General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 11/11/06, 06:13 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Why didn't we install it? Because it's ugly.
I don't like that rubber seal, either, but I don't think it would completely seal against the hood liner even if you did have it installed, though. So, there's no reason to have it on.

I'll do the experiment again with my hood closed. Even though I know there wasn't any air blowing the tissue into the scoop - if anything, air would have blown the tissue upwards.

My dad only revved it a little bit, but I'll use a paper towel and tissue again and tell him to rev it up a little higher each time while I yell out the RPMs.
Old 11/11/06, 07:57 PM
Cobra Member

Hey John, I have no idea what the cost or release date for the Livewire is. But, if you don't see yourself wanting (or needing) some of that trivial info or having to mount it somewhere, you may as well get the Xcal2 now.

You may want to e-mail Doug to get some more info on it before making up your mind.
Not needing it.... HEY! Its a gadget and I am a guy... Therefore it is not only wanted but necessary!!!
Old 11/11/06, 09:18 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
I did my whole seating (front and back) with the Z-16 today.

Here's a good comparision shot between the Z-16 applied to nothing at all on the seat (since new).

Also, 1 pic with the exposure set to -2. Tried to tone down the flash glare, it worked, but made my seats look really black!
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_1442m.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_1444m.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_1454m.jpg  
Old 11/11/06, 10:25 PM
GTR Member

Here's a good comparision shot between the Z-16 applied to nothing at all on the seat (since new).
Looks amazing. I should have done the same thing to compare.
Old 11/11/06, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Looks amazing. I should have done the same thing to compare.
Thanks!

I forgot to mention that I used the same rag to do all the seats. After all was said and done, no dye color on the rag, just some dust and light dirt.

As a side note, Leo stopped by today. We took some pics and vids of his car. Some of the vids were for you, Tom, on the combination of the Flows and the O/R H on the freeway. I was amazed how 'quiet' and 'tolerable' the combination sounded, much different than the Stinger set-up.

I'm sure he'll post them up later.
Old 11/12/06, 03:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Here's the links to the pics and videos from yesterday. Thanks to Bill for the pics as well as videography.

Pics (Featuring Bill's car)
http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ill/?start=all

Videos (Tom you might want to check these out)
http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...5/My%20Videos/
Old 11/12/06, 08:21 AM
GTR Member

Cool videos! Think I can get the H-Pipe installed on just Wednesday? My tips are perfectly centered now and I don't want to spend too much time trying to get them perfect again. Also, I don't want to rush to have the car ready by Thursday night for the car show.

Since nobody hears the car at the show, should I just wait until the following weekend to install it?
Old 11/12/06, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Thanks to Bill for the pics as well as videography.
Leo, showed this video to Pam this morning...

She said you're a crazy **** driver!
Old 11/12/06, 09:30 AM

Think I can get the H-Pipe installed on just Wednesday?
Of course! Try 2 hours at the absolute max! (I'm giving you an extra hour since you're by yourself). Also, might be a good idea to review my 'How To' and see if you have any questions on it.

Just make sure you got some penetrating oil and a tube of anti-sieze on hand before starting the swap.

From the last 2 swaps, I found that the tips returned to the exact location after the installation of the Pypes.

btw- they'll hear you when you pull up to the carshow and when you leave!
Old 11/12/06, 02:18 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by karman
I don't think I need one. I already have the Xcal 2 and my Vector FX2 does all the 0-60, datalogging and HP functions.
The only possible thing on it I might want is a port for a A/F meter which I would still have to buy in addition.
My cost on those two things was less than $600, what is the Livewire?
I think I'll still go the GTech Pro route. Like karman, I just want a stand-alone unit to fugure out HP, 0-60, etc.
Old 11/12/06, 02:22 PM

I think I'll still go the GTech Pro route. Like karman, I just want a stand-alone unit to fugure out HP, 0-60, etc.
Good point. As cool as the Livewire is, I really don't feel like dropping another 3, 4, or 5 bills on another programmer.

