General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Outstanding Ford Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 3/1/05, 09:04 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've thought of starting a thread like this several times but always got sidetracked. I think it's a great idea to give kudo's to those good dealers that are out there since there seem to be so many bad ones.

I had a great experince at Gene Messer Ford in Lubbock, TX. Bill Varner was my salesman and he was a great guy. I got my GT under sticker and when it didn't arrive when they said it would they called the Main offices, shipping companies, etc. till they found my car. Turned out it was on the way and I got it that evening.

When I buy another car I will probably go there because it was the most hassle free buying experince I've ever had.
Old 3/2/05, 08:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My dealer wasn't sure about the x plan so when I signed the deal, I signed at no worse than msrp (that was way back in May of 2004). Not too long after that, they told me that they would do the x plan and that obviously saved me a bunch of money. Rick, Rick and Darryl were great to work with and it was truly a good transaction. I must admit it would have been interesting had I not had all of the info from this site and others. Having the knowledge beforehand really makes a difference. I still stop over at the dealership since it's only a few miles from my house just to BS with those guys. The dealer is PARK FORD in Tallmadge, OHIO (previously Mark Ford). From what I hear, it's nothing like Mark Ford was. Definitely A+++.
Old 3/2/05, 09:12 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by harleybill@March 2, 2005, 11:57 AM
My dealer wasn't sure about the x plan so when I signed the deal, I signed at no worse than msrp (that was way back in May of 2004). Not too long after that, they told me that they would do the x plan and that obviously saved me a bunch of money. Rick, Rick and Darryl were great to work with and it was truly a good transaction. I must admit it would have been interesting had I not had all of the info from this site and others. Having the knowledge beforehand really makes a difference. I still stop over at the dealership since it's only a few miles from my house just to BS with those guys. The dealer is PARK FORD in Tallmadge, OHIO (previously Mark Ford). From what I hear, it's nothing like Mark Ford was. Definitely A+++.
Do you have a last name for the salesman, I ordered a GT deluxe from Legacy in Brunswick via Z-plan on the 19th of Feb. and still no DORA or paperwork other the than the VOC. I think I'm being yanked around a little. Plus they wanted $2K upfront to place it, though they put in writing I could have it back when the car was delivered. Does this sound right? Maybe they don't want to sell mine for $23,234.86 + tax. Which I know is a steal! Sticker is $26,265+tax. Should I try to get my deposit back and head down to Park?
Old 3/2/05, 10:07 AM

On 2/11/05, I bought my GT, at Norris Ford, in Easton, MD.
It was the only dealership, within 150 miles, where I could find an in-stock GT, at X-Plan price ( $30 over invoice on my car ).
The sales mgr, Jay Fox, and sales rep, Nicole Frigon, were very nice and didn't play any games. I rate them - A+.
Old 3/2/05, 10:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Is there anyone from the West Coast on here??? Specifically Washington & Oregon! I've been having issues with virtually every dealership I've spoken too.

Old 3/2/05, 11:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered from North County Ford in Vista, CA in Dec (AAA discount). Good salesman but still C/U. Regular salesman Brian was pretty good. Went to Mossy Ford in Mission Bay and almost bought a Silver GT. David C. was the salesman. Pretty cool set up, you only talk to one person the whole time. No back and forth from sales to finance. No mark ups either. Went back last night and Teri (found from this site) changed a car they had on order to what I wanted. Hopefully will be here in 2-4 weeks. She really knew quite abit about the 05. That made all the difference. A really straight forward operation.

Old 3/2/05, 11:02 AM
Bullitt Member

My involvement with Harold Zeigler Ford in Elkhart, Indiana goes back to when the Mustangs first came out. They were the first dealership in the area (about 40 sq miles) to get the new cars in and they allowed test drives. I didn't even have to ask. The salesman suggested it. That, as well as the conduct of the sales force was a stark contrast from all the other Ford dealerships I visited in the area.

I ordered my car on X-plan a couple of weeks ago. Jeff, the Sales Manager and Joel, the Manager have proven themselves to be pleasureable to work with. They have a larger allocation than the other area dealerships so I would recommend anyone considering a Mustang to go and see them. I look forward to a continued positive relationship with Harold Zeigler.
Old 3/17/05, 12:37 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,866 Likes on 2,112 Posts
Time to KICKSTART this forum! Any more Positive Dealer experiences out there!

kc
Old 3/17/05, 12:40 PM
GT Member

I had a great experience with my salesman Dean Byard at Crown Ford in Nashville. I got my car for sticker and the experience with everyone at the dealer has been positive
I'm taking it in for an oil change on saturday and then to have them look at the clunking noise from the front end on monday morning. so hopefully that won't change when I deal with the service department
Old 3/17/05, 12:56 PM
V6 Member

I have had a geat experience so far with Jeff "Orson" Wells of Mullinax Ford in Amherst, Ohio (about 20 miles west of Cleveland). He's a no BS guy and has been upfront and honest with me from the get-go! Anyone in the Cleveland area still getting the run around from their dealer needs to give him a call. Direct # is 440-984-2431 or 1-800-GET-FORD. My Dad, my brother and myself have bought almost 20 cars in the last 10 years or so from these guys and they always come through for us. The only reason I tried the other dealership (read my sig.) is because it is down the street. What a mistake!
Old 3/17/05, 01:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Gulf Breeze Ford in the Florida Panhandle. It is only one of five dealers within 50 miles that would accept X-plan. The car took four months to build and deliver, but none of that was the dealership's fault. They were very professional and honest. PM me and I'll give you a full rundown and who I dealt with!
Old 3/17/05, 02:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

