General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 9/23/08, 09:45 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys, thanks for all the well wishes

Just got power back after not having any for 11 days. Its been a very trying time needless to say. I have a whole new appreciation for hurricanes. We are trying to stock up the refrigerator and get the house back to some type of normalcy, whatever that is these days.

Looks like I have a whole bunch of catching up to do.

Oh I'm on the DirecTV list for getting my sat dish realigned as the cane messed it up a bit, it held firm but slightly moved out of alignment, good thing I put up the antenna in the attic so I can at least get all my HD local channels.

Take care men
Old 9/23/08, 09:50 AM
Cobra Member

Oh you might find this interesting, here is a news story about a good buddy of mines house that got destroyed in the hurricane. Needless to say there are thousands of houses like this

http://www.click2houston.com/video/17510096/index.html
Old 9/23/08, 10:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by habu
Sounds like you had a great time. Post the pics.

So how was the $10 warm yellow-fizzy-**** beer.... although it barely qualifies to be called beer. (Another reason I stopped drinking anything at venues)
I'll post pics once I get home. Yeah the only reason I bought it was because Soda was like $5 so I figured might as well get my money's worth and at least get a buzz.

Originally Posted by NYNY53

Just got power back after not having any for 11 days. Its been a very trying time needless to say. I have a whole new appreciation for hurricanes. We are trying to stock up the refrigerator and get the house back to some type of normalcy, whatever that is these days.

Looks like I have a whole bunch of catching up to do.

Oh I'm on the DirecTV list for getting my sat dish realigned as the cane messed it up a bit, it held firm but slightly moved out of alignment, good thing I put up the antenna in the attic so I can at least get all my HD local channels.

Take care men
Glad to hear you and your family came through alright. It's good when a hurricane passes by you and all you have to worry about is stocking the fridge and getting your DTV dish realigned.
Old 9/23/08, 10:07 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Good to hear your things are getting better for you NYNY.

Leo,

Found this somewhat biased story thought you might like

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/70050

And as far os the avatar goes, I was just surprised to see T.O. run all the way down field to block for a teammate when he wasn't going to be the one scoring the touchdown.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 9/23/08 at 10:09 AM.
Old 9/23/08, 10:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Good to hear your things are getting better for you NYNY.

Leo,

Found this somewhat biased story thought you might like

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/70050

And as far os the avatar goes, I was just surprised to see T.O. run all the way down field to block for a teammate when he wasn't going to be the one scoring the touchdown.
Yeah I read that. No doubt it has a biased as it's based on the opinion of a former Packer player that still works with the club.
Old 9/23/08, 10:23 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I'll say this about Rodgers. He didn't fail Sunday night. It's just his 3rd start and against a team some people say may be Superbowl bound. But the Cowboys made good changes at halftime and the talent pool was just to deep against a banged up secondary. Sorry to hear about Harris. He's a Texas boy from Texas A&M Kingsville. Hope he gets well. You never want to hear of anyone having a possible ruptured spleen.
Old 9/23/08, 10:32 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Bill-That avatar is super queer.
Don't like my avatar? Here ya go..

Originally Posted by NYNY53
Glad you made it through with just some bumps and bruises.. could have been much worse.

Did the Mustang come out unscathed?

Yeah the only reason I bought it was because Soda was like $5 so I figured might as well get my money's worth and at least get a buzz.
Quit your back pedalling on the Bud Light. I can understand Brewmaster Brian not liking it, but your rookie tastebuds aren't as refined as his yet. So STFU and have another Bud!
Old 9/23/08, 10:53 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Like to give props to Seth @ Brenspeed for fixing a price discrepancy I had with something I recently ordered. Good guys to deal with.
Old 9/23/08, 10:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Quit your back pedalling on the Bud Light. I can understand Brewmaster Brian not liking it, but your rookie tastebuds aren't as refined as his yet. So STFU and have another Bud!
Portillo's is the only acceptable place for budlight only because of how chilled they serve it. Is it just me or is Bill getting testier the longer his cars away.
Old 9/23/08, 11:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by JonCo
Like to give props to Seth @ Brenspeed for fixing a price discrepancy I had with something I recently ordered. Good guys to deal with.