Hey! After you tired of playing around with the G-Tech, maybe I can borrow it for a week or two (I'll even pay for the shipping! ).
Old 11/12/06, 02:23 PM
GTR Member

Who's black 4x4 is that?

Just kidding, Leo, but are you ever going to lower it??
Old 11/12/06, 02:25 PM
GTR Member

Good point. As cool as the Livewire is, I really don't feel like dropping another 3, 4, or 5 bills on another programmer.

Hey! After you tired of playing around with the G-Tech, maybe I can borrow it for a week or two (I'll even pay for the shipping! ).
Yeah, the cheaper one is less than 2 bills on eBay shipped.

Too bad we aren't closer - then we could pay 1/2 and swap it back and forth. You know you'll want your own after you play with it for awhile.
Old 11/12/06, 02:32 PM

Who's black 4x4 is that?

Just kidding, Leo, but are you ever going to lower it??
Ouch!

I'll answer for Leo since we talked about it yesterday.

He wants to lower it, but not compromise the ride quality of the stock set-up (every guy's wish). The answer is simple (like I told him)... The Steeda Ultralites, period.

His other concern is that his relative's driveway is rather steep and with the combination of the CDC spoiler and the Ultralites, it may be scrape city.

It's a valid concern, which is probably the reason he hasn't taken the plunge yet.
Old 11/12/06, 02:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Ouch!

I'll answer for Leo since we talked about it yesterday.

He wants to lower it, but not compromise the ride quality of the stock set-up (every guy's wish). The answer is simple (like I told him)... The Steeda Ultralites, period.

His other concern is that his relative's driveway is rather steep and with the combination of the CDC spoiler and the Ultralites, it may be scrape city.

It's a valid concern, which is probably the reason he hasn't taken the plunge yet.
In addition to what Bill said I'm also waiting untill I get my wheels/tires. Once I get those I'll wait a while to recoup from the dent that purchase will put in my wallet and get the springs and rotors in at the same time.
Old 11/12/06, 02:48 PM

Yeah, the cheaper one is less than 2 bills on eBay shipped.

Too bad we aren't closer - then we could pay 1/2 and swap it back and forth. You know you'll want your own after you play with it for awhile.
That doesn't sound too bad of a price getting it on eBay.

I am curious about the info the G-Tech provides, but after seeing the numbers, I can't really see a need for it any further. Unless of course I install a substantial HP mod in the future. It would be different if my car was bone stock, then see how much HP each mod will yield.
Old 11/12/06, 02:57 PM

In addition to what Bill said I'm also waiting untill I get my wheels/tires. Once I get those I'll wait a while to recoup from the dent that purchase will put in my wallet and get the springs and rotors in at the same time.
The wheels and tires will be the biggest hit no doubt.

The Ultralites can be had for $227.95

Rotor swap can be done at any time and doesn't necessarily have to be done during the suspension drop.
Old 11/12/06, 03:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

The wheels and tires will be the biggest hit no doubt.

The Ultralites can be had for $227.95

Rotor swap can be done at any time and doesn't necessarily have to be done during the suspension drop.
I'd do the rotor swap but as you or Tom stated a few weeks ago it would be pointless as you wouldn't be able to see them with the wheels I have now. I guess I could do the Ultralites but I'm hesitant to get those for the reasons you've stated.
Old 11/12/06, 03:16 PM

I'd do the rotor swap but as you or Tom stated a few weeks ago it would be pointless as you wouldn't be able to see them with the wheels I have now. I guess I could do the Ultralites but I'm hesitant to get those for the reasons you've stated.
It wasn't me.

It's true though, with your 17" Machined wheels, it will cover up the view of the rotors somewhat, but not totally (like having Moon hub caps )... see pic. As you can see, enough of the rotor surface can clearly be seen.

Driving around with the Ultralites will be no different than if you had a C6 Corvette. Take Tom for example, he's the got both the CDC and Ultralites, and is (1/2) a daily driver.
Attached Images  
Old 11/12/06, 04:13 PM
GTR Member

I've never hit the chin spoiler on anything. Does make it hard to get a jack under, though... or get it up on ramps.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)