Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
11.11%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 3/27/12, 11:24 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Sounds like you are suffering from menopause, lol!
Don't you mean MANopause? The damned internet doesn't help any, I start Googling and it freaks me out even more, talking about cancer, AIDS, inflamed heart valves, TB, etc.
http://www.medicinenet.com/night_sweats/article.htm

I feel sorry for hypochondriacs in the age of the internet, they probably don't leave the house after a few hours of searching the web.
Old 3/27/12, 11:28 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 172 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Ok Jill. I will call them slides. Sounds better than flip flops anyways.
You mean these, right?
http://www.adidas.com/us/slides/_/N-1z13xep
Old 3/27/12, 11:33 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Don't you mean MANopause? The damned internet doesn't help any, I start Googling and it freaks me out even more, talking about cancer, AIDS, inflamed heart valves, TB, etc.
http://www.medicinenet.com/night_sweats/article.htm

I feel sorry for hypochondriacs in the age of the internet, they probably don't leave the house after a few hours of searching the web.
Try sleeping with at least one leg sticking out from under the covers?

And stop googling everything. If I googled to research every little ache and pain, I'd never get anything done!
Old 3/27/12, 11:37 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you telling me everybody doesn't do that already? LOL
Old 3/27/12, 11:39 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Are you telling me everybody doesn't do that already? LOL
Nope, usually too cold in my house for me to do that.
Old 3/27/12, 11:39 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Yup. Black and silver.
Old 3/27/12, 11:46 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Yup. Black and silver.
See, I didn't make it up. That's what Adidas calls them

Ok, so question for you Mac users. I'm going to be in the market for a new laptop in the next few months. Not being sarcastic, but tell me why I should spend twice as much money on a Mac? Im certainly not anti Apple, I do have an iPhone and an iPad.
Old 3/27/12, 11:49 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
That's the only way I can sleep. Its just been kind of freaking me out, I've never had just part of my body get that hot before. Really weird.
Old 3/27/12, 11:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

That's the only way I can sleep. Its just been kind of freaking me out, I've never had just part of my body get that hot before. Really weird.
Sorry Lee you can't bare kids anymore. LOL
Old 3/27/12, 12:05 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

See, I didn't make it up. That's what Adidas calls them

Ok, so question for you Mac users. I'm going to be in the market for a new laptop in the next few months. Not being sarcastic, but tell me why I should spend twice as much money on a Mac? Im certainly not anti Apple, I do have an iPhone and an iPad.
From what I understand, you are a lot safer from viruses and spyware with Mac. I don't have a Mac yet but I'm told they are just as fast five years later as they are from day one. Apple store service and warranties are always great too. Bought my dad a MacBook pro for Christmas and he's loving it. You could always start with the Mac mini to save a few $$$.
Old 3/27/12, 12:19 PM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey everyone, late start to TMS today.

I call them slippers "slippas" after four years in Hawaii.

Jill, from my experience with Macs they don't have the issues Windows machines I have had in the past do with slow start up and having to reboot often because the OS becomes slow and unresponsive. Still rather new to the Mac world, but love them.
Old 3/27/12, 12:22 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
The advantages to macs are nice, but I freaking hate the user interface. The layout drives me nuts. I hate the bar at the top that you have to go into to close the program you're in. There's more, but I won't go into it. My sister is transferring schools and she found out she has to have a mac when she just bought a new laptop last summer.
Old 3/27/12, 12:25 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Ill go into the mac vs pc thing in a few when i got a moment.

Nathan, i am curious, you say teh advantages are nice, im juts curious as to what your referring to?

and btw, ill preface everything i am not biased one way or another even though 99.4% of my work is all PC based.
Old 3/27/12, 12:38 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

I'm interested in anything anyone has to say on the matter. Anybody have an input on the Apple Care Protection Plan? Worth it? It's $249, which seems like a lot because you have to pay for it up front, but when you average that out over the 3 year period, it's comes out to like $7/mo. That's less than the insurance I pay for my phone.
Old 3/27/12, 12:48 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
I personally use PC's. I have never had viruses and I have never had hardware problems out of my laptops or desktops. I am i guess what you would consider an advanced user however and none of my stuff stays stock in the terms of what software and such is loaded on it, i.e. the bloatware that comes from the manufacturer.

With that being said, the benefits to a mac are that their quality control as far as development is top notch. They only allow programs on their systems from 3rd party developers that have passed their test and standards, therefore insuring, that its going to work properly.

One thing about apple though, when they do reach their life expectancy, alot of times when a new OS comes out, if your 4-5 years out on hardware, forget it, it will not give you a chance to upgrade and therefore you cannot get the new cool features until you get new hardware. It will however synch up with your phone and ipad seamlessly and itunes is integrated into it.

Really it depends on what you need it to do and how much you want to spend. Im perfectly fine with my $1000 hp laptop that does everything i want it to with no hesitations (and that includes ripping video, playing games, etc etc.) I use it everyday and it has never given me problems. The only thing I would like to have in it that a mac has is the display, god they are gorgeous.
Old 3/27/12, 12:53 PM
INKY

I always reloaded my PCs when I got them, can't stand all the crap they pre-load them with. To me the Mac runs better and I am fine with spending the extra couple of dollars, think my MacBook was $1100. And the displays are awesome, the integration with my iPod and iPhone is great too.
Old 3/27/12, 01:29 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
Ill go into the mac vs pc thing in a few when i got a moment.

Nathan, i am curious, you say teh advantages are nice, im juts curious as to what your referring to?

and btw, ill preface everything i am not biased one way or another even though 99.4% of my work is all PC based.
Just the stuff Erich mentioned. The size is nice, but the interface and price kill it for me. Id definitely want a 15" and that's like a couple hundred dollars more. Ill be looking for something new next summer after I graduate.
Old 3/27/12, 01:42 PM
INKY

Took a little while to get used to the interface and how they "work" Love the magic mouse. I used to love working on computers, but don't seem to have the time anymore so I like that my Macs have been much more stable. Work on PCs at work and they annoy me now, a lot of that has to do with the network and not the actual PC, but nice to go home to something different.
Old 3/27/12, 01:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Boss 1409
Took a little while to get used to the interface and how they "work" Love the magic mouse. I used to love working on computers, but don't seem to have the time anymore so I like that my Macs have been much more stable. Work on PCs at work and they annoy me now, a lot of that has to do with the network and not the actual PC, but nice to go home to something different.
I hate mice, rollerball for me.
Old 3/27/12, 01:46 PM
INKY

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
I hate mice, rollerball for me.
Never could get used to one. The new Mac OS is a lot like iOS, but I don't have a Track Pad so I haven't upgraded yet. Plus, not sure if I mentioned this, but my internet connection at the house SUCKS!

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast