.
Old 11/20/07, 08:59 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Looks good guys. Bill where did you get that jacket? Looks pretty sweet.
Old 11/20/07, 09:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by StangMahn
I assume your talking to me. I got it from "fordcollection.com"

Jed-CDC black billet grille for sale.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=73706
Old 11/20/07, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by StangMahn
If you are talking to me, I got my jacket from my club. Like mentioned before, it cost around $120 or so (I forgot exactly what I paid).

So David, when are you going to take the plunge and make the dream into a reality?
Old 11/20/07, 09:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by JedCranium
I post about 100 more picts tonight from Sunset check it out

Leo are you going to this show it's in your backyard...

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...39&postcount=1

http://www.gonelocal.com/index.cfm?p=detail&owner=1058

STRIKE!

Jed
Maybe haven't decided yet.

Looks like the SHR grille thingies are about ready.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...7&postcount=94
Old 11/20/07, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Looks like the SHR grille thingies are about ready.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...7&postcount=94
I kinda like them, although no one would probably notice unless you point them out.

If they end up being $40 or less, why not.
Old 11/20/07, 09:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
I kinda like them, although no one would probably notice unless you point them out.

If they end up being $40 or less, why not.
If I remember correctly he said they'd be in the $40-60 range. Which is reasonable. I agree probably not noticable but why not for the price.
Old 11/20/07, 11:27 AM
Cobra R Member

Agreed. I don't think I love either way, but I think that way is better just because I think option 2 would look really awkward. I guess there's nowhere else you could mount a plate like that?
Old 11/20/07, 12:16 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by kh765
Agreed. I don't think I love either way, but I think that way is better just because I think option 2 would look really awkward. I guess there's nowhere else you could mount a plate like that?
Like somebody pointed out here at work, the "MUSTANG" on the shaker engine cover is sideways... how would that look like this:

M
U
S
T
A
N
G

I think we (me included) over-analyze things. That's a good thing, but I really think either way would look good. I really can't see anybody walking up to the car and saying, "Wow, I really like this car... it looks really nice... oh, wait... OMG... that plate... forget it... I hate this car".

I'm going to do it the #2 way just because of the more available space to do stuff.
Old 11/20/07, 12:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Like somebody pointed out here at work, the "MUSTANG" on the shaker engine cover is sideways... how would that look like this:

M
U
S
T
A
N
G

I think we (me included) over-analyze things. That's a good thing, but I really think either way would look good. I really can't see anybody walking up to the car and saying, "Wow, I really like this car... it looks really nice... oh, wait... OMG... that plate... forget it... I hate this car".

I'm going to do it the #2 way just because of the more available space to do stuff.
Of course not I don't think any of us are saying that. Were just saying if your going to have alot of text it would be best to put it in away that it's easiest to read. The "Mustang" shaker sills are ok because it's just one word. JMO.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)