General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Outstanding Ford Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 3/27/05, 08:27 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a great experience at Shultz Ford in Nanuet, NY. He was the only dealer willing to take me seriously as i am 22 years old. They didnt laugh at me and even let me test drive one on the lot. They accepted X-Plan with no problem and with my not so good credit, got me financing and everything. the entire deal went so smoothly i would definately get a car from them again. the other dealerin the area, David Ford treated me as a 13 year old kid who wasnt serious until i was walking out and flashed my $500 deposit then they tried to sit me down.
Old 3/27/05, 08:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Fred Beans Ford, West Chester Pa, ordered 11/16/04 - Received 2/18/05, no $ over invoice and no mark-up!!! Friendly staff and great atmosphere!!

Matt
Old 4/24/05, 10:04 AM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,190 Likes on 2,337 Posts
Anymore?
Old 4/24/05, 10:27 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Moss Ford, in St,Albans, WV one best Ford dealership Tri-state area when a 05 Mustangs
comes in they sale them in two days I got mine $500 under invoice.
Old 4/24/05, 11:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Mike Patton Ford in Opelika, Alabama. Butch Adkins, salesman, and Mac MacDonald, Finance Manager.
Both were excellent to deal with. I'd already spotted this car on the dealership site, and we had seen it on the lot soon after that, after hours. So, a couple of weeks later, we walked in, told Butch that if they were right on the price and took the X-Plan, we could be driving that car off the lot that night. They said, OK. We got the car for about $30 over invoice, no hassles!
I would recommend this dealership to anyone. They even let us test drive the car without anyone from the dealership with us!
Old 4/24/05, 03:00 PM

My transaction isn't over yet, so ..... But I have been very pleased with Lighthouse Ford and Jimmie Nunes in Falmouth MA. They were very straight on the negotiation and gave me what I believe to have been the truth as to their allocation status. I'm not eligible for any plan, but I bought it for less than sticker. Jimmie has kept me up to date on status since I ordered and genuinely sounds pleased to hear from me when I call him between his calls to me. My GT vert has been built and is in convoy now. I should have it next week. I'll update you then.
Tony
Old 4/24/05, 03:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Downtown Ford in Sacramento, California. great people, easy to work with, good price
Old 4/24/05, 06:04 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought my GT from Vision Ford in Alamogordo New Mexico on D plan. The regional rep said it was only the second Mustang in his region (includes Colorado) that was sold on D plan. And the first GT. Both D plans were sold at Vision Ford. And for full disclosure, my Mom works there.

Frank Paterson was the salesmen I worked with and my family has worked with him in the past on a few other sales as well. He was the one that gave me a gas chit and the keys to a black GT during Thanksgiving and told me to have a good time... I did.

All I can say is that EVERYONE at this dealership took GREAT care of me and my car. They really went out of there way to make this a great experience for me at all levels, from the sales department, to the dealer owner, to the office ladies.

I guess the best way to sum it up is that when I get in the market to replace my truck (with a F250 SD diesel/auto crew cab 4x4), I will be calling them up again. Give them a call at 505-434-4800 and see what they can do for you.
Old 4/24/05, 06:51 PM

I drove 360 miles to Country Ford in Tyndall SD but it was worth BOTH trips! I went down in March and picked up my new Mustang GT (slightly below invoice). Ford still hasn't pulled my order from 12/16/04 - nice job.

I went back down there the first weekend of April to pick up a new Escape. He beat a friend of mine's (Minneapolis dealer) price by $3,000. Actually, he gave me what the blue book said my trade was worth. Both vehicles at or below invoice and a fair trade in value.

Joe Plihal couldn't have been better to work with either. He's been doing this for over 30 years but the way he handled both transactions you would think he just got in the car business. He went through every aspect of both vehicles and the owner manuals too. Then he actually called a few days later just to see how the vehicle was doing.

If you're in the Midwest call Joe toll free 888-877-5035 and tell him I said hello and thanks again!
Old 4/24/05, 07:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Glad to hear that quite a few folks DID have a good experience!

Thanks for starting the thread Kevin!

Hopefully, I will be able to add the purchase of my wife's to the list.

EK
Old 4/25/05, 07:45 AM
GT Member

Wish I could add to this. Unfortunately that is not the case. I can't get a straight word out of my dealership to save my life, and they seem like they could care less. They have my deposit, and if I decide to cancel, they would just turn around and sell the car for $3K markup.
Old 4/25/05, 09:18 AM
V6 Member

Park Cities Ford Dallas Texas. Talk to Richard DeMeglio.
Old 4/25/05, 09:32 AM
Bullitt Member

so any positive experiences with any dealers in NJ?

I want to order my 06!!!
Old 4/25/05, 09:36 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by NuPony05@April 25, 2005, 7:48 AM
Wish I could add to this. Unfortunately that is not the case. I can't get a straight word out of my dealership to save my life, and they seem like they could care less. They have my deposit, and if I decide to cancel, they would just turn around and sell the car for $3K markup.
Sorry hear what happen try buy your Mustang man,

come on down at my Ford Dealership ,St Albans WV at Moses Ford, here their website http://www.mosesford.com
they sold ten 05 Mustangs this week.

