General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 8/21/06, 02:56 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Hey there finally got everything installed, took pics and updated my sig links. Check out my new pics and tell me what you think.
Looks great Leo
Old 8/21/06, 04:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey there finally got everything installed, took pics and updated my sig links. Check out my new pics and tell me what you think.
I think you need a front license plate
Old 8/21/06, 10:14 PM
GTR Member

Wow, post #1000!
Old 8/21/06, 10:39 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Wow, post #1000!
#1050, you post woman of ill repute
Old 8/22/06, 05:20 PM
Bullitt Member

was "woman of ill repute" replaced by the filter?
Old 8/22/06, 05:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by swwake
Just my filter
Old 8/22/06, 08:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Looks great Leo

TKS OKC.
Old 8/22/06, 10:10 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by swwake
We learned from the old filter that "Picture Wh ore" was always changed to "Picture Girl of Ill Repute".
Old 8/22/06, 11:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Wow! Finally got a chance to get to my e-mail and to see what's happening here.

Susan, sorry to hear about you getting popped on the no license plate thing.

Went to a mall in Hilo and saw a classic Mustang, so I had to snap a pic of it. On the Big Island, seeing any Mustang that's not a rental is pretty rare.

Talk to you all soon.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0719_1m.jpg  
Old 8/23/06, 10:12 AM
GTR Member

I think this will be my next mod:

I think this link will work!

A guy I met at the TMS Central Florida meet had them on his car and they went really good with the SilverHorse Racing Panel. He painted the bezels matte black.

Here's a pic of the back of his car:

http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...Anch=imgAnch56
Old 8/23/06, 11:49 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I think this will be my next mod:

I think this link will work!

A guy I met at the TMS Central Florida meet had them on his car and they went really good with the SilverHorse Racing Panel. He painted the bezels matte black.

Here's a pic of the back of his car:

http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...Anch=imgAnch56
Those should look great Tom
Old 8/23/06, 12:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Moss mustang is selling them for 51.95 so you can save yourself a few bucks or offset the shipping atleast
Old 8/23/06, 12:52 PM
GTR Member

Moss mustang is selling them for 51.95 so you can save yourself a few bucks or offset the shipping atleast
Found it! Thanks for the info!
Old 8/23/06, 01:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Np. Here's the direct link for anyone else interested.

http://www.mossmustang.com/Browse/Pl...omponentID=146

I thought about buying those for a while but decided it was kind of pointless on a black car.
Old 8/23/06, 01:19 PM
GTR Member

I finally finished intalling the '83-'85 Dual Snorkal set-up in my '89 Mustang.

Here are the pics with it all cleaned up and installed:

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...ual%20Snorkel/
Old 8/23/06, 01:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I finally finished intalling the '83-'85 Dual Snorkal set-up in my '89 Mustang.

Here are the pics with it all cleaned up and installed:

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...ual%20Snorkel/
That looks AWESOME Tom.
Old 8/23/06, 02:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Lightbulb So I've Been Thinking.....

Well I been fighting with myself lately deciding on what I do and don't want on my stang as far as mods go. So I think I've come to some conclusions. I guess I'll do it in a list format to make less boring to read.

GT/CS front and rear bumpers-As much as I want to I can't bring myself to replace to perfectly good bumpers for the very little appearance difference. Plus I think that ford will have some new styles coming out in the next couple of years ie a boss or mach1. So I think I'll wait for those or untill someone rearends me or damages my front bumper. So that's that.

CDC Classic Chin Spoiler- I like but It's not at 100% in my "like it o meter" (that's now tm so don't try and use it j/k) and I don't want something that I'm not completely happy with on my car. Last but not least I can't decide if I want it in a matte black or black to match my car.

Tailight tint- I kind of like the red taillights it gives some contrast to my car since it's all black. Only way I would consider this is getting it done at a tint shop with a 5% tint at most. Same thing for the turn signal lights and the rear side lamps.

Stripes- Can't decide if to go with a rally stripe or if I should just do the hood like the 70's mach 1. Plus I don't think black looks as cool with stripes like red and blue stangs do.

CDC louvers- I won't buy them untill I see what the visibility is like. They look cool but it's my daily driver and I don't want to sacrifice visibility for coolness.

Pony emblems and gas cap- I'll probably just get the emblems since my cdc ducktail already has a pony I think a pony in the gas gap is unecssary. Then again though I want people to know it's a GT.

