General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Nice Lady, Crazy mom

Search this Thread

Old 9/20/05, 03:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

So today i was dropping my mom off at publix to pick up some chineese for dinner, i drop her off and head to find a parking spot. As i pull down a row i notice a lady backing up so i stop so i can take her spot. She keeps backing, starts getting close i honk, i start honking like crazy and she stops, but not before backing into the drivers fender!!!
:bang: :bang: :bang: I was seriously about to I'm thinking "o great this lady hit me and i'm not going to be able to drive until i'm like 25!!!" The lady that was driving got out and she was nice and said she was sorry, she didn't see me because it was so low, I calm down and say it's an accident and no one is hurt and there isn't any bad damage. Unfortunatly thats when her mom stepped in, she was a substitute teacher and was saying "he just sped in the row and smacked into her" which the lady driving and the 3 or so witnesses say is complete bs. So the mom gets back in the car and we take car of the insurance info just in case. I guess the only reason I'm upset is that the situation was fine and taken care of, and then the mom came out and just made it hellacious. And i'm already stressed enough about the damage to my dads and my dream car!!!
so the lesson is say :notnice: to ever going into any sort of parking lot
Old 9/20/05, 04:58 PM
Cobra Member

That's rough. What's the damage gonna cost?
Old 9/20/05, 05:22 PM
Cobra Member

That horrible Adam, hope you get her fixed up better than new!!

Parking lots are one of the most dangerous places to drive, most drivers act like the rules don't apply when they are in the 'lot. :nono:
Old 9/20/05, 05:49 PM
Bullitt Member

the damage isn't really anything, just some scuffs and I'm the only one that notices them, because i know they are there, we probably won't even fix the scuff because we are wanting to get her painted anyways (black.....please)
Parking lots are crazy! the worst part was telling my dad over the phone
Old 9/20/05, 09:14 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
man that sucks

and about that mom.. what a horrible @#$%^!!! how can she do that? i hate ppl like that, who make up BS just to make someone elses life worse

sorry to hear about the accident man. hope it all goes thru ok

and for the record, i love that car
Old 9/20/05, 10:35 PM

Sorry about your accident Adam. Hopefully, everything will work out. Be on guard for the Mom though. Her reaction and her disposition both stunk and she appears to be very dishonest. Nothing may come of any of this, but it is hard to trust folks in the litigious society we live in today.

Dude, for future reference (And I'm not preaching, but offering some advice)...If you are every again in a situation where you feel compelled to exchange insurance information. Call the Police. Never, ever give your insurance or personal information to another person unless you have a police officer on site filling out a police report. Give it to the police officer and not the other driver. You need to always get the accident, location, circumstances and witnesses documented. If the laws haven't changed, the police will not issue a ticket to either driver for a private Property accident (Which I think a parking lot of a store would be considered) but they will document the accident for you.

I learned that lesson the hard way. People are capable of all sorts of bad stuff. I was in a very similar situation once, and before I knew it there was a huge Civil suit filed against me for a very minor fender bender. We are talking the works too. MAJOR INJURY, FAKE WITNESSES and FAKE LOCATION even.

In the end, my insurance settled with them to get rid of them. It was not cool to say the least.

Did you get the names and contact numbers of any of the witnesses?
Old 9/21/05, 12:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Be glad you know who did it. Someone hit my rear bumper and took off. Now I feel like an idiot driving with a damaged rear bumper.
Old 9/21/05, 04:26 AM
Bullitt Member

that sucks, people have backed into my friend like 3 times in the past year, once while he was standing right their, and they never payed for any of it