The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   General Mustang Chat (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/)
-   -   Ponies on The Run (Again) (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/ponies-run-again-432873/)

TacoBill 5/13/06 09:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
This weekend is almost over!

Here ya go!

Hope your dimensions are the same. I failed to measure the thickness, but it feels like the same as the other pedals).

* Measured with 6" Machinest Scale (eyeballed all dimensions to the best of my ability :confused: )

89Trooper 5/13/06 09:43 PM

Bummer... mine's the same. I was hoping mine was like 5" across the top so I could send it back to get a thinner one, but no such luck.

How your's does NOT touch the kick panel is beyond me. Mine is 1/4" under the kick panel now and goes to the right edge just like yours.

TacoBill 5/14/06 09:10 AM

Oil Filters

What kind of oil filters are you guys using?

They type of oil is a no brainer (Mobil 1), but unsure about the filter I want to go with.

I have a new FRPP filter in a box ready to go (see link in my sig), but wondering if there's something better.

89Trooper 5/14/06 10:25 AM

I use the standard Motorcraft oil filter (FL820). After 5000 miles, I'll cut it open and see what it looks like inside. I'm sure it will be fine. I have used those filters on every Ford I have owned. Would never buy a Fram.

OKCMustangGT 5/14/06 02:11 PM

I think you guys have mentioned this before, but what do you use on the interior parts that are neither leather or vinyl? The dash, the IUP parts, console, door skins, etc?

To clean and protect them, I should mention :)

swwake 5/14/06 02:45 PM

Holy cow! What the heck happened? I have not been receiving topic reply notifications. I've been so busy with work - in Chicago last week at a conference, etc. I need to catch up on what's been happening with y'all and I guess reset my avatar and signature. Baby steps...

swwake 5/14/06 02:59 PM

I can't figure out how to add my album link in the signature. Please help me.

I got pulled over yesterday for not having my front plate. I explained why and the guy let me go with a verbal warning. :)

OKCMustangGT 5/14/06 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by swwake
Holy cow! What the heck happened?

Upgraded to vBulletin. Hopefully will fix all the crashes. So far so good no downtime in a week. :)

Well crew here is what I have been doing this weekend :)
ZAINO COAT #3 (didn't even use Z-6 Yet)
REFLECTION

I guess I am biased but **** that car looks good :hail:

TacoBill 5/14/06 05:10 PM

I can't figure out how to add my album link in the signature. Please help me.

I got pulled over yesterday for not having my front plate. I explained why and the guy let me go with a verbal warning. :)

Susan's back! :wave2:

Looks like your album link is working fine.

Looks like you lucked out on the front plate. Did you just explain to the officer that it just doesn't look good with the plate in the front or that you didn't want to drill any holes into your new bumper?

TacoBill 5/14/06 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
I think you guys have mentioned this before, but what do you use on the interior parts that are neither leather or vinyl? The dash, the IUP parts, console, door skins, etc?

To clean and protect them, I should mention :)

I use the Z-16 on just about everything inside; door panels, dash (not the IUP, yet), armrest area, rear quarter panels, back of seats (all except for leather), etc. Has UV40 protection.
Also use on tires and anything 'black', hoses and plastic included, in the engine bay.

BTW- Excellent job on the 3rd coat of Z-2. I always use the Z-6 inbetween coats and for 'touch-up' of the entire car when I feel like it. When I run out of the Z-6, I may go for the Z-8, The Grand Finale spray.. Ahhh! :nice:

TacoBill 5/14/06 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I use the standard Motorcraft oil filter (FL820)...

I'm sure my FRPP filter will be fine, but I'm curious how the Mobil 1 or the K&N filters are; waste of money?

TacoBill 5/14/06 05:46 PM

Steeda Ultralite springs, 2 1/2 months later..

I took some measurements from the ground to the center of the wheel well fender, centered to the wheel center cap.

DRIVER SIDE
Front: 28"
Rear: 28.5"

PASSENGER SIDE
Front: 28"
Rear: 28.5"

Per Tom's suggestion, I also did the 'finger test'" in the rear only (behave Daryl :jester: ).