Great guys to deal with. I'm hoping to get my car back from them this week. The 26 spline shaft is installed and they hope to get the clutch/flywheel/TOB installed today or tomorrow.

Also last week I mentioned a little surprise- well we're doing twin screw blower cams! These are custom made by Comp Cams to Brenspeed's specifications and were actually in Brent White's personal car for testing and development.

Made just for twin screw blowers........ Hope to get those in this week too!
Old 9/23/08, 11:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tom281
Great guys to deal with. I'm hoping to get my car back from them this week. The 26 spline shaft is installed and they hope to get the clutch/flywheel/TOB installed today or tomorrow.

Also last week I mentioned a little surprise- well we're doing twin screw blower cams! These are custom made by Comp Cams to Brenspeed's specifications and were actually in Brent White's personal car for testing and development.

Great... Another something to blow my money on....

That's awesome news Tom So you are the guinea pig for this ? How is the stock bottom end going to hold out ?

On a different subject... with the DRs what 60' times should I be expecting ? 'cause I was getting a consistent 1.90-1.98 but nothing better.
Old 9/23/08, 11:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I am not the guinea pig so to speak...... Brent's car picked up like 25 rwhp and they've installed a set on another Saleen car that picked up like 26 rwhp. Basically, the low end torque is unaffected but there is a much stronger top-end pull. If I gain 25 rwhp, I'll be at 475 or so and I believe that's a safe number with a solid tune.

As far as 60' time, I don't recall mine off hand but I think my best was in the 1.7 range with those M&H tires. Assuming you're getting traction (which you are with those tires) your 60' time would depend on how hard you're launching I believe.
Old 9/23/08, 11:34 AM

Is it just me or is Bill getting testier the longer his cars away.
I'll show you testier *****..

Awesome Tom!

Do you know how much more hp/tq is expected over the stock grind?

edit: I see your post above.

Originally Posted by habu
Great... Another something to blow my money on....

On a different subject... with the DRs what 60' times should I be expecting ? 'cause I was getting a consistent 1.90-1.98 but nothing better.
Somehow I don't think blower cams will pass Kali emissions.

I'm no track expert, but there's too many variables on what times to expect on DRs, like launch rpm, driveline, gears, etc.

Last edited by TacoBill; 9/23/08 at 11:35 AM.
Old 9/23/08, 11:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Info:

http://www.brenspeed.com/127bren2.html
Old 9/23/08, 11:48 AM

Wow, that's $350 a stick!
Old 9/23/08, 12:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Wow, that's $350 a stick!

For you......

ahahahhahaaa
Old 9/23/08, 12:17 PM

For you......

ahahahhahaaa
Noooo.. not for me.
Old 9/23/08, 01:48 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I am not the guinea pig so to speak...... Brent's car picked up like 25 rwhp and they've installed a set on another Saleen car that picked up like 26 rwhp. Basically, the low end torque is unaffected but there is a much stronger top-end pull. If I gain 25 rwhp, I'll be at 475 or so and I believe that's a safe number with a solid tune.

As far as 60' time, I don't recall mine off hand but I think my best was in the 1.7 range with those M&H tires. Assuming you're getting traction (which you are with those tires) your 60' time would depend on how hard you're launching I believe.
Man that's awesome. Plans for a built block down the road?

Question, what would delete plates do for me being blown? I was just poking around Brenspeed website for new mods. Lol
Old 9/23/08, 02:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by JonCo
Man that's awesome. Plans for a built block down the road?

Question, what would delete plates do for me being blown? I was just poking around Brenspeed website for new mods. Lol

I would love to do a built block, but not likely for a while.

Delete plates- any loss of restriction is good for supercharged applications......... should be a good mod for you.
Old 9/23/08, 04:27 PM

I would love to do a built block, but not likely for a while.
Tom, all you have to do is disconnect your Boost-A-Pump and Whamo! You'll have a new block with all forged internals in no time.

Delete plates- any loss of restriction is good for supercharged applications......... should be a good mod for you.
Even my budget SC kit came with delete plates, which I already had, so I got credited.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)