Ask for Cliff that's who brought mine from. this is best Ford dealersip in tri-state area.
Old 4/25/05, 09:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Jan Thigpen at DON BOHNS FORD in Louisiana is the man!

He not only talked me out of a 2004, but put me into the best car I have ever had! He was patient and friendly. He also has called me and sent letters to check if I am having any problems.

*Link to the dealership in my signature
Old 4/25/05, 10:59 AM

Pegues Hurst Ford Longview, Texas. 2 hours east of Dallas, Texas

Salesman: Brandon Stone

Made promises and kept everyone!! $750 over invoice on a '05 GT convertible

Hey KizerSoze: What sort of deal did you get at Park Cities Ford??????
Old 4/25/05, 11:23 AM

Does anyone have any suggestions for a dealer in the Northwest Missouri area??
Old 4/26/05, 08:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I bought my car from Jim Bortz at Tom Clark Ford in Greensburg, PA (Near Pittsburgh). I had left a dealer that screwed me. I made a few calls. This was one of the only salesman that said he already had a car on order that he could put my name on. I did and with in three weeks the car arrived.

One a better note, I was going to use X-Plan. But it was the kind that can only be used by the actual X-plan holder and their spouce. I was a step-child. Well the saleman worked a deal with a friend of his and got me the X-plan with friends and family. So I was still able to use the X-plan and not have my step-dad drive 8 hours to sign paperwork.

I recommend him to others in the area. One guy just ordered a GT from him, so I get a $100 referal bonus.
Old 5/4/05, 10:19 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by trublustang03@April 25, 2005, 11:35 AM
so any positive experiences with any dealers in NJ?

I want to order my 06!!!
Elmwood Ford in Elmwood Park has always done a good job for me. It's a small dealership in Northern NJ. I ordered my 1987 Mustang from there and the salesperson is still there (in a management role now, I think.) When I bought my car last week off the lot, the transaction was as smooth as silk. Even the financing and "extras" experience was good. No hassles, no pressure and they gave me a fair deal on my trade-in.

It's good that you're ordering because they usually do not have a big choice on the lot. My salesperson's name is Basil.
Old 5/4/05, 11:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Dale Jarret Ford
Indian Springs, NC
Dave Andreanos (Fleet Sales Manager)

Met Dave at a Mustang show sponsored by dealership. Spent a long weekend looking (and dickering) with dealers in the Charlotte Area. Called Dave on Monday at 9am..her personally delivered it to me at 1:30pm....I am 69 miles from the dealership. When I called and told him which one I wanted he quoted me exactly sticker (which at the time some people were poo-pooing..."wait...they'll get cheaper"...we ALL know how that turned out).
Great salesman and dealer...too bad they are too far away for service.

Wade Ford
Kings Mountain, NC
"Libby" Service Supervisor

Get all my maintenance done by them. Quick and Courteous. When my shaker went out they had never pulled or taken apart the dash. (VERY small dealership). They suggested driving to Charlotte and getting one of the bigger dealerships to switch it out (they didn't have a replacment and said it would probably be 2-3 weeks). Too bad the dealer I used wasn't as honest or trustworthy.

:notnice:
Earl Tindoll Ford
Gastonia, NC
Sales: Didn't catch his name
I already had issues with this dealership on a new 97 Explorer Purchase...and when I spent my "power weekend" shopping for cars was literally told that "...you are crazy for wanting an 05...I got great deals on 04's....they look better and are faster anyway.." by a salesman. I had barely gotten out my car before he descended like a hungy buzzard on roadkill. After hearing that...My wife and I got back in the car and went somewhere else.
Service: Sam
This was the "bigger" dealership I took my Shaker to. Seemed ok...until they said they "..don't replace the radio...we send it out to be fixed...HOWEVER we have a custom audio department next door...we can offer a discount for anything there.."
Quoted fixing time - 2-3 weeks (should have just let Wade Ford do it). I visited "C&R Custom Audio and Wheels" which is actually a seperate company (?) the cheapest radio they had was $499 (withOUT installation). No thanks. Took it back 13 days later (it still had the Bad Disk Disease). They were nice and "found" another one to install (??)...now 1 week later...Getting Bad Disks on the new one.

Town and Country
During my "power weekend" this was the ONLY dealer that had NO GT's but about 9 V-6's models. The sales guy said they had one (!?!) coming in. They said the V6 would sell better :scratch: Prices were ok.

Harrelson Ford
Good guys...had 2 white GT's (one stick, one auto) saw several young guys rebuffed from test drives (Cars were still in plastic, no antenna, wheel centers...etc). Alton Devrie said they had litterally come off the truck that morning. He said no problem with a test drive...got BOTH sets of keys so I could see which one I liked better. Talked a little price with the sales manager...seemed fair (remember this was Nov 04...before all the "adjustments" started). I just didn't want white (nothing bad...just didn't like it with parchment). They said they didn't know when / if they would get a Legend Lime in.
Walked away as friends....

Remember this was in Novemer 04....things might have changed...

Jay

Quick Reply: Outstanding Ford Dealers