General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

New 2022 not running right. How does this happen?

Search this Thread

Old 4/29/22, 08:29 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 959 Likes on 586 Posts
New 2022 not running right. How does this happen?

I went to get a new battery yesterday at the local Ford dealer. Nice folks but the guy that came out to drive my car could NOT drive my 5 speed. I didn't say anything but that's not a good thing to witness. Another guy came out and I was in business. If anyone is interested the battery was $134 plus tax. My prior Ford battery was $114 about 4.5 years ago. I can live with a $20 increase.

I asked about new Mustangs and they had a sweet 2022 GT in the shop that they received from Ford that was 'not running right'. They were trying to figure out what was wrong. How can Ford ship a new car that isn't running right? Imagine if someone ordered that Mustang and how upset the owner would be. These are tough things to see and makes me appreciate my 15 year old ride.
The following 2 users liked this post by NC14GT:
Glenn (4/29/22), m05fastbackGT (4/29/22)
Old 4/29/22, 09:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,509 Likes on 1,031 Posts
just can't get good help these days . . .
The following 2 users liked this post by Bert:
m05fastbackGT (4/29/22), NC14GT (4/30/22)
Old 4/29/22, 10:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Originally Posted by NC07GTCS
How can Ford ship a new car that isn't running right?
Just to answer...

"It worked when it left the factory ok..." - Ford.

This is why they have warranties, after all. Stuff happens. Sometimes so bad the manufacturer will have to buy that car back and/or replace it with another just like it. One outta thousands that are anomalous isn't that big a deal when mass production is taking place.

For what that's worth, carry on.

Old 4/29/22, 11:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 779 Likes on 568 Posts
One day after I picked my 06GT up the fuel pump went out. Was a bummer had to have it hauled through my work parking lot. I heard sheet about that for months from co workers. LOL. After the fuel pump was replaced it was good for a lot of miles after that.
The following 2 users liked this post by Glenn:
m05fastbackGT (4/29/22), NC14GT (4/30/22)
Old 5/1/22, 08:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 551 Likes on 357 Posts
With the way the chip shortage is right now it was probably a car that had been sitting in the Corral at the factory and was put back together outside, hence it did not go down for the shake down and this is what you get. Car hauler does not get paid to do anything but haul the car and that is what he did.
When I was a teenager the guy across the street was GM for a Chrysler dealer and told us of a car they got off the car hauler that was knocking so bad the guy didn't even park it in the intake lot, car had no oil in it due to a dented and cracked oil pan and his exact words were I just deliver them I don't QC them. The guy did have one knocking when loaded on his paperwork so his butt was covered and no oil on the car hauler so it happened before loading.
The following 2 users liked this post by Siber Express:
m05fastbackGT (5/1/22), NC14GT (5/1/22)
Old 5/27/22, 08:03 AM
GT Member

Received 89 Likes on 58 Posts
maybe its me and I am old school but it should be a pre-requisite for anyone working at a dealer to know how to drive a manual. I know my kids will know how even if they never actually own one.

I read a story on a different forum... might be common knowledge so apologies if its old news. A young kind was helping the service tech change the oil on a Jeep with a 6 speed. Had no idea how to drive one or even start one. Rather than asking he tried to figure it out himself. He ended up getting it stated but it was still in gear when he released the clutch and ran the Jeep into the service tech killing him. Sad news all around! The more disturbing part is the owner of the Jeep got hit with the blame and taking to court.

We live in a very different world these days.

The following 2 users liked this post by Nemisus:
m05fastbackGT (5/27/22), NC14GT (5/27/22)
Old 5/27/22, 09:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Manuals are dying off. Even the DCT Mustang isn't a true manual anymore. Nobody buys them except enthusiasts these days, they want their little 'get in and go' box. Whether you like it or not, whether it's a good idea or not, it's happening. Same with ICE cars, they're going electric and there's nothing to do but watch as it happens, because it's not in your or my hands. And soon after? Taxibots. No more car sales, all 'cars' will be Johnny Cabs. "Take me here", and off it goes, no steering wheels, no controls, you just gotta trust it and ride. And you might think that's silly, but it's happening. People don't want to drive like we do. People just want to get from here to there and if they can just get a thing to do it for them, it'll happen. Watch.
Old 5/30/22, 11:51 AM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,996 Likes on 1,618 Posts
Originally Posted by Nemisus
maybe its me and I am old school but it should be a pre-requisite for anyone working at a dealer to know how to drive a manual. I know my kids will know how even if they never actually own one.