DRIVER SIDE
4 fingers, tight

PASSENGER SIDE
4 fingers, loose

Conclusion, even though both sides (rear) measure 28.5" to the ground, I may have a slight tire pressure difference accounting for the difference in the finger method.

Oh well, I may be splitting hairs here!

Bottom line, it looks great to me! :grin:

OKCMustangGT 5/14/06 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by TacoBill
I use the Z-16 on just about everything inside; door panels, dash (not the IUP, yet), armrest area, rear quarter panels, back of seats (all except for leather), etc. Has UV40 protection.
Also use on tires and anything 'black', hoses and plastic included, in the engine bay.

I did the engine bay today as well and can you believe I forgot to take pictures :eek:
I also did the Leather Cleaner and Leather in a Bottle treatment. Just wasn't for sure what to use on the rest of the interior. I guess that will be tomorrow after works, chore along with pics and under hood pics.
What about the mirrors, weatherstripping, and the hard plastic piece above the door (name fails me on that one)
Still use Z-16?
And I forgot to welcome Susan back :( I feel ashamed

I use Mobil1 oil therefore I use Mobil1 Filter. :rofl:

OKCMustangGT 5/14/06 06:00 PM

Per Tom's suggestion, I also did the 'finger test'" in the rear only

Don't you usually go to a Dr. for that sort of thing ?? :jaw:

89Trooper 5/14/06 06:10 PM

Yes, Susan, welcome back! We've been wondering about you!

As fas as the "finger test" goes, it's a quick way to see if your car is level from side to side (as most Mustangs are lower on the driver's side). My '89 was this way, the '03 was this way from the factory, and the '06 was this way from the factory, too.

The amount varies from car to car. I've seen some with up to .5" difference (mine is closer to 1/8" difference). Bill's varied more before he lowered it, so I'm hoping after I lower it this week that mine will be closer, too.

Yes, Bill, your FRPP filter will be fine. But I meant for next time, the standard Wal-Mart Motorcraft FL820 filter is good enough.

swwake 5/14/06 06:13 PM

Looks like you lucked out on the front plate. Did you just explain to the officer that it just doesn't look good with the plate in the front or that you didn't want to drill any holes into your new bumper?

I told him we're trying to figure out how to attach a bracket so we don't have to drill into the front bumper. He understood. It helped that he was obviously a young rookie in training, since he was with another officer in her car. (In Round Rock, the officer's name is on the side of the car.) So either it was just practice for him, or he truly understands. Oh well.

swwake 5/14/06 06:15 PM

Sorry - I know this is off topic - but I had to show off for a minute. Let's see if this works. Check out my girl headed to her first formal Friday night:
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...l/7d9a7789.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...l/0807f336.jpg

OKCMustangGT 5/14/06 07:08 PM

Sorry - I know this is off topic - but I had to show off for a minute. Let's see if this works. Check out my girl headed to her first formal Friday night:

As I said earlier, she is beautiful. Tighten that leash yet ? :)

TacoBill 5/14/06 09:48 PM

...Check out my girl headed to her first formal Friday night...

:wub:
Uh Oh!... She's gonna break alot of hearts when she gets older (& be asking you for the keys to the vert!).

TacoBill 5/14/06 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
I did the engine bay today as well and can you believe I forgot to take pictures :eek:
I also did the Leather Cleaner and Leather in a Bottle treatment. Just wasn't for sure what to use on the rest of the interior. I guess that will be tomorrow after works, chore along with pics and under hood pics.
What about the mirrors, weatherstripping, and the hard plastic piece above the door (name fails me on that one)
Still use Z-16?

Yeah, let's see some pics of that engine bay! :photo:

Looks like Z-16 fits the bill for those items.
(Z-16 info off their site: Use on all exterior rubber, tires, moldings, plastic trim, weatherstripping, underhood hoses and more.)

On my next order to Zaino, I'll get the Leather in a Bottle (and some other stuff).