The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   General Mustang Chat (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/)
-   -   Ponies on The Run (Again) (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/ponies-run-again-432873/)

TacoBill 8/4/06 09:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
:eek: you have an H Pipe ? :rofl:

Why, as a matter of fact, yes I do! It used to be clogged up, but now it's free flowing!

I must add... it's for off road use only.

edit: yay! 1st on 100, do I get anything?

89Trooper 8/5/06 08:32 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Despite what you want to believe, my trunk looks just like Susan's. Looks normal in the first pic, but then you can see the metal divider... no sticking my feet through there!

Attachment 6462 Attachment 6463

Hence the location of my rear speakers:

Attachment 6464

TacoBill 8/5/06 09:18 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Well, I guess if Tom's showing his trunk, I'll expose mine. :eek:
It looks like mine is about a foot deeper than Tom and Susan's.

Daryl- Also had some pics of the factory rear deck speaker and of that plastic shroud that covers the trunk latch (is this the piece that they broke?).

The factory speaker does look weak. And, dare I say? <Made in China?> :wtf:

89Trooper 8/5/06 02:24 PM

I was sitting at a red light about to make a right hand turn and a guy making a left hand turn from across the street lost control of his car, slid through the intersection (probably trying to beat the turn arrow), and clipped my front end. Smashed in my fender and bumper and knocked the alignment all out of whack.

TacoBill 8/5/06 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I was sitting at a red light about to make a right hand turn and a guy making a left hand turn from across the street lost control of his car, slid through the intersection (probably trying to beat the turn arrow), and clipped my front end. Smashed in my fender and bumper and knocked the alignment all out of whack.

WTF???!!! Please tell me you're kidding. And if you are serious, that it wasn't in the 06.

89Trooper 8/5/06 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by TacoBill
WTF???!!! Please tell me you're kidding. And if you are serious, that it wasn't in the 06.

I wouldn't kid about something like that... but I may have omitted the fact that I was in my Ranger. I drove it to work after the accident... looks like the toe is out because it goes perfectly straight, but the steering wheel looks like I'm turning left all the time.

My wife was behind me and she heard the car screeching around the corner. She direct-connected me and asked if that guy hit me. She couldn't tell because the truck barely moved.

You should see the other car! The whole side is damaged from right behind the front tire all the way back to the rear bumper. Basically, he drifted all the way around the corner into the truck and it took out his whole right side.

OKCMustangGT 8/5/06 09:59 PM

Daryl- Also had some pics of the factory rear deck speaker and of that plastic shroud that covers the trunk latch (is this the piece that they broke?).

Yes that is the piece they broke.
Grab one end of it and shake it, see if it moves 1/2" or more. That is why I wanted mine fixed.

Whehhh !! Glad you are ok and glad it wasn't the Stang. Guy needs a beating. :bat:

89Trooper 8/5/06 10:14 PM

Grab one end of it and shake it, see if it moves 1/2" or more.

Moves 1/2" which way?

It was strange... I didn't even care when he hit me... I don't even care now (as long as his insurance doesn't try to **** with my insurance). All I thought after he ricocheted off the truck was, "I'm glad I didn't drive the Mustang today... either one!". It was a kid with a learner's permit that hit me. I'm sure he's in trouble because he was driving by himself. Maybe he just saw The Fast and the Furious 3: Tokyo Drift.

Know why I didn't drive the '06? We were going to the movies and I didn't want to park it in the movie parking lot.

TacoBill 8/5/06 11:00 PM

... Know why I didn't drive the '06? We were going to the movies and I didn't want to park it in the movie parking lot.

Good judgment on your part! :grin: My buddy got his first door ding in his new Maxima at a movie parking lot!

Sorry about the Ranger though...

I too saw a movie today, 'Ant Bully'. Chris wanted to see it, I liked it too. :popcorn:

BTW- I took an hour drive around the coast in attempt to burn up that 87 in my tank. I'm down to a little less than a 1/4 tank now. I'm planning another cruise tomorrow. I want, I mean 'NEED' than 91! :metal:

89Trooper 8/5/06 11:51 PM

I showed you guys the new air cleaner set-up I was getting for my '89. Now I'm interested in this:

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2...vate/index.php

Could you imagine having THAT back in the 70's and early 80's?

TacoBill 8/6/06 12:06 AM

I showed you guys the new air cleaner set-up I was getting for my '89. Now I'm interested in this:

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2...vate/index.php

Could you imagine having THAT back in the 70's and early 80's?

That looks pretty cool (and expensive!).

They sure have gone a long way from the old school guesswork to the SCT2 tuner!

Can't wait for my SCT! When I first got the GT, I remember saying that I want to keep the tune stock... now look at me! :-D

89Trooper 8/6/06 07:19 AM

That looks pretty cool (and expensive!).

Can't wait for my SCT! When I first got the GT, I remember saying that I want to keep the tune stock... now look at me! :-D

It's cheaper than our tuners... about $349.

We all said a lot of things!

OKCMustangGT 8/6/06 08:22 AM

Moves 1/2" which way?.

Front to back.

Last movie I saw was
Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest

I drove the Stang (have to :( ) but no incidents, we went to matinée so not many people and I always park where only ONE other car can park beside me. Narrows the percentage any way :-D

TacoBill 8/6/06 09:28 AM

Last movie I saw was Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest

... we went to matinée...

Huh? 'we'?

Daryl went on a date... :wub:

89Trooper 8/6/06 09:41 AM

Huh? 'we'?

Daryl went on a date... :wub:

I think he took his son... we would have heard about a date!

89Trooper 8/6/06 09:47 AM

Front to back.

I checked mine... it's not the tightest thing in the world (uh oh :rolleyes:) but it doesn't move front to back or even side to side that much.

TacoBill 8/6/06 09:57 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Well, the plan is to take the Stang on a cruise to Marina Del Rey this afternoon (me & the wifie). Should be a nice day.

My only concern is that if we stop somewhere (to eat or walk) is that I'll have to leave her unattended in a parking lot! :banghead:

Maybe I should pack along my carcover w/door ding protector. :idea:

No big for you, Tom, but I'll try and take some pics of the ocean for Daryl.

Here's where we're headed...

89Trooper 8/6/06 09:58 AM

I'm sure we'll see some pics with some nice backgrounds?

Somebody might steal that expensive door protector if you take it along!

My wife and daughter went to the beach this morning... I couldn't go because I have to work. :bad:

TacoBill 8/6/06 10:10 AM

I'm sure we'll see some pics with some nice backgrounds?

I'll try, but I doubt I'll be able to find some nice ocean backdrops. On my coastline cruise yesterday, all the turnouts weren't angled right or had trash cans that would've been in the pics.

Somebody might steal that expensive door protector if you take it along!

I'll (carefully) put it underneath the cover! :grin:
Of course I'll try and park at the end, so I'll only have one choice as to which side I'll place it.

My wife and daughter went to the beach this morning... I couldn't go because I have to work.

Did you let them take the vert? :jester:

89Trooper 8/6/06 10:11 AM

yay! 1st on 100, do I get anything?

The same thing I got for being post #1000... and now #2000... absolutely nothing.