General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 6/10/07, 12:02 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm working on it right now! Should be done uploading them soon. Maybe I'll keep you guys waiting a couple more days though.
Old 6/10/07, 12:02 PM
GTR Member

Thanks for the compliments... any time you are in FL, you'll have to stop by. Fort Myers is about 2 hours south of me, I think.

Great pics!
Old 6/10/07, 12:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Good to see Phil and Bill comin' through with the great pics. That Zaino does look pretty sweet, but I sure do love my Meguiar's!
Old 6/10/07, 01:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Alright guys here's a sample of the pics from Daytona!

My personal favorite pic of the day...

This is a GT500 that has its nitrous purge out of the cobra's mouth...(and an LED light for the eye)

And the show stopper...

And one crappy pic of my Hurst shifter...Once it stops raining, I'll go take some pics of the Hurst with the new Redline shift boot and armrest cover!
Old 6/10/07, 01:35 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by philster2003
Here are some payoff pic's to verify Zanio is the best stuff, this tool all of 1oz of Zanio, hard to believe so little goes so far. Check out the reflections on that Alloy Metallic paint
Very nice Phil!

How many coats you got on her now?

I think it's time for you to tint the windows and stop having that fishbowl effect.

Originally Posted by kh765
Alright guys here's a sample of the pics from Daytona!

My personal favorite pic of the day...

This is a GT500 that has its nitrous purge out of the cobra's mouth...(and an LED light for the eye)

And the show stopper...

And one crappy pic of my Hurst shifter...Once it stops raining, I'll go take some pics of the Hurst with the new Redline shift boot and armrest cover!
Nice pics too, Kyle!

I thought the girls were the show stopper, not some S/C'd engine!

I'm guessing your favorite pic belongs to Tom?

I've seen someone put a nitrous purge coming out from the Pony's rear end in the front grille!

Hurst ball looks great! Got one myself.
Old 6/10/07, 02:06 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
How many coats you got on her now?

I thought the girls were the show stopper
I have 3 coats on now and tint would be nice but $ spending is on hold ha

And did you notice the emblems (tats) those gurls had
Old 6/10/07, 02:41 PM
GTR Member

It didn't look good as my avatar, but I made it my new profile pic!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since I forced Bill to use SAE Smoothing 5 on his dyno chart, I guess I need to do the same to mine!!! It really stinks how it RAISED my numbers, though.

Look at that BEAUTIFUL straight line showing that the clutch is holding! (middle graph)

I hate how Photobucket reduces the quality... the lines were bright red and blue, but Photobucket made them darker.

I did find out once and for all that the TQ numbers lose the same % through the drivetrain as the HP numbers do.

Final numbers are....

401.96 HP at the flywheel
426.58 TQ at the flywheel

Old 6/10/07, 03:16 PM
Cobra R Member

Nice pics too, Kyle!

I thought the girls were the show stopper, not some S/C'd engine!

I've seen someone put a nitrous purge coming out from the Pony's rear end in the front grille!

Hurst ball looks great! Got one myself.
Thanks Bill!

The girls would have been the show stopper...if the winner wasn't a pretty nasty stripper. The "show stopper" is a twin turbo 1233 hp BEAST. Other than the lambo doors, it was a mean machine.

I love that Hurst shift ball, but I think I love the reduced throw and precise shifts more!
Old 6/10/07, 03:18 PM
Cobra R Member

I have 3 coats on now and tint would be nice but $ spending is on hold ha

And did you notice the emblems (tats) those gurls had
Since when has lack of funding stopped us?!
Old 6/10/07, 03:39 PM
Bullitt Member

First of all, congrats to all who placed at Stangfest. I happened to be in Daytona over the weekend but didn't have my stang because I was with the family on vacation in the Chrysler battle cruiser (a 95 Concorde).
What a boat, I made a u-turn on A1A, a 4 laner and had to back up, almost went on the sidewalk and got some hateful looks from pedestrians.
I did try to sneak in the speedway through turn 4 tunnel on foot, but was stopped by security. So, I ended up in the Daytona USA parking lot directing lost mustang owners the correct way to enter the show. For not going to the show, I did see a lot of speciallty mustangs.

Also, Tom, awesome numbers. I kinda knew from driving it that it was nowhere near the output of a stock mustang. (any year).
Finally, welcome newbie, philster2003 , although I've been officially registered with the source since 2004, looks like you'll pass me up in number of posts soon. I'm always reading all the posts, but only occasionally have any input.
Old 6/10/07, 03:53 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by matko
Finally, welcome newbie, philster2003 , although I've been officially registered with the source since 2004, looks like you'll pass me up in number of posts soon.
Thanks Mike. I see you are in Kissimmee, every March I make an annual visit to the Houston Astro's spring training camp, great town, great ball park. Although I'm a true blue Yankees fan (I know here comes the crap my way) I like the Stroh's and I really like spring training. Outside of our Stangs baseball is my 2nd passion.
Old 6/10/07, 04:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Phil, The car is looking great !! That Zaino is great stuff.
Old 6/10/07, 04:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Kyle, Great pics !!! twin-turbo or hot-girls, twin-turbo or hot-girls...hot-girls or turbo, hot-girls or some car... what was the question again.
Old 6/10/07, 04:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Tom, Congrats again on the awesome numbers. It's great to see the clutch resolved the issues. Now the smoke at WOT..
Old 6/10/07, 04:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

OK, I'll stop padding my post count.... It's the only way I'll stay in front of philster....

