General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Mustang Cat. Converter

Search this Thread

Old 1/16/06, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alright well i have a 2000 Mustang V6 3.8 stick shirt with cold air intake and Flowmaster 40 muffler on it. It sounds pretty good, it has that signature sound of a mustang. I know this sounds kind of crazzy but im interested in installing flame throwers (single exhaust). Some have said i should gut the cats to have flame thorwers... and i need to know if i should. Has anyone done that before with this size, and does it sound good, bad or what? I know the process is long, and is it really worth it? The last thing i wanna do is screw up that beautiful purr in the pony. Thanks guys!
Old 1/18/06, 04:11 PM
Banned

Your from Texas and Texas has a vehicle inspection yearly, You gut or remove your cat and you will have a hard time getting it inspected. If you really need to gut the cats just remove them, any muffer shop can make you a pipe to replace the cat (they wont put it in ) and if you don't like it or can't get it inspected you can replace the pipe with the cat(S).
A SuperChip 91 octane program works very well on the 3.8, Give it about 20 hp.
Good luck
Old 1/19/06, 09:49 PM

Ok, so it sounds like messing with them isnt really worth it. I believe you where talking about a SMOG inspection, so far the area i live in doesnt do this, so i dont know. This chip you speak of, how much does it run, and where could i purchase it? What does it do, iv heard of chips that just reset the rev limit, and well i dont wanna blow the engine. So if its just something with the fuel/air ratio or something then im cool with it. So has anyone replaced their cats with a pipe, if so, how does it sound? Any other suggestions on boosting the mustang?
Old 1/20/06, 04:48 AM
Banned

My daughter has a 2004 3.9 auto. I put a Banjie shaker hood scoop, painted the hood like a Mach 1. Painted rear spoiler, Mach 1 grill delete, Front air dam, Sony Expode system with 12 inch in trunk, Chrome bullitts, Superchip 91 octaine program, K&N tube and filter, 3.73 gears, 3 chamber flowmaster(1 inlet two outlets)

The Computer chip you can get most anywhere I got hers from JEGS.com How the program gets HP is by advancing the timeing and the need for higher octaine, it works well. The cheepest one I have found I bought for my car its from sctflash.com. They will customise a setting for you when you order it, tell them what you have and what you want and when you get it all you have to do is push one button.
Old 1/20/06, 04:55 AM
Banned

Forgot the grill delete