General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

My Sync system lost its feeble little mind

Search this Thread

Old 11/13/13, 02:13 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
My Sync system lost its feeble little mind

I had been playing music from a thumb drive plugged into USB2 for quite some time with no problems. Then yesterday when I started the car the display read Sync Line-In. I pressed the voice button and when prompted said USB2. Syncthia responded No USB Device. I removed the thumb from USB2 and tried it in USB1 with the same result. I put a little music on another thumb and it worked fine in both USB1 and USB2, but the original thumb still would not work. I then did a Master Reset, after which NEITHER thumb would work. I was ready to take the car in to my Ford dealer this morning, but turned on the sound system just for the hell of it. The display read Sync USB and the system would play from either thumb. I switched them so the original thumb was back in USB2 and they both still worked fine.

I have no idea why or how she lost her little mind, or how or why she found it again. Technology is wonderful, except when it isn't.
Old 11/13/13, 02:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mine started calling random people one day and then i realized i was sitting on my phone pressing buttons.
Old 11/13/13, 02:43 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
S - Sucker,
Y - your
N - not
C - connected.
Old 11/15/13, 09:39 AM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tukatz
...I have no idea why or how she lost her little mind, or how or why she found it again...
Good morning tukatz,
I'm Jen, and I'm jumping in for Kim.

From what I can tell, it seems that after the Master Reset, your USB device might have been indexing. During that index upload, music playback can be delayed.

In terms of what caused the initial issue, there could be a number of culprits such as debris/dust in the USB slot or even a track error.

At any rate, I'm glad you were able to get your music playing again! Here are some voice commands from our website: http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...-by-voice-sync.

Originally Posted by southcarolina12
...mine started calling random people one day and then i realized i was sitting on my phone pressing buttons...
southcarolina12,
This has definitely happened to me before too!

Happy Friday everyone!

Jen
Old 11/15/13, 10:07 AM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Thanks for jumping in, Jen, but I don't believe it had anything to do with indexing. On the day it was NOT working I pushed the voice button and was prompted Line-In, Please Say a Command. When I said USB (or USB2) the reply was No USB Device. This went on over several hours. The following day when I started the car everything was back to normal. Sunspots?

This happened once before when I was only using USB1 and on that occasion it also cured itself. Anyway, all is well now.
Old 11/17/13, 10:14 AM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for Jumping in, Jen; I'm back!
Originally Posted by tukatz
Thanks for jumping in, Jen, but I don't believe it had anything to do with indexing. On the day it was NOT working I pushed the voice button and was prompted Line-In, Please Say a Command. When I said USB (or USB2) the reply was No USB Device. This went on over several hours. The following day when I started the car everything was back to normal. Sunspots?

This happened once before when I was only using USB1 and on that occasion it also cured itself. Anyway, all is well now.
I'm glad it's working now, tukatz. Hopefully this won't happen again in the future, but if it does, the master reset will normally take care of this. I suggest trying that before taking it in to the dealership. Make sure you unplug the USB devices before performing the reset.

The website is currently under construction. Once it's up and running, you can find detailed instructions for the master reset at: www.Support.Ford.com

To perform the master reset, press PHONE > SYSTEM SETTINGS > OK > ADVANCED > OK > MASTER RESET > OK > OK.

Kim