MGW Hangers- Who looks at that part of your car in says man those are some crappy looking hangers you should get some new ones? If they do smack them. I can't justify to myself wasting $30 on them and they don't even look that great.

Well that's it anything that you see in my want list that I didn't talk about it's because there's no doubt in my mind that I want it. One last thing I reserve to change my mind about anything I stated here.

Sorry for the novel but I hope it helps or gets some of you to and rationalize about some of your planned mods. I also hope some of you found it entertaining to read.
Old 8/23/06, 02:17 PM
GTR Member

GT/CS front and rear bumpers-As much as I want to I can't bring myself to replace to perfectly good bumpers for the very little appearance difference. Plus I think that ford will have some new styles coming out in the next couple of years ie a boss or mach1. So I think I'll wait for those or untill someone rearends me or damages my front bumper. So that's that.

I agree... not much different, so why bother. I do like the diffuser look in the back, but I don't really like to mess with body parts.

CDC Classic Chin Spoiler- I like but It's not at 100% in my "like it o meter" (that's now tm so don't try and use it j/k) and I don't want something that I'm not completely happy with on my car. Last but not least I can't decide if I want it in a matte black or black to match my car.

This does really change the whole look of the car... for the better. I couldn't decide on matte black to match the shaker or gloss black to match the wing. But, I got a matte black one for a good price, so that helped me decide.

Tailight tint- I kind of like the red taillights it gives some contrast to my car since it's all black. Only way I would consider this is getting it done at a tint shop with a 5% tint at most. Same thing for the turn signal lights and the rear side lamps.

You say 5% "at most". 5% is very dark (limo)... the lower the number the darker. 5% tint allows 5% of the light to pass through. Maybe 20% would look good?

Stripes- Can't decide if to go with a rally stripe or if I should just do the hood like the 70's mach 1. Plus I don't think black looks as cool with stripes like red and blue stangs do.

I think stripes on a black car look good. It's white that's hard to do because the stripes dominate if they are a darker color. That's why I went with something toned down that didn't cover much of the car. Plus it all depends on the person.

CDC louvers- I won't buy them untill I see what the visibility is like. They look cool but it's my daily driver and I don't want to sacrifice visibility for coolness.

Daryl seems to like them, but my buddy at work took them off because of the visibility. Wait, they both have scoops, not louvers. Anyway, I do like the look of the louvers... as long as they are the size of the window.

Pony emblems and gas cap- I'll probably just get the emblems since my cdc ducktail already has a pony I think a pony in the gas gap is unecssary. Then again though I want people to know it's a GT.

Never did like the pony emblems on the side... screams "VEE-SIX"!

MGW Hangers- Who looks at that part of your car in says man those are some crappy looking hangers you should get some new ones? If they do smack them. I can't justify to myself wasting $30 on them and they don't even look that great.

I didn't even know what you were talking about, so I had to go to their website to see. Never noticed my hangers... now I have to go outside to see if I even have any!
Old 8/23/06, 02:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I didn't even know what you were talking about, so I had to go to their website to see. Never noticed my hangers... now I have to go outside to see if I even have any!

You don't have them since you have a vert. I know because I had an 04 vert and it would really tick me off when I'd get something fromt the cleaners.But then I'd put the top down and be happy again. Man I miss my vert.

You say 5% "at most". 5% is very dark (limo)... the lower the number the darker. 5% tint allows 5% of the light to pass through. Maybe 20% would look good?

Tks for the info I never knew it was the other way around when it comes to tint. I think 20% will still be to much for me. I want a very suttle difference. Like if I never point it out no one would notice type of difference.
Old 8/23/06, 03:17 PM
GTR Member

Tks for the info I never knew it was the other way around when it comes to tint. I think 20% will still be to much for me. I want a very suttle difference. Like if I never point it out no one would notice type of difference.

I was wondering about your 50% tint the other day looking at your new links... 50% would be very, very light. Are you sure you don't have 15% or even darker? I'm going to get mine 20% all the way around with the strip across the front also in 20%.

I think you would like 35% on the lights. You could go to Wal-Mart and get a roll for cheap and do it yourself. If it's too dark (just lay it on to check), then you can return it for a lighter tint. That's what Burke0011 did here:

http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...Anch=imgAnch57

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)