The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   General Mustang Chat (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/)
-   -   Ponies on The Run (Again) (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/ponies-run-again-432873/)

TacoBill 8/2/06 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Holy **** !!! I would like to hear those in person, that sounds like a freaking NASCAR car. :-D

They do sound sweeet! :grin:

Only bummer is that I'll have to swap back the factory catted H in 2011, hence the need for all that anti-seize. See, I'm thinking ahead! :idea:

Yeap that time of year again isn't it? Sure hope HE decides to miss you.

I just noticed, same name as my son. Hehehe! If the storm is like him, be prepared to get choked out!

89Trooper 8/2/06 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Only bummer is that I'll have to swap back the factory catted H in 2011, hence the need for all that anti-seize. See, I'm thinking ahead! :idea: I just noticed, same name as my son. Hehehe! If the storm is like him, be prepared to get choked out!

You only have to change back for the emission test. Then put the Pypes back on! Seems easy enough to do the swap.

2 years ago the "C" storm was Charley and it took off our roof. The "3-tab" shingles were 12 years old, though. Now we have new "architectural shingles" rated for over 130 MPH (they have no tabs for the wind to get under).

By the way, if you put that link for the map in your favorites (http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...055.shtml?5day), it will update automatically every 6 hours to give the latest position.

TacoBill 8/2/06 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
You only have to change back for the emission test. Then put the Pypes back on! Seems easy enough to do the swap.

For sure!

After 5 years with the O/R H, the stock H will sound almost mute. :jester:

OKCMustangGT 8/2/06 10:59 AM

After 5 years with the O/R H

LOL You might actually have changed the oil for the first time by then Bill :-D

TacoBill 8/2/06 11:09 AM

LOL You might actually have changed the oil for the first time by then Bill

Oh it'll come up much sooner than that! :jester:

In fact, I just clocked the 345 mile mark! 155 more to the first oil change.

I'll want to have some fresh Mobil 1 in there if I do take it in for a dyno run.

How many oil changes have you guys been through now?

89Trooper 8/2/06 11:15 AM

Just one... at 1000 miles (actually at 1089).

Next is at (or right around) 6000 miles.

OKCMustangGT 8/2/06 11:16 AM

Oh it'll come up much sooner than that! :jester:

In fact, I just clocked the 345 mile mark! 155 more to the first oil change.

I'll want to have some fresh Mobil 1 in there if I do take it in for a dyno run.

Tomorrow will be my 3rd. 2nd fill up with Mobil1. I was going to change it myself, BUT I have to take it in for the Hesitation tomorrow am (they finally got the part). They are going to do the following;
Replace Fuel Pump TSB 06-9-9
Rotate Tires
Change Oil (My Oil & Filter, Their Time = $10. Bargain in my book)
5k Maintenance Inspection (Almost 6k on my baby)
Fix Rattling Trunk Latch Cover

I had my Shaker 500 weird out his morning so I will ask about that too. I am posting a thread to see if anyone else has had the same problem.

TacoBill 8/2/06 11:24 AM

Tom, I thought you changed your oil out at 500 miles? :wonder:

...I have to take it in for the Hesitation tomorrow am (they finally got the part)...

Man, I hope they do you right this time. Or else! :bat:

What happened to your Shaker 500?

OKCMustangGT 8/2/06 11:27 AM

Tom, I thought you changed your oil out at 500 miles? :wonder:

Man, I hope they do you right this time. Or else! :bat:

What happened to your Shaker 500?

Yea me too. I think they will. I think they just went through the Normal FORD said so BS before they could change it out.

HERE is the thread on my SHAKER 500 HU

TacoBill 8/2/06 11:34 AM

HERE is the thread on my SHAKER 500 HU

That's weird. Wonder if there's a 'reset all' button somewhere like my Alpine has.

OKCMustangGT 8/2/06 11:42 AM

That's weird. Wonder if there's a 'reset all' button somewhere like my Alpine has.

Did you see what the guy posted right below mine ?

89Trooper 8/2/06 12:10 PM

Did you see what the guy posted right below mine ?

Maybe I better go and see if mine spits out all the CDs, too!

Tom, I thought you changed your oil out at 500 miles?

I don't think so... if I did, 5500 miles won't hurt! Pretty sure it was 1000, though. I'll check later... I wrote it down in my log book.

OKCMustangGT 8/2/06 06:35 PM

Opinion Time !!
I am thinking about putting this up on eBay. I removed it from my Stratus before I sold it. I have no need for it now, but it is an excellent HU.
What do you think I should ask for it? or at least set a reserve for ? It was $500 brand new if I remember.
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...neCDA-9815.jpg

Close-ups of the stuff that comes with it is HERE

Also UPS brought me the 1st installment to my next Mod today.
This will be a gradual modification and will probably take me a few months to complete the way I want it. But these are a nice start.
PIC 1
PIC 2

TacoBill 8/2/06 06:47 PM

Well, I'd probably set a 'But It Now' for around $250. Gotta figure losing half of what you paid.
I usually start my auctions at $0.99 with no reserve and advertise it as such. Sold my iPod and other stuff this way with a pretty good return.
Tom is Mr. Ebay, maybe he'll chime in with is opinion.

I see you're skipping over your 'Near Future Mods' and headed straight into your 'Possible' list! Shame on you! :bonk:

OKCMustangGT 8/2/06 06:51 PM

WelI see you're skipping over your 'Near Future Mods' and headed straight into your 'Possible' list! Shame on you! :bonk:

Yea I am as bad as a woman about changing my mind. Got these at an incredible price (or at least I think so) so I couldn't turn them down. $89.50 delivered. $149.00 everywhere else. I am replacing the rears with these if not tomorrow then Sunday.

