General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 3/23/07, 03:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill
This is true! So long as the socket doesn't fall off and hit him square in the forehead giving him a darn near concussion.
I've had that happen but with an extension attached... 1/2 drive.
Old 3/23/07, 03:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I finally bit the bullet and joined as a paying member of TMS. I figure I spend enough time on here, I might as well help out with the cause!
Old 3/23/07, 04:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by fxdwg2002
Well I finally bit the bullet and joined as a paying member of TMS. I figure I spend enough time on here, I might as well help out with the cause!
I'm about too, but I'm still waiting on a response from an admin.
Old 3/23/07, 10:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by mikes rx
I'm about too, but I'm still waiting on a response from an admin.
Still haven't heard anything yet. I want to see mikes rx

Other than that, it's been a pretty boring day, except for the never-ending "double clutching" topic.
Old 3/23/07, 10:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by habu
What size Socket is the manifold nuts ? And do they need to be deep sockets ?
I know you asked in the PM, but I do know that you'll need a deep socket. If I had to guess, it's a 13mm.

Service Manual only gives the part number and torque specs for those manifold nuts (which is 33 ft lbs)... 40 ft lbs for the mid pipe clamps.
Old 3/23/07, 10:31 PM

Still haven't heard anything yet. I want to see mikes rx
Mike, cut loose of the 15 bucks and be done with it.
Old 3/23/07, 10:39 PM
Cobra R Member

Mike, cut loose of the 15 bucks and be done with it.
I don't care about the $15/yr fee, as it's well worth the cause. I care about whether it's indefinite. I can't get an answer as to whether it can be "canceled", as I don't want $15 coming out of my paypal acct from now until doomsday.
Old 3/23/07, 11:49 PM

Welcome to the club!

Steve, planning on cruising down to Carlsbad for the Cbad Meet next Saturday?
So far, I think Brian, Leo and myself are in.

I don't care about the $15/yr fee, as it's well worth the cause. I care about whether it's indefinite. I can't get an answer as to whether it can be "canceled", as I don't want $15 coming out of my paypal acct from now until doomsday.
I know.. I'm just messin' with you.

No response back from Galaxie? I'm surprised, he's pretty good about replying back in a timely manner.
Old 3/24/07, 12:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Exclamation hello?!...

Is anybody there?

I've e-mailed three different companys recently for requests and haven't heard a thing for many days. Doug from Bama, a striping company and a custom carpet maker. No replys at all. So frustrating! Especially from Doug, here I've heard so many wonderful things about him (he was great when I met him in the flesh) and I thought I was investing in a top notch product with superior customer service. The product is great... the customer service... not so. I hope everything is ok, but this is so disappointing!
Old 3/24/07, 01:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

This is true! So long as the socket doesn't fall off and hit him square in the forehead giving him a darn near concussion.
I remember that.

Congrats.

------------------------
Just got back from the track where I hung out with Steve and about 5-8 other stangbangers. Unfortunatly Steve decided not to race this time. Eitherway it was alot of fun. I got another 1st place trophy for running a 9.006 best in class for the night. On the negative side I can't say I've never been between by Manual S197 Granted it was by a 100th of a sec but It still counts.
(Bill-I'm still not counting the unofficial race we had. ).
Old 3/24/07, 04:50 AM
Cobra R Member

I know.. I'm just messin' with you.

No response back from Galaxie? I'm surprised, he's pretty good about replying back in a timely manner.
I know you were just kidding.

I PM'd Galaxie, and he said that he didn't have the knowledge on that subject to answer my question.

I PM'd Brad, and haven't heard anything back.

I PM'd Scothew, who said that Brad deals with all of that. So, he forwarded it to Brad. I haven't heard back.

Old 3/24/07, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Man
(BamaChips) The product is great... the customer service... not so. I hope everything is ok, but this is so disappointing!
Ray, you're not the only one trying to get a hold of Doug. link

Doug always seems to take a couple to several days to get back, but always does eventually.

I'd try and contact him in this order..

205-302-0231

bamachips@gmail.com

ck. PM.

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
IJust got back from the track where I hung out with Steve and about 5-8 other stangbangers.
Who's Steve?

Congrats on bagging another 1st Place trophy!

Oh btw, our unofficial race very much counted! You were mentally beaten even before we pulled up to the light!

I PM'd Brad, and haven't heard anything back.

I PM'd Scothew, who said that Brad deals with all of that. So, he forwarded it to Brad. I haven't heard back.

I'm afraid it'll stop there, sorry.
Brad is either way to busy or his PM box is so full, new messages are getting dropped off.

I think my contact ratio with Brad thus far has been 20:1. However, once the odds tip in your favor, Brad is a cool dude to talk to.

