General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 8/12/07, 07:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by philster2003
Well I Do hate the Red Craps and I'm fine if people don't agree or understand the whole yanks red craps deal, still hate them, yep hae is appropriate word phrasing for me, sorry my pal John
Another great day for the Yanks today. Another breakdown by Eric Gagne for the Sox. Things might be looking up.
Old 8/12/07, 07:25 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I'll be going from a 281 to a 370... and from 300 (stock) to 425 HP (stock)... For right at what my car cost.
I didn't know your car cost over 40K...WOW.
Old 8/12/07, 07:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by philster2003
Harvik is a jerk, I too thought he had it under control these days but NOOOOOOOOO I think it was Truax that hit Juan from behind knocking him into Harvik as a by product of the hit. The sad thing is all the drunk red neck idiots in the stands are yelling and giving Juan the finger, talk about people who have NO clue. That's the part of Nascar I hate, the fans in the stands get so drunk, their words slur and they have no idea what's going on in the race, other then to shout out loud at the different drivers and swear at the top of their lungs and do stupid things all when they can hardly talk because of word slurring and barely being awake, HA

To bad Jeff locked his brakes on the 2nd to last lap and he spun in turn 1, Tony did the same thing except it was 30 laps earlier so he had time to make upo for his mistake,. Its all about timing.
I think Harvick had a right to be ****ed off until he actually saw what happened. I thought he was over this kind of crap, but I guess the brash idiot never quite died inside of him.

TYPICAL Nascar fans just hate anyone that isn't in the mold of a TYPICAL southern racer. The sport has come a long way, but there are some that won't embrace guys like Tony, Gordon, Montoya, and JJ. Little E is one of the few remaining throwback, southern guys left. I think that's why he's such an overwhelming favorite among the stereotypical Nascar fan.

You could tell how much that race meant to Jeff afterwards too. What a shame, he drove a great race to throw it away less than 5 miles from paydirt.
Old 8/12/07, 08:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by kh765
You really getting a challenger? If so, GREEN baby.

By the way, the last guy who posted on that mustang forums thread...what a total douche bag.
I assume your talking about this guy?
"
lets get the israilies and palestinians to stop fighting while singing kum bah ya while we're at it.

cmon man, he put it up here, an opinion is going to be offered. i've got a stock car, and ya'll can bash me for that too... DILLIGAF? no. neither does he, obviously - he's got the ***** to do that to his car, and he's got the ***** to put it up here. it even said, "like it or not". "
Old 8/12/07, 08:13 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Check out my new thread and let me know what you think.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=69590
Leo, I hope you're doing this in hopes that someone mentions the one thing that you haven't thought of, because you are going to get a TON of different answers and different opinions.

IMO, your car looks GREAT as is. Also, I honestly can't recommend doing anything different because I wouldn't want someone telling me how to do my car differently (but, since you did ask, I'll post a response on your thread).
Old 8/12/07, 08:23 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Poor guy must feel like poop. I agree the car's not 99% of the mustang community's taste but people are being pretty harsh IMO.
Not for me, but I appreciate guys like this that enter into my carshow class.

What color Challenger should I order when I trade my car in, in 2009?
YELLOW.... you trader!
Old 8/12/07, 08:24 PM
Cobra R Member

I assume your talking about this guy?
"
lets get the israilies and palestinians to stop fighting while singing kum bah ya while we're at it.

cmon man, he put it up here, an opinion is going to be offered. i've got a stock car, and ya'll can bash me for that too... DILLIGAF? no. neither does he, obviously - he's got the ***** to do that to his car, and he's got the ***** to put it up here. it even said, "like it or not". "
Nah, I was talking about this guy.

"It looks about as visually pleasing as someone puking on a pile of sh*t. Id rather drive a truck full of rubber dog sh*t than drive that thing. That car sucks hard, it sucks your ***** off and spits em up your a$$. You would look cooler if you were doing a handstand while taking a sh*t than you would driving around in that diarrhea mess. Sure, its his car and its all about what he likes, seeing as how he owns this nightmare. But anytime your going to make a statement, be it verbal or visual, be advised that your open to criticism, good or horrible. And as far as "he put hard work and time into it", I can put alot of hard work and time into eating alot of corn and peanuts and go into the bathroom and make something more visually pleasing. Putting alot of time and hard work in doesnt make up for bad taste."

I think you already commented about him in that thread. What a jerk.
Old 8/12/07, 08:27 PM

If you like the gold racing stripes, I say go 12" with matching gold fading rocker stripes!

