General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 11/14/08, 06:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
Cool !!! Is your trip a business or vacation trip ?

Absolutely you can drive it.

p.s. your CDs are sitting here on my desk, I'll get them out this weekend.

My wife is from a little town named Lake Elsinore and her family still lives there..... if we come out this spring, I'll reach out to you for sure!! Drinks will be on me!
Old 11/14/08, 06:54 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by XxDevilR6xX
My car is slow. I hate being poor.
Danny, if it makes you feel any better, you can for sure kick my butt in a race right now.

Originally Posted by tom281
My wife is from a little town named Lake Elsinore and her family still lives there..... if we come out this spring, I'll reach out to you for sure!! Drinks will be on me!
Ahh.. Lake Elsinore, home of sky diving and MX. Chris used to ride there almost every weekend back in the day.

Drinks on Tom?
Old 11/14/08, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Cool thing is I was doing 80mph the whole way back with the a/c on and was getting 28mpg according to the gauge thingie. Before the blower the best I'd get it to read was 20 maybe 21 on a good day.
Okay, got a chance to test this out this morning on the way to work.

70 mph - best of 21.7 mpg

80 mph - 19.1 to 19.7 mpg

I reset the computer at each of those cruising speeds for best accuracy.

Leo, sure you weren't going downhill?

btw, before I reset the mpg 'puter, it showed an average mpg of 12.8.
Old 11/14/08, 08:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys crack me up. Stop talking and go to the track! With practice my money's on brian.... Not that it matters, and nothing personal Leo.
Yeah, yeah I know you twinscrew guys gotta stick together.

Originally Posted by habu
OK.. I am pussing out. I am taking my car for the IAT, Re-Tune and Gauge install on Dec 5th. Since I have minus vacation time it's either take time off for the 21st or have the work done. Gotta get the work done. I know, I know all this smack talk and nothing to show for it, lame.
WTF. I think Brian just wants to see what I run so he know's what to expect. Depending on my time's he might ask Adam for a smaller pulley.

Originally Posted by TacoBill

How long did you stay at those speeds for?
Old 11/14/08, 08:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, yeah I know you twinscrew guys gotta stick together.
**** straight

WTF. I think Brian just wants to see what I run so he know's what to expect. Depending on my time's he might ask Adam for a smaller pulley.
I gotta get it done. It's been seven months since the install no gauges and I have no tuner right now. If something were to happen to the tune on the car or if it decided to throw codes I have no way of fixing it.
You won't have to worry about a smaller pulley. I'd be better served by losing weight at this point. IF anything I'll probably see if the 325 tire is way too tall for me and go down to a 275.

Those seem like my numbers. The examples I have are going to R&R speeds at 80 and I get about 20-21 for the 25 mile trip.

Last edited by habu; 11/14/08 at 08:14 AM.
Old 11/14/08, 08:16 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill

Leo, sure you weren't going downhill?

btw, before I reset the mpg 'puter, it showed an average mpg of 12.8.

Hm... Well, I usually average 22-23 mpg, but I'm usually cruising at 65-ish. The longer the drive though, the more I've noticed I save. The cruise to ST I averaged about 25-26 mpg and that was at 70-75.

Streets is a wide range of 13-17, depending on how I drive
Old 11/14/08, 08:23 AM

Maybe a minute at 80.

Any longer, I risk getting a speeding ticket.
Old 11/14/08, 12:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by XxDevilR6xX
My car is slow. I hate being poor.
Dont worry Dan you'll get supercharged before me!

hope to see you, sounds like we'll have to take Tom on a drive on Ortega highway!

Sorry Brian but my money is on Leo!

Happy Friday Guys!!

Last edited by USMC0341; 11/14/08 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11/14/08, 12:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I'll reach out to you for sure!! Drinks will be on me!
That was a mistake. They will drink your wallet dry.
Old 11/14/08, 12:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by USMC0341
hope to see you, sounds like we'll have to take Tom on a drive on Ortega highway!

Sorry Brian but my money is on Leo!

Happy Friday Guys!!
Ortega Hwy is a great idea George

No worries on where the money lies. Not like this is that important. Fun yeah, important, meh
Old 11/14/08, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Man
That was a mistake. They will drink your wallet dry.

Yes, the SoCal POTR crew eats and drinks well.

Old 11/14/08, 12:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

A little off topic

I thought I'd ask the POTR Crew a question.

I have noticed in the almost two years that I have had my car that it generates tons of hate and negative comment's from only ford fans! When I stand around my car at car shows, events,etc and people don't realise that I'm the owner I hear them say all kinds of things but never anything positive...piece of sh*T, poser, you get the point.

But when I go to a all brand car show or around non ford people they love the car! I don't understand!
I have guys in corvettes give me thumbs up but I have had guys in mustangs give me the middle finger.

Almost on a weekly basis I have people pm/email me links to pj's for sale with prices a lot lower that sticker with glee, like they are rubbing it in! It a two year old car! who the hell thinks its price will stay at sticker forever? Hell I didn't even pay sticker!

We have all seen cars mustangs included that were modded that we didn't like, but I have never made it a point to go up to the owner and tell him he has a piece of ****! But fellow mustang owners have!

