General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 1/13/10, 03:12 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
I think someone is shooting for 600+ to the wheels!
Or just trying to prevent further torque dimples
Old 1/13/10, 03:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by superfly s197
Old 1/13/10, 04:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Funny read if you like football. If not atleast read the part in bold.

Explaining their aversion to the epic, ridiculous Cardinals-Packers game Sunday, Free Darko wrote: "Warner scores don't move me. I know what he's thinking." I do not understand this. I have no idea what Warner's ever thinking. It scares me. I think this is what makes him great, and incomprehensible.
I have joked before about my favorite Kurt Warner moment. It was last year, after the Cardinals-49ers MNF game (this night, actually), when the 49ers failed to convert on a goal-line stand that would have won the game. Afterwards, an exchange:

Michelle Tafoya: What were you thinking on that last drive?
Kurt Warner: I was thinking of how great God is.

This passage sums up everything about Warner, and nothing. I wonder if this is exactly what he was thinking, what he's thinking all the time, really, whether he's pumping gas, pouring milk on his breakfast cereal, clipping his toenails. "God is great, God is great, I like chicken teriyaki, God is great, I should watch for that blitz package, God is great." Is that really it? Is that how he does it? Has he figured it all out? Is it God? Or his version of God? (Or, as Craggs, put it: "a sort of willful, self-imposed ignorance that allows a guy to both believe in an invisible man on a cloud AND play a really violent game in a perpetual state of calm"?)

In a world in which Brett Favre continues to exist, and continues to capture the attention of those who hate him, it is sad how few recognize Warner as his spiritual opposite. Let's look at the circumstances of Sunday's game. Beforehand, word leaks that Warner might retire after the season, which really shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone who has followed his career, and his season. (All told, I suspect he wanted to retire after last year.) So, we realize, walking into the Pink Taco, that this is very well the last time we'll ever watch Kurt Warner play football. The Kurt Warner who exploded into the public consciousness more than a decade ago, the most cliched and therefore most true of unlikely stories, then essentially disappeared for seven years, before re-emerging to lead the NFL's worst franchise to the Super Bowl. Whatever your thoughts on the man, it is impossible that he exists. He has no comparables: He is his own species.
And we were watching his last game, and it was perfection. No one understands the NFL's efficiency rating — except to know that it's useless — but I can't fathom how someone could play better than Warner did without the ability to physically stop time. Four incompletions, five touchdowns, just utter, cold brilliance. This was his last stand, the final flash of what Drew calls "'99 Warner, who can ejaculate through a Fruit Loop," and it was the best game he'd ever played. And he still almost lost it. In a way, that might have been the ideal ending to the story. Warner plays the game of his life, but he still loses, thanks to a coin flip, Neil Rackers and the emerging genius of Aaron Rodgers. It would have made sense. An unprecedented career ending in an unprecedented way, Warner losing in his last game, but not really, not really losing at all. After Rackers missed the field goal, it's what every single Buzzsaw fan in that stadium was thinking. It was logical.

Not that Warner seemed to notice. I watched the game on television later, and he's standing on the sidelines, passive as ever, at peace, observing the other fallible humans groping for whatever they can, all around him. If this would have been Favre ... lord, I can't imagine. Let's just be glad it wasn't Favre.

As it turned out, Karlos Dansby "intercepted" the pass via a Michael Adams facemask-that-wasn't-a-facemask-for-some-reason, and it wasn't over. Warner gets to do this again. It's almost like he knew.

It's difficult to describe Warner, when he's on, when he's '99 Warner, as anything other than bionic. He is a robotically constructed quarterback machine, showing no emotion, no fear, no joy, no panic: He throws the ball exactly where it's supposed to go because that's where it's supposed to go. It's not the chaos of Favre, or the nerdy precision of Manning, or the All-American faux heroism of Brady. There's nothing to it at all: Warner just hits exactly his spot and then jogs down the field to do it again. It's unnerving. It's inhuman. It does not compute.