Anywho, here is the link for the Irwindale pics.. http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...782#post936782

I have many more just not Flock at my parents house, they have HD and HBO... Sopranos anyone... I'll put some more up into my account later this evening or tomorrow.
Old 6/10/07, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Final numbers are....

401.96 HP at the flywheel
426.58 TQ at the flywheel
I'd be as happy as you if I could get my HP/TQ values to that level while keeping it NA.

I think my next trip to the dyno will be after I get the aluminum driveshaft in. I've decided to go back to Swanson regardless of the jagged lines only because it'll accurately show what kind of numbers all my recent mods are worth.

I dyno'd in at 292/294 RWHP, and with the addition of the UDP's, CMDP's, C&L Racer*, new 91R tune*, and alum. DS*, I'm shooting for 310/315. That'll be about all I can pump out with simple bolt-ons.

*coming soon

The girls would have been the show stopper...if the winner wasn't a pretty nasty stripper. The "show stopper" is a twin turbo 1233 hp BEAST. Other than the lambo doors, it was a mean machine.

I love that Hurst shift ball..
Stripper huh? What a sandbagger!

1233 HP is crazy. Some would consider the kind of power we're putting down is crazy!

I'm thinking about swapping in my MGW shifter ball for a change. Guess that's the luxury of having 2 *****.

Since when has lack of funding stopped us?!

Yeah Phil. Just think about that Texas sun just sucking the life right out from the leather interior and rear deck carpet.

... Although I'm a true blue Yankees fan (I know here comes the crap my way) I like the Stroh's and I really like spring training. Outside of our Stangs baseball is my 2nd passion.
Go Dodgers!
Old 6/10/07, 04:56 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by matko
Also, Tom, awesome numbers. I kinda knew from driving it that it was nowhere near the output of a stock mustang. (any year).
Thanks! You were there for almost the entire engine build! Well, at least the long nights looking through the Summit catalog.

Originally Posted by habu
Tom, Congrats again on the awesome numbers. It's great to see the clutch resolved the issues. Now the smoke at WOT..
Thanks again. I asked at FordMuscle about the smoke in the second run BEFORE he let off the gas. The smoke in both runs AFTER he gets off the gas is normal. The BEFORE smoke in the second run could be from the onset of valve float. Could be from a bunch of other things, too, though. I reset my rev-limiter to 6000 - and I never even go that high normally.
Old 6/10/07, 05:02 PM
GTR Member

I'd be as happy as you if I could get my HP/TQ values to that level while keeping it NA.

I think my next trip to the dyno will be after I get the aluminum driveshaft in. I've decided to go back to Swanson regardless of the jagged lines only because it'll accurately show what kind of numbers all my recent mods are worth.

I dyno'd in at 292/294 RWHP, and with the addition of the UDP's, CMDP's, C&L Racer*, new 91R tune*, and alum. DS*, I'm shooting for 310/315. That'll be about all I can pump out with simple bolt-ons.

*coming soon
Yes, I'm very happy. A little bit of dis-belief, too. It's funny how my new T5 can "only" handle 330 flywheel TQ. I never could understand that.

As far as an aluminum driveshaft... it will raise your RWHP somewhat because the drivetrain will "eat up" less HP (anything with less mass that is easier to turn will eat up less HP, like an aluminum flywheel). And all that really means is when you figure back to BHP, you have to use a smaller %... like 14% or 13%. Since it doesn't "create" any more engine HP.
Old 6/10/07, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
As far as an aluminum driveshaft... it will raise your RWHP somewhat because the drivetrain will "eat up" less HP (anything with less mass that is easier to turn will eat up less HP, like an aluminum flywheel). And all that really means is when you figure back to BHP, you have to use a smaller %... like 14% or 13%. Since it doesn't "create" any more engine HP.
I agree 100%. Which is why what you put down to the pavement is what counts.
Old 6/10/07, 05:21 PM
GTR Member

I agree 100%. Which is why what you put down to the pavement is what counts.
True, I also agree 100% with that (if I was dyno-ing the '06)... but it's a little different when you design and build the whole thing. You'd want to know engine HP, too, I'm sure.

I wish there was an easier way to measure BHP than putting the engine on an engine dyno. I really don't want to do that, so estimating is as close as I can get.

I may be estimating too high, but everybody uses 20% for that year with that trans. Heck, it could be eating more than 20% with my heavy steel billet flywheel, crappy (when compared to our new ones) transmission, steel driveshaft, heavier than stock rims, etc.

Oh well... I'll just take the 20% and be happy.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)