I didn't buy this car to get any positive comment's, Just like the rest of you guys, I bought it because I fell in love with it on the dealership floor. I just find the comment's from only ford guys curious

So you guys are my friends and ford guys, tell me what on the pj causes all the haters to come out?

sorry for the novel

Last edited by USMC0341; 11/14/08 at 12:43 PM.
Old 11/14/08, 01:04 PM

I have guys in corvettes give me thumbs up but I have had guys in mustangs give me the middle finger.

So you guys are my friends and ford guys, tell me what on the pj causes all the haters to come out?
Sorry George, but that sh*ts way too funny!!

C'mon man, I don't believe all the Ford (especially Mustang peers) guys talk smack about the PJ. I mean there will always be a couple yahoos standing around any of our cars and talk smack about it. A lot of that is from different tastes in color, mods, and or plain unadultrated jealousy.

Your PJ is a collectors car and lots of guys don't know any better. Screw them.

Oh, and next time I flip you the bird it's because we're friends.
Old 11/14/08, 01:04 PM
Bullitt Member

A little off topic

I thought I'd ask the POTR Crew a question.

I have noticed in the almost two years that I have had my car that it generates tons of hate and negative comment's from only ford fans! When I stand around my car at car shows, events,etc and people don't realise that I'm the owner I hear them say all kinds of things but never anything positive...piece of sh*T, poser, you get the point.

But when I go to a all brand car show or around non ford people they love the car! I don't understand!

Almost on a weekly basis I have people pm/email me links to pj's for sale with prices a lot lower that sticker with glee, like they are rubbing it in! It a two year old car! who the hell thinks its price will stay at sticker forever? Hell I didn't even pay sticker!

We have all seen cars mustangs included that were modded that we didn't like, but I have never made it a point to go up to the owner and tell him he has a piece of ****! But fellow mustang owners have!

I didn't buy this car to get any positive comment's, Just like the rest of you guys, I bought it because I fell in love with it on the dealership floor. I just find the comment's from only ford guys curious

sorry for the novel
I can't think of anything besides the fact that they might be jealous or simply uneducated and can't tell that it's a legitimate Saleen.
Old 11/14/08, 01:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

What they said times 1000.

I'll swap with you if you want.

Old 11/14/08, 01:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well as the so cal guys know I absolutely do don't think my stang is better than any our our cars or any stang! its just different.

And I know its not all ford guys but the sh*t talkers are almost always fellow ford/mustang guys.

If I don't get the middle finger from the POTR crew something must be wrong

As for my supercharger plans...We came to the conclusion...no supercharger for me With my oldest son going to Cal State next year my mod budget is zero. This is after a major battle last night. It started when I test drove and almost bought a used 07 ZO6 last night. it had 2K miles on it and I haggled the dealer down to 42K but when I brought the wife to sign the papers she exploded She told me... no more cars or spending money on cars for me or start looking for a divorce lawyer!

Last edited by USMC0341; 11/14/08 at 01:54 PM.
Old 11/14/08, 01:55 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
George,

I love your car. Now admittedly I have voted for the Cobra R in the poll over your car, but I still rank your car fourth behind the '69 Mach 1, '70 Boss 302, 2000 Cobra R, and the PJ. I have nothing but praise for your car, and those people are stupid idiots. I don't run in car circles, nor have I ever really been in a car show, but these people have a screw loose, don't understand exactly what your car is, or are just plain jealous. If I saw you or anyone with a PJ at a show I would be drawn to the car like a moth to a flame. I don't know if I ever told you this but there was a PJ in the Ford dealers showroom when I got my car. Actually a PJ, 2 SC281's, 2 Shelby GT's, and a Black GT500. I knew what the GT500 was, they would'nt budge on the $15k adm, and the SC281's I don't care for at all, looks wise. The Shelby GT I learned then and there didn't have any more power to justify the $45k they wanted for it. And then there was the beautiful PJ. I loved it. It had everything I wanted. 302 , the color, even the louvers on the back, the front bumper cover, the completely different rear taillights and bumper with the plate between the lights. I loved it, and I love it to this day. But they wanted $60k for it and it didn't have a SC. My wife would have kicked me out of the house, and I would have been forced to live in the car if I had gotten it. I think its an incredible deal for $45k. I don't know what you paid, but that doesn't matter also. If you hadn't paid that you wouldn't have it like me. I've got probably $36k or more in mine and it'll never be anything compared to a PJ. It has no value other than its a GT that some guy modded that he'll never see any of that money again. But I love it.

Of course my dream Mustang would be a PJ with a Super Shaker on it. It just doesn''t get any better than that.

Don't let those fools get you down. I know and you know you definitely have the best Saleen ever made. Best Saleen for less than $99k at least.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 11/14/08 at 01:57 PM.
Old 11/14/08, 02:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Thats a good price for a 07 Z06 with 2K miles! Probably cheaper than a divorce however!

Ya did the right thing George!
Old 11/14/08, 02:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
George,
I don't know if I ever told you this but there was a PJ in the Ford dealers showroom when I got my car. Actually a PJ, 2 SC281's, 2 Shelby GT's, and a Black GT500. I knew what the GT500 was, they would'nt budge on the $15k adm, and the SC281's I don't care for at all, looks wise.
I hear you Gary and thanks for your comment's. When i purchased my PJ I actually went to the dealer to look at a GT500. They also wouldn't budge from the 20k markup. That is when I saw my first pj and fell in love with it.
Old 11/14/08, 02:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by FormerGmc
Thats a good price for a 07 Z06 with 2K miles! Probably cheaper than a divorce however!

Ya did the right thing George!
Tell me about it Steve

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)