I read a story on a different forum... might be common knowledge so apologies if its old news. A young kind was helping the service tech change the oil on a Jeep with a 6 speed. Had no idea how to drive one or even start one. Rather than asking he tried to figure it out himself. He ended up getting it stated but it was still in gear when he released the clutch and ran the Jeep into the service tech killing him. Sad news all around! The more disturbing part is the owner of the Jeep got hit with the blame and taking to court.

We live in a very different world these days.
Totally agree about the most disturbing part you brought up Joseph.. It should had been the dealership that got hit with the blame and taken to court for negligence, as the owner of the Jeep wasn't responsible for the actions of the person who killed the service tech who didn't have a clue in how to drive a vehicle equipped with a manual transmission
Old 6/13/22, 12:01 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I am so glad I found this post while searching reviews online for this DELETED SPAM POST website because I want to read free essay samples over there.

Last edited by 05stangkc; 7/18/23 at 11:11 AM.
Old 6/13/22, 12:11 PM

Which suggestion are you referring to? There are several of them posted lol. Meanwhile, welcome aboard.
Old 6/17/22, 04:11 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by NC07GTCS
I went to get a new battery yesterday at the local Ford dealer. Nice folks but the guy that came out to drive my car could NOT drive my 5 speed. I didn't say anything but that's not a good thing to witness. Another guy came out and I was in business. If anyone is interested the battery was $134 plus tax. My prior Ford battery was $114 about 4.5 years ago. I can live with a $20 increase.

I asked about new Mustangs and they had a sweet 2022 GT in the shop that they received from Ford that was 'not running right'. They were trying to figure out what was wrong. How can Ford ship a new car that isn't running right? Imagine if someone ordered that Mustang and how upset the owner would be. These are tough things to see and makes me appreciate my 15 year old ride.
My role in the shop for a couple years was strictly related to new car Pre-Delivery Inspections. I handled them from being offloaded at the dealership, through the inspection, and performed any repairs needed, before sending them to our detail department. I adjusted a lot of doors, fixed a lot of trim, chased a lot of electrical concerns (normally related to a connector left unplugged), and overhauled/replaced a few transmissions on cars with under 5 miles. "Quality is Job 1" is what they say, but the fact my dealership had an entire tech position has proved that to be a lie. As long as Ford (or any manufacturer, honestly) can get the vehicle to the dealership, they can wash their hands of it essentially.

Other fun fact, if the transmission blows up, or has a whining differential in it, the dealership is supposed to go in and repair the unit, instead of replacing it, as long as the vehicle is in possession of the dealership. If the owner of the vehicle complains about the same noise a day after purchase, the unit would be replaced with a brand new one, no questions.
The following users liked this post:
NC14GT (6/18/22)
Old 6/18/22, 07:04 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 959 Likes on 586 Posts
^^^ Thanks for that perspective. Very concerning to me though to hear that. The dealership you work at sounds somewhat responsible which is good to hear for a change. I have rarely had good luck at Ford dealerships ever since I bought me first GT back in 1982. There was one exception though at a dealership in Gainesville FL which was wonderful!. Living in NC makes it hard to get there.
Old 6/30/22, 01:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. I was looking for it for my brother and he will be so happy. He also helped me by sharing the DELETED WEBSITE website with me where I can easily find online real money gaming sites.

Last edited by 05stangkc; 7/18/23 at 11:21 AM.
Old 7/18/23, 11:11 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,588 Likes on 1,915 Posts
Originally Posted by MariluTudor
Thanks for the suggestion. I am so glad I found this post while searching reviews online for this DELETED SPAM POST website because I want to read free essay samples over there.
Ta Ta!

Spammer!

KC
wanted33 (8/13/23)
Old 7/18/23, 11:22 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,588 Likes on 1,915 Posts
Originally Posted by BenQuinn
Thanks for the suggestions. I was looking for it for my brother and he will be so happy. He also helped me by sharing the DELETED WEBSITE website with me where I can easily find online real money gaming sites.
Jeez Another Spammer in Same Thread! Darn Cockroaches!

Bye!
NC14GT (7/19/23)
Old 7/18/23, 01:17 PM

And yet wasn't discovered until after one year later