Kurt Warner plays football like most people take out the mail, or pour milk on their cereal, or pump gas. He just happens to be brilliant at it. There is no mess. He is a reasonable, removed man playing a savage game, and he barely seems to notice. I've seen Kurt Warner get angry on the field, I've seen him frustrated, I've seen him in pain ... but I've never seen him nervous. I don't mean nervous in a Neil Rackers pants-pissing way: I mean nervous in an existential way. Warner plays like he knows how this story ends. Kurt Warner makes me want to be a better person. He makes me want to try to figure it all out. And he makes me want him to win, win, win, before it's over, before the mystery vanishes, in a wisp, gone.
Old 1/13/10, 05:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by superfly s197
yep, no needed

that is waaaaay more than I needed to know about Kurt Warner. Way more.
Old 1/13/10, 07:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Help please those of you fellows here that got the Blue-Ant TTS hands free visor for their phone , I can't find my manual and forgot the manufacture pass word to pair it with my iphone, does anyone recall it at all ? Thank-You Ed
Old 1/13/10, 09:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

For you iPhone junkies... this looks pretty cool.

Become a professional iCinematographer

Old 1/14/10, 07:04 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Help please those of you fellows here that got the Blue-Ant TTS hands free visor for their phone , I can't find my manual and forgot the manufacture pass word to pair it with my iphone, does anyone recall it at all ? Thank-You Ed

http://www.myblueant.com/products/sp...t3/st3_faq.php

Old 1/14/10, 09:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
For you iPhone junkies... this looks pretty cool.

Become a professional iCinematographer

Looks cool don't know how practical it is though.
Old 1/14/10, 05:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by TacoBill
I tried that first then 9999 & 1111 nadda when I try 0000 i get could not pair with "BluAnt ST3"
wait I got it you have to hit the green phone right after you start the phone search for it and as soon as it trys to pair hit the green phone Whalla.

Last edited by GottaHaveIt; 1/14/10 at 05:57 PM.
Old 1/14/10, 05:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Looks cool don't know how practical it is though.

Man it's dead in here.

Old 1/14/10, 05:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

is that grave radio active or what ? lol
Old 1/14/10, 06:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

So I'm going to guess some of you guys installed a line lock kit on your car, is it hard, overly expensive, and what would be the best brand to use with a Mustang ? I'm really wanting to do it now.
Old 1/14/10, 06:01 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I thought that people only use line locks for drag racing?? Or am I wrong about what the line lock is?
Old 1/14/10, 06:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

it can be I suppose but a buddy had them on his car and it was cool just to do the odd smoke show , to impress the ladies you know.
Old 1/14/10, 06:20 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

True i wasnt even thinking about doing those kind of things with the line lock to save the brakes.
Old 1/14/10, 07:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
So I'm going to guess some of you guys installed a line lock kit on your car, is it hard, overly expensive, and what would be the best brand to use with a Mustang ? I'm really wanting to do it now.

Go with the SLP kit. The brake lines are already pre-bent and it's pretty much plug-n-play. Of course you have to bleed the lines after the install but it's easy. Three pumps and Hold the brake pedal (two man job) and someone crack open the bleeder valve. Repeat until no air is in the lines starting at the wheel furthest from the Master cylinder and work your way up. Watch the brake fluid level though. The Earl's speed bleeders are supposed to make it a one-man job, but I've never used them. Don't ask me about electronics for the switch, I don't do electronics.

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
I thought that people only use line locks for drag racing?? Or am I wrong about what the line lock is?
No you are not wrong, but drag racing is the primary use for line locks or anti-theft deterrent....

Last edited by habu; 1/14/10 at 07:10 PM.
Old 1/14/10, 07:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Nice thanks now I'll start to shop for some here . I may get a spare shift *** and see if I can get a micro switch in for quick easy hidden kinda thing, I liked how you'd hit the button pump the breaks a few times let her go and when your finger came off away you went ! was so cool I was driving them in high schoool before I had a drivers lic lol
Old 1/14/10, 08:10 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Originally Posted by habu
Go with the SLP kit. The brake lines are already pre-bent and it's pretty much plug-n-play. Of course you have to bleed the lines after the install but it's easy. Three pumps and Hold the brake pedal (two man job) and someone crack open the bleeder valve. Repeat until no air is in the lines starting at the wheel furthest from the Master cylinder and work your way up. Watch the brake fluid level though. The Earl's speed bleeders are supposed to make it a one-man job, but I've never used them. Don't ask me about electronics for the switch, I don't do electronics.

No you are not wrong, but drag racing is the primary use for line locks or anti-theft deterrent....

Yeah I was figuring you were talking about the brake line lock but I wasnt sure if there was something else called a line lock. I am still learning new things on what is on Mustangs.
Old 1/14/10, 09:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by habu

+1. I've got that same kit.
Old 1/15/10, 10:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Morning all!

Hey Jed, how was class last night?

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)