My salesman (Roger S.) was on top of the ball! Always! The Service Dept ( Susan, Boyd, Joan, and Jimmy) are simply outstanding!! In today's world of the bottom line these Ladies and Gentlemen know how to take care of their customers! (and there cars) True professionals. This team of pros work at "Mike Shad Ford At The Avenues" in Jacksonville Florida. So, if you are in town, and you even think your pony has a problem, these are the people to see. They will take care of you. :yes:
Old 3/17/05, 03:00 PM
V6 Member

For the Birmingham, Alabama area, Valley Ford/Mercury in Oneonta is worth checking out. See Jim Sumpter or Jimmy Buckner. Phone number: 800-239-FORD
Old 3/17/05, 03:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Keast Ford in Harlan Iowa

I called them about my order yesterday telling them I'm thinking about passing on the 05 for a new F-150. I was only kidding but they were a little dissapointed...

"You can't do that, not after we burned our convertible allocation to get your car....."

You have to love a dealer that will do that.
Old 3/17/05, 03:16 PM
Bullitt Member

The Ford Store of Morgan Hill; California

I had nothing but good experiences from these guys. Everything they said they'd do they did. When I ordered my car they told me 8-10 weeks. It was delivered 10 weeks to the day. Since I've got it they've contacted me 3 times asking if all was well and if not to bring it in and whatever the problem is they will take care of it ASAP. So far........no problems.

You want great service....go see these guys.
Old 3/17/05, 03:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

I ordered mine for Victor Ford in Wauconda, IL http://www.victorford.com
They are actually referred to as Victor Motorsports since they do performance upgraded as well. They also sell Saleen.
I haven't received mine yet, but they tell me next week, which makes it a 6 week turn around from order to delivery.

Everyone at the dealership has been super helpfull and friendly, very nice sales staff. When you walk in the door someone greets you and asks to help you. They are not the salesman, and are very helpfull getting a salesmen or whomever you may need for assistance.
My salesman was great in assisting me, no hasles. Only thing is I paid MSRP, he told me thats all Victor was selling them for, also told me they never sell for above MSRP, which I told him another dealer tried with me. When I called for my first status update he had to go have his sales manager look it up. I told him I would wait and next thing the sales manager picked up and said he knew I said I could wait, but didn't want to keep me waiting. So I chatted with him a little while he was looking up my order.
So far nothing but friendly straight forward service from Victor for me. Hopefully it continues once I get my car and any future service visits I may make (hopefully none with the new 05)

Hopefully I will have an enthusiastic salesman calling me next week telling me I can come pick up my car
Old 3/17/05, 07:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Good idea to get something positive. I can throw mine into the hat, because I think I did good for myself for NOT having one of the plans when I walked into this deal.

I dealt with Edward Grabowski over at Tom Jones Ford in Buckeye, Arizona. Being outside of the Phoenix city limits also dropped the city part of the sales tax, which dropped my total paid by a nice $530 ish dollars. I had already gotten an agreement at Pioneer Ford to get 1000 over invoice for a '05, but had switched thanks to the fact that I was going to save 530 bucks and because Ed is ex-military, I am still in.

Ed was a straight shooter with me from day 1, and I got the car in exactly 2 months from when it was ordered (Oct 14 to Dec 14). He knew how I felt about the car, and made sure to hide it after it showed up, so no one to see the new Stang and want a test drive in it. I took it over with 11 miles on it. I had also gotten in on the American Quarter Horse deal (pay 30 for a year membership, save 500 off the car, can't beat that). So add in the 530 saved from taxes and the 470 from the AQHA discount, and it would have been the same as getting it from Pioneer, or any of the in city dealerships for 470 over invoice.

Being able to do that and have one of the very few new Stangs for awhile AND get a good deal for the car and I give a hearty to Tom Jones Ford, Buckeye, Arizona.
Old 3/17/05, 07:23 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you are in the Sarnia, Ontario area, check out Lambton Ford. Sales guys are great to deal with and they have an amazing service department. I'm not even being paid to say stuff like this.
Old 3/17/05, 08:26 PM

Originally posted by kcrw898+March 1, 2005, 9:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kcrw898 @ March 1, 2005, 9:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-TKEUofM@March 1, 2005, 9:36 AM
I went to Gorno Bros. Ford in Woodhaven, MI.

Outstanding sales and service.

I had a small service problem about 3 weeks after I got my car, all it took was one phone call and they had me in there that day. The tech came right up and got the car from me, fixed it, and it was out within a 1/2 hour.

I bought my 02 GT from Village Ford in Dearborn, MI. They were very good also.

Well in Dearborn, they have to be good.
[/b][/quote]
Old 3/17/05, 08:27 PM

Originally posted by Stadifer@March 2, 2005, 8:42 AM
Is there anyone from the West Coast on here??? Specifically Washington & Oregon! I've been having issues with virtually every dealership I've spoken too.

Yeah... bein in the SE Alaska region myself, Im kinda interested in hearing from anyone in the pacific northwest. My local dealer (Evergreen Ford in Juneau, Alaska) has been "nice" up to this point, but not what what I would call communicative.

Anyone from the Pacific Northwest have any good experiences?

Quick Reply: Outstanding Ford Dealers