General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Now about grilles......opinions? Mock up pics

Old 11/26/14, 12:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by TheTaminator
Mickstang - dang you guys are a tough crowd. One pony only? Shoot. Ok, I promise, I won't do 2 ponies if I get the billet grille....even if it offends my OCD "pairs are better" sensibilities, lol. I'm kinda surprised too, how well the red spears and corral looked once I stuck that electrical tape on there. Still seriously thinking on that since there's other places to spend $400 at this point. Decisions decisions.
$400 is half a set of wheels

Almost a whole set on Black Friday

I'm going to get the Cervini's Stalker hood, eventually. I have a LOT of appearance mods planned soon. I have them all just waiting for next week, when I'll have PTO. Finally get a chance to give my car some TLC...full detail, RTR decklid, taillight bezels, vinyl wrapping some pieces, new head and fog light tint, etc...
Old 11/26/14, 12:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
$400 is half a set of wheels

Almost a whole set on Black Friday

I'm going to get the Cervini's Stalker hood, eventually. I have a LOT of appearance mods planned soon. I have them all just waiting for next week, when I'll have PTO. Finally get a chance to give my car some TLC...full detail, RTR decklid, taillight bezels, vinyl wrapping some pieces, new head and fog light tint, etc...
LOL! Well, you do have a point there....oh, and so much for your "less is more" statement! You have a list going on there, but it should look really good. I actually really like(d) the 2012 V6 PP / CS wheels - there's a set in Gilroy for $600. But, it always makes me nervous doing Craigslist for car parts, especially if they have no "proof" that the items came off their car. Too many sheisters around here....And I say "liked" these, but then I saw they are putting them on Volvo station wagons as OEM for pete's sake. What Volvo needs these wheels, I ask?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/4751175303.html
Old 11/26/14, 12:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

LOL! Well, you do have a point there....oh, and so much for your "less is more" statement! You have a list going on there, but it should look really good. I actually really like(d) the 2012 V6 PP / CS wheels - there's a set in Gilroy for $600. But, it always makes me nervous doing Craigslist for car parts, especially if they have no "proof" that the items came off their car. Too many sheisters around here....And I say "liked" these, but then I saw they are putting them on Volvo station wagons as OEM for pete's sake. What Volvo needs these wheels, I ask? http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/4751175303.html
That's a really good deal with tires. I am actually selling my stock Brembo Package wheels, not sure if you'd be interested in those. I don't have tires though, as my stock tires went on my new Niches.

I'd go check out those wheels if you like that style. I do like those wheels too, but Ford's stock wheels just don't have a low enough offset for me. If my stock wheels were pushed out to the corners more, I wouldn't have even gotten new wheels. I ran 1" spacers front and rear for a while, but that was a short term solution.
Old 11/26/14, 12:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

And you'll see it all come together. The RTR decklids deletes the faux gas cap! Less emblems! Haha
Old 11/26/14, 10:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dang! If they weren't so expensive I'd get one just "to see" lol. But since they are real Swarovski crystals, they aren't cheap. Now just think about it for a minute.....I could just crystalize the car, and then build the motor to 425 hp, and NO ONE would expect the little blinged out chick car to do anything but play nice. haha. Fantasies are such a great thing, lol. It's kinda the same thing when I ride up on my Goldwing....and get off of it, and everyone looks cuz I'm only 5'2". LOL
Why not get the Elmer's glue and glitter and go to town - way cheaper. Think of all the guys who would lose their dignity getting smoked by a glittered car. It's the ultimate sleeper in plain sight!