89Trooper 8/2/06 07:59 PM

I usually start every auction at $1.00 ($0.99 always seemed too much like a store to me). I never set a reserve and usually I don't use the Buy it Now feature. Just make the auction nice and colorful, steal pics from the manufacturer, link to their site, etc.

Here's the example for my plenum cover. I usually get close to 80% back what I paid for new.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMESO%3AIT

I have some more starting tomorrow: Xenon Window Scoops, Xenon Front Bumper Cover, Flowmaster Mufflers (all Mike's). He likes to try stuff out then sell it (he'll tell you so himself when he reads this!).

TacoBill 8/3/06 02:13 PM

I'm planning on shooting some more in-car and outside videos today.

The ones I shot a couple days ago didn't sound too good.

Hope these turn out better.

OKCMustangGT 8/3/06 03:32 PM

Well over 2 hours later and I am a little more calm, so I will post my dealership experience. Why, why, why do I have so much trouble with the **** dealerships. Not only the FORD but EVERY Dealership Service Center I have ever entered.
I will start with what was to be done today and then the GOOD news (very brief) and the BAD news.
Replace the Fuel Pump TSB 06-9-9
5k Multi-Point Inspection
Rotate Tires
Oil Change (My Mobil1 Oil & Filter)
Fix the rattling Trunk Latch Cover

I dropped the car off this morning at 7:15 am.
Got a call that it was done around 1:30 pm or so. Didn't think that was too bad considering all that was to be done.
So I pay my bill $26 (I can live with that) and I drive back to work. (GOOD NEWS)
The car seems to be much more responsive, a little more life, but that could just be a mental thing. (GOOD NEWS and the end of it)
Service tech BROKE my trunk latch cover while he was trying to FIX it, so now they have to order a new one.
So I drive back to work and as I am walking by the car toward my office building I see what looks like a BIG *** Scratch. I was WTF !! So I get closer and realize it is just a smudge, but a smudge of what. I look and to my horror there is a trail of OIL down the side of my car from the hood to the front fender. !! :eek: I am like WTF. Really pissed at this point. I run in and get a wet and a dry cotton towel from work and proceed to wipe the oil off. **** glad I had the layers of Zaino, the oil was just beading up like water. So I realize I didn't do a walk around before I left the dealership so I do a once over. I have greasy/oily hand prints on my driver side door, door handle and even the **** trunk. Even more pissed now. I decide to look the wheels over since they rotated the tires, guess what ?
You guessed greasy/oily black smudged hand prints all over the wheels AND you can see two parallel indentations on EACH wheel where they used a tool to PRY the center caps off. !!!!!!!!!
WOW, I call the service adviser and tell her exactly how pissed off I am.
Needless to say I have a meeting with the Service Manager tomorrow.
I am not looking for anything but D A M N it that is just beyond absolute BullSh*T.
Hmmm any thoughts opinions for tomorrow.

89Trooper 8/3/06 04:00 PM

Hmmm any thoughts opinions for tomorrow.

I know exactly how you feel. :banghead:

Was the oil trail from anything (loose cap/drain plug), or just from them being sloppy? I wouldn't let them change the oil again even for 1 dollar. I think I said before that I got 4 free oil changes when I bought my car and I will never use them. Then you know you put all 6 quarts in, lubed the filter gasket properly, torqued the drain plug properly, etc. I mean, did they even use your Mobil 1? :dunno: These are the things I think about.

I wish I would have thought about the center caps before your story. I would have told you to take them off carefully yourself for the day so they wouldn't have to pry on the rim itself to pop them off. On those rims, I put a piece of folded up masking tape between the screwdriver and the rim... and no marks.

If the rims look bad, I would tell them to get the marks buffed out or you want new rims... then watch his draw drop. Those marks are totally unacceptable.

The other smudges suck, but will come out... but I'd be pissed about the rims. I'm pissed off enough for you! :shame:

They make money by the job, so they don't take their time. I dread taking stuff to the dealer because I go in for 1 problem, and leave with 3 new ones.

OKCMustangGT 8/3/06 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I know exactly how you feel. :banghead:

Was the oil trail from anything (loose cap/drain plug), or just from them being sloppy? I wouldn't let them change the oil again even for 1 dollar. I think I said before that I got 4 free oil changes when I bought my car and I will never use them. Then you know you put all 6 quarts in, lubed the filter gasket properly, torqued the drain plug properly, etc. I mean, did they even use your Mobil 1? :dunno: These are the things I think about.

I wish I would have thought about the center caps before your story. I would have told you to take them off carefully yourself for the day so they wouldn't have to pry on the rim itself to pop them off. On those rims, I put a piece of folded up masking tape between the screwdriver and the rim... and no marks.

If the rims look bad, I would tell them to get the marks buffed out or you want new rims... then watch his draw drop. Those marks are totally unacceptable.

The other smudges suck, but will come out... but I'd be pissed about the rims. I'm pissed off enough for you! :shame:

They make money by the job, so they don't take their time. I dread taking stuff to the dealer because I go in for 1 problem, and leave with 3 new ones.

The oil looks like they just were not careful removing the funnel and it dripped down the side of the car, somehow unnoticeable to them.
The rims are not bad, but I was pissed at the time and was looking for anything. I will still point them out and recommend they remove them in a more friendly manner.
The smudges were just sloppy, unprofessional messes left by an inconsiderate mechanic. That still pisses me off. I also found a large black smudge on my stripes on the rear valance. If it stains, they will be replacing it.
As far as replacing my oil & filter with the Mobil1 I provided, I guess I can never tell, but I know I would have to kill someone if they didn't.