General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Mechanic Caught on Camera Redlining 2013 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 8/5/14, 12:55 PM
TMS Staff

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Mechanic Caught on Camera Redlining 2013 Mustang

Here' s some food for thought: the next time you take your car in for repair, you might want to set up a camera inside, just in case the mechanic deliberately tries to damage your vehicle.

Sure, that' s certainly not what you'd typically expect when you take your car in to be fixed, but evidently all mechanics don't necessarily have you or your car's best interest at heart.

That’s exactly what the owner of a 2013 Mustang learned after his video dash cam caught a Ford dealership mechanic driving his car saying, “I'm going to drive this ***** around redlining it. It’s either going to make it worse, or fu$%ing fix it.”

Read the rest on the Mustang Source homepage.
Old 8/5/14, 02:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Since the idiots that get paid to post on the homepage don't have a clue what actually goes on in this forum, here is the relevant link:

https://themustangsource.com/f804/fo...-abuse-532026/
Old 8/5/14, 02:56 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
Since the idiots that get paid to post on the homepage don't have a clue what actually goes on in this forum, here is the relevant link:

A few of you are pretty critical of these guys but it is my guess they are trying to grow the membership (esp since the forum has slowed to a crawl the last few years compared to previous years). And new members often come to the homepage first via search. So they are posting articles there.
Whereas members typically go right to the forum and skip the homepage. I rarely see the homepage. But since these guys also want to include the existing members, they occasionally make a thread in the forum.
Let them do their thing.
Old 8/5/14, 03:39 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
A few of you are pretty critical of these guys but it is my guess they are trying to grow the membership (esp since the forum has slowed to a crawl the last few years compared to previous years). And new members often come to the homepage first via search. So they are posting articles there.
Whereas members typically go right to the forum and skip the homepage. I rarely see the homepage. But since these guys also want to include the existing members, they occasionally make a thread in the forum.
Let them do their thing.
I'm critical of them for a few reasons...They're not actually even members of this website. They only exist to put, mostly, garbage on the homepage. Given that, I honestly doubt any of them are Mustang enthusiasts...or even car enthusiasts at all. They merely post junk for shock value, which as you said, is just to attract non-members. But they blatantly post language and content that would be filtered/deleted if it were posted by any other user. The homepage stories used to be reserved for Mustang "awesome-ness" (for lack of a better term). Now it's..."Watch this Mustang crash...Look at this ****ty driving...Mustang driver gets arrested...Mustang street racing...Another Mustang crash". Anytime something cool does get posted, it's quickly flooded by more trashy articles.

At best, they put forth a false (and negative) image of Mustangs and this forum, and they annoy the hell out of me.

There are a lot better things they could put on the homepage. Hell, there's a member here dropping a 427 in his (formerly) V6 S197. That's pretty awesome...Just sayin'.

:end rant:
Old 8/5/14, 05:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
The only problem I have with the front page "articles" is that they are posted way out of date, by now this is another "old news" article worth nothing to anyone on this forum, we all already knew about this long time ago by internet standards.

Its as bad as seeing typical "internet-handicapped" person read a headline somewhere, and go directly to this forum, and start a new thread about headlines everyone knows about 2-3 weeks prior! Instead of go and use the search option to see if the forum doesn't have any thread about this particular topic.
Old 8/5/14, 06:16 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 148 Likes on 112 Posts
Since the idiots that get paid to post on the homepage don't have a clue what actually goes on in this forum,
are`nt the " owners " a bunch of vette guys now ? .. i know my membership dues went to a corvette group .. when streetfire had a forum it was the best around till they sold out to youtube ..youtube closed the forum ..
Old 8/6/14, 05:39 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 949 Likes on 577 Posts

Have to agree. They did the same thing with the Mustang Week crashes. Posted an original thread that was talked about here for many days before. It's not a good sign that they have to generate stuff, especially when it's been done already..

Last edited by NC14GT; 8/6/14 at 05:40 AM.
Old 8/6/14, 10:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Says the video is private?