Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 8/1/08, 11:20 AM
Cobra Member

Don't forget... Shelby typed it!
Old 8/1/08, 11:40 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Poor Charlie.

I have to say this about the guy, he probably LOVES his car the most compared to any of us here.

I spoke with Leo this morning, toggle switch is going next to the headlight switch.
Old 8/1/08, 12:16 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
You can hit it all you want driving down the road and nothing will happen if you don't have the brakes on. The switch traps pressure between the solenoid valve and the front brakes. With no pressure, there is nothing to trap.

Sometimes I will have the brakes lightly applied and slowly moving forward when I hit the switch. Then when I floor it, I'm not standing still digging a pit, but instead slowly moving forward painting two dark black lines behind me.
cool, I didnt know you could do that! smoky burnouts FTW
Old 8/1/08, 02:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by habu

Why the 26 spline shaft and how difficult is it to replace it ?

Looking to here the results of the mods. They sound like the parts that I have been thinking about when I plan my clutch replacement.

Many people have snapped the stock 10 spline input when switching to an aftermarket clutch...... the extra holding power puts alot of additional force on the input. People running around 450 rwhp have snapped it, no matter if they're running street tires or drag radials- the aftermarket clutch is the key contributor. On the other hand, people that have swapped to the 26 spline unit are running monster power- like 650+ rwhp- and aftermarket clutches with no problems.

If you have a stock 10 spline core, you can send it to Liberty Gears to have teh conversion to 26 done. Current price is $305. Labor to install, well I don't know yet........ I've heard $100 and I've heard $300. BUT, if you're gonna do a clutch, that is the time to do it since the trans will be down, plus you have to order a 26 spline clutch. Anyway, enough for this thread- if you need more info PM me.
Old 8/1/08, 03:02 PM

Okay guys, here's my one and only NFL contribution... NFL Flyovers
Old 8/1/08, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by tom281
BUT, if you're gonna do a clutch, that is the time to do it since the trans will be down, plus you have to order a 26 spline clutch.
I'm not listening..

I just want my car back please.
Old 8/1/08, 03:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Many people have snapped the stock 10 spline input when switching to an aftermarket clutch...... the extra holding power puts alot of additional force on the input. People running around 450 rwhp have snapped it, no matter if they're running street tires or drag radials- the aftermarket clutch is the key contributor. On the other hand, people that have swapped to the 26 spline unit are running monster power- like 650+ rwhp- and aftermarket clutches with no problems.

If you have a stock 10 spline core, you can send it to Liberty Gears to have teh conversion to 26 done. Current price is $305. Labor to install, well I don't know yet........ I've heard $100 and I've heard $300. BUT, if you're gonna do a clutch, that is the time to do it since the trans will be down, plus you have to order a 26 spline clutch. Anyway, enough for this thread- if you need more info PM me.
Thanks for the info Tom. I do really appreciate it. With luck I'm not going to worry about a clutch until next year (I hope). I have read about the spline issues but have wondered what all was involved, if it's another 100-300 or so to insure you don't snap the thing then it's a bargin in my book. This is a great piece of info to keep tucked away until I need it. Thank You!!!!

So we want to see daylight, serious daylight, under the front wheels at the next race. Find someone to snap them !!!
Old 8/1/08, 03:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
Thanks for the info Tom. I do really appreciate it. With luck I'm not going to worry about a clutch until next year (I hope). I have read about the spline issues but have wondered what all was involved, if it's another 100-300 or so to insure you don't snap the thing then it's a bargin in my book. This is a great piece of info to keep tucked away until I need it. Thank You!!!!

So we want to see daylight, serious daylight, under the front wheels at the next race. Find someone to snap them !!!

I want to see daylight too LOL! Thanks man.
Old 8/1/08, 08:48 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Thanks Bill.

Man I'd love to see a B-52 flyover. That would be one ominous site. A lone B-52 low over a stadium, with that long thin fuselage and that massive wing spread. Especially on of the latter ones, B-52H in the dark gray paint scheme. ****.

A-10's were OK,

F-15's would probably be fairly loud with afterburners!!!!

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 8/1/08 at 08:51 PM.
Old 8/2/08, 01:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts

That was great. I love those fly overs. Cool Bill.
Old 8/2/08, 02:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
You can hit it all you want driving down the road and nothing will happen if you don't have the brakes on. The switch traps pressure between the solenoid valve and the front brakes. With no pressure, there is nothing to trap.

Sometimes I will have the brakes lightly applied and slowly moving forward when I hit the switch. Then when I floor it, I'm not standing still digging a pit, but instead slowly moving forward painting two dark black lines behind me.
That would be a great video.
Old 8/2/08, 05:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Oh and by the way, Eric Estrada kicks *** and techno sucks.
Hey I heard someone mention Erik Estrada. If you want to meet him come to the Downed Officers Support Ride. It's a great fundraiser I am heavily involved with. FYI it's in Santa Clarita, CA.

www.downedofficers.com (click the flyer pdf)

Erik Estrada is this years Grand Marshall.
Old 8/2/08, 11:38 AM

Quick update...

Spoke with Danny yesterday about my progress.

Apparently the build up of the motor was well under way until he realized they sent him the wrong gasket kit.
I guess it must look pretty **** similar to the 3V 4.6 kit otherwise he would've spotted it right away. Who knows.

Still no word about the flywheel, so not sure what's going on about that.

Good news is he feels confident that the car will be ready for pickup sometime next week.
Old 8/2/08, 12:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yeah what he said.

Apparently the build up of the motor was well under way until he realized they sent him the wrong gasket kit.
I guess it must look pretty **** similar to the 3V 4.6 kit otherwise he would've spotted it right away. Who knows.

Good news is he feels confident that the car will be ready for pickup sometime next week.
Good news Bill. Looks like your headed down the home stretch, cleared for landing......

Line lock install went smooth. Only thing I need to fix is that the switch is crooked as you'll see in the pic. Come to think of it I should've asked them to install the switch on the headlight switch panel. Other than that I'm happy I got them. It's a wierd feeling to be mashing the gas while not holding the brake and have the car stay in place. I did a couple of small burnouts just to test it out (Sorry no vids). The other nice feature is when sitting at a long light you can activate the line locks and you don't have to hold the brake. Just don't forget to turn off or you'll put on a nice show.

So here's the pics. Really impressed with the kit/install as it looks very professional.

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 8/2/08 at 12:55 PM.
Old 8/2/08, 01:41 PM
Cobra Member

Looks great Leo

Now time for a live demonstration
Old 8/2/08, 01:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by superfly s197
Looks great Leo

Now time for a live demonstration
Two weeks from now when you come down to Barona.
Old 8/2/08, 03:07 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
haha, it is a weird feeling isnt it? looks good, there really isnt a great place to put the switch, and have it look stock
Old 8/2/08, 05:03 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Looks good Leo that install is clean...okay who's the next one to install this mod? Habu

On a side note my gauges are finally in at GTR, they have been for two weeks . I just need to paint the gauge pod now. I might paint it all back or all silver then again maybe a combo? I need to do some Photoshop versions to see what I like...

Jed
Old 8/2/08, 05:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Great news Bill you need to do a christening...

Jed

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)