It won't be mistaken for a GT-H, you have many other exterior mods that seperates you from the rental.
Old 8/12/07, 08:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by mikes rx
Leo, I hope you're doing this in hopes that someone mentions the one thing that you haven't thought of, because you are going to get a TON of different answers and different opinions.

IMO, your car looks GREAT as is. Also, I honestly can't recommend doing anything different because I wouldn't want someone telling me how to do my car differently (but, since you did ask, I'll post a response on your thread).
Thanks. Truth be told I was hoping for alot more "leave it as is" or people recommending stripes. I don't really want full on racing stripes but I would like something like Tom's. It's just I want to see it in person before buying. Not sure if people are recommending stuff just because I don't have it or because it would actually add to the look of the car. Oh well.
Old 8/12/07, 08:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by kh765
Nah, I was talking about this guy.

"It looks about as visually pleasing as someone puking on a pile of sh*t. Id rather drive a truck full of rubber dog sh*t than drive that thing. That car sucks hard, it sucks your ***** off and spits em up your a$$. You would look cooler if you were doing a handstand while taking a sh*t than you would driving around in that diarrhea mess. Sure, its his car and its all about what he likes, seeing as how he owns this nightmare. But anytime your going to make a statement, be it verbal or visual, be advised that your open to criticism, good or horrible. And as far as "he put hard work and time into it", I can put alot of hard work and time into eating alot of corn and peanuts and go into the bathroom and make something more visually pleasing. Putting alot of time and hard work in doesnt make up for bad taste."

I think you already commented about him in that thread. What a jerk.
Yeah there's alot D-bags in that forum appearantly. Nothing like home sweet home.

Originally Posted by TacoBill
If you like the gold racing stripes, I say go 12" with matching gold fading rocker stripes!

It won't be mistaken for a GT-H, you have many other exterior mods that seperates you from the rental.
That would look bada$$ it's just I think it's to "bold or loud" for my personality. I sound like an old fart.

Disclaimer: Nothing wrong with being an old fart.
Old 8/12/07, 10:00 PM

(gold stripes) That would look bada$$ it's just I think it's to "bold or loud" for my personality. I sound like an old fart.

Disclaimer: Nothing wrong with being an old fart.
Stop calling Phil an old fart.

You wanted that 'BAM!' look... I'm giving it to you.

Also, it's vinyl so it's not permanent.
Old 8/12/07, 10:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Stop calling Phil an old fart.

You wanted that 'BAM!' look... I'm giving it to you.

Also, it's vinyl so it's not permanent.

True true it would have that "BAM!" look.

Tom-Whatever happened with that "photo shoot"???
Old 8/12/07, 10:07 PM

True true it would have that "BAM!" look.
Total investment will be around $200 or so.

Could be done before the Sunset show.
Perfect place to get public feedback. Who knows... might be a show winner in the making.
Old 8/12/07, 10:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Total investment will be around $200 or so.

Could be done before the Sunset show.
Perfect place to get public feedback. Who knows... might be a show winner in the making.
Now if $200 would magically appear.
Old 8/13/07, 03:40 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by karman
I didn't know your car cost over 40K...WOW.
Estimated price now is around 32,000 to 35,000. My car was 34,000 before my discount.
Old 8/13/07, 05:46 AM
Cobra Member

Estimated price now is around 32,000 to 35,000. My car was 34,000 before my discount.
Duuuuuuuuuude, like, whos your dealer... I just gots to get me some of those drugs!

I'll believe under $40,000 when I see it on the dealers lots. I took the wife down the the DCM stealership and I got sticker shock looking at the Chargers! And we ain't talking ADMs yet!
Old 8/13/07, 07:42 AM
GTR Member

Tom-Whatever happened with that "photo shoot"???
The '89 should be in the December issue of Mustang Enthusiast. That's how far out they do things.
Old 8/13/07, 07:46 AM
Cobra R Member

The '89 should be in the December issue of Mustang Enthusiast. That's how far out they do things.
DANG!!!!! That is a long time out.

I emailed them a pic of my 2000 a few years ago...maybe I'll see it in there soon. Also, I emailed them a pic of the 05 a few months ago, so maybe it'll be in the readers rides section before the car becomes an antique.

Although, I heard NOTHING back regarding publication, so I guess the car will just be the TMS and local hangout secret
Old 8/13/07, 08:02 AM
Cobra Member

Congrats... You've done a great job with the trooper!
Old 8/13/07, 09:00 AM

What it costs now is irrelevant. It's the resale value that counts.

For example, mine is only worth $24100 (trade-in) or $26860 (private party).

Sure, I got extras, but only a nut will pay more than what a new GT costs.

My window sticker was $28705.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)