I'll tell you what, I'll start a thread in the TMS Member area, I know Brad frequents that section.
Old 3/24/07, 10:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Just got back from the track where I hung out with Steve and about 5-8 other stangbangers. Unfortunatly Steve decided not to race this time. Eitherway it was alot of fun. I got another 1st place trophy for running a 9.006 best in class for the night. On the negative side I can't say I've never been between by Manual S197 Granted it was by a 100th of a sec but It still counts.
Congrats Leo!

Ray, you're not the only one trying to get a hold of Doug. link

Doug always seems to take a couple to several days to get back, but always does eventually.

I'd try and contact him in this order..

205-302-0231

bamachips@gmail.com

ck. PM.
Thanks for the link and info Bill. I'll give him some more time. He's worth it.
Old 3/24/07, 11:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Who's Steve?
Steve aka FXDWG2002.
Congrats on bagging another 1st Place trophy!
Thanks.

Oh btw, our unofficial race very much counted! You were mentally beaten even before we pulled up to the light!

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Congrats Leo!
Thanks.
Old 3/24/07, 11:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Who's Steve? .
I'm Steve

------------------------
Brought my Son with me and had a good time talking with Leo and a couple other Folks between runs in the staging area.

Welcome to the club!

Steve, planning on cruising down to Carlsbad for the Cbad Meet next Saturday?
So far, I think Brian, Leo and myself are in.
Thanks Bill! Count me in for the C bad meet. Leo sent me the info already. Are we gonna meet up somewhere and drive in together or just show up?
Old 3/24/07, 12:20 PM
GTR Member

I'm Steve
Duh, Bill.
Old 3/24/07, 01:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks for the tips on the socket, I am pretty sure I have the 1/2 drive deep sockets, if not I'll buy a set (darn...)

On Doug... I think I saw something about a big car show that he is a part of as well as Brad with the Project Source Horse... If I can find the thread I'll post it. Either way I have a message into Doug and I haven't heard a bad thing about his customer service yet and I don't believe it'll go to the toilet all of a sudden. He is probably just growing a little too fast.

Oh Yeah Steve, now that I know your name, Congrats on the TMS membership !

I'm sure we will talk this week about meeting somewhere b-4 the CBad meet.
Old 3/24/07, 02:21 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by habu
On Doug... I think I saw something about a big car show that he is a part of as well as Brad with the Project Source Horse... If I can find the thread I'll post it. Either way I have a message into Doug and I haven't heard a bad thing about his customer service yet and I don't believe it'll go to the toilet all of a sudden. He is probably just growing a little too fast.
Maybe he's playing with his new dyno... You know, boys and their toys!

Man, you guys are something else, miss a couple of days and catching up is like reading a novel... Miss a week or more and it is like reading "War and Peace"!

I made the group buy for the MGW shifter by maybe an hour... Can't wait till it gets here! I almost didn't get it due to low funds but the tax refund saved the day! I got my jack stands and floor jack back from my daughter’s boyfriend just in time.

Hey Bill, I know it's been a while but I hope you didn't take it the wrong way when I was kidding you about letting Leo drive your car. I forgot to put the at the end of the post and it's been bugging me. It's too easy to misinterpret someone’s intentions in a post on a forum.

Anyway, did I tell ya'll that my car is now green?
Stinking pine pollen!
Do any of you use the California duster and does it scratch the finish... I am tired of washing my car every 2 days or so to get rid of the pine pollen and want to try something else.
Old 3/24/07, 02:27 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by pville piper
Hey Bill, I know it's been a while but I hope you didn't take it the wrong way when I was kidding you about letting Leo drive your car. I forgot to put the at the end of the post and it's been bugging me. It's too easy to misinterpret someone’s intentions in a post on a forum.
I think Bill was too busy with his Sticky Pod during that time to even notice that post. But even if he did notice it, I'm sure he knew you were kidding.
Old 3/24/07, 02:38 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by pville piper
Maybe he's playing with his new dyno... You know, boys and their toys!

Man, you guys are something else, miss a couple of days and catching up is like reading a novel... Miss a week or more and it is like reading "War and Peace"!

I made the group buy for the MGW shifter by maybe an hour... Can't wait till it gets here! I almost didn't get it due to low funds but the tax refund saved the day! I got my jack stands and floor jack back from my daughter’s boyfriend just in time.

Anyway, did I tell ya'll that my car is now green?
Stinking pine pollen!
Do any of you use the California duster and does it scratch the finish... I am tired of washing my car every 2 days or so to get rid of the pine pollen and want to try something else.
Cal duster is awesome..Just use it lightly(don't press on it) and give it a good shaking after every stroke..(that doesn't sound good )

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)