General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

It makes me cry...

Search this Thread

Old 9/4/08, 07:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by svopaul
These days ANYTHING is pretty much rebuildable.
Yeah, specially for us who don't have the dough to buy a decent one to begin with, but on the long run you dish out more $ on a basket case than on a good one. Alas, classic muscle cars in good condition are hard to find around here, and the prices that they ask for them are sometimes ridiculous, even for beaters. That's how it is in Puerto Rico. So #$%&%$@!
Old 9/4/08, 02:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should have made a picture of the dealer/junkyard sign...
Old 9/4/08, 02:28 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh to have those 302's........I can only dream
Old 9/4/08, 03:40 PM
GT Member

What about those poor vans? LOL, sorry... Someone had to say it
Old 9/4/08, 08:19 PM
GT Member

As much as I love Mustangs those look like donor cars pretty much...Just useable for parts. You'd be better off just getting a replacement body and building one yourself or have someone do it for you.
Old 9/5/08, 06:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Cocheese
ok... all exclusevely reserved for you!
Old 9/5/08, 08:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by StangRalle
You should have made a picture of the dealer/junkyard sign...
Couldn't find it. Didn't have a lot of time, but yer right, I wish I had gotten a picture of something recognizable. Didn't see any real signs or even street signs.
Originally Posted by Cocheese
The vans we will rip apart and turn into a makeshift cargo plane, which we will use to fly all those forgotten 'Stangs to freedom.....just as soon as I get all the duct-tape and beer in order... .......and find MacGyver.

Originally Posted by Rob O
As much as I love Mustangs those look like donor cars pretty much...Just useable for parts. You'd be better off just getting a replacement body and building one yourself or have someone do it for you.
Yeah, pretty much. I'm surprised so many have their windows in good condition. Speaking of which, you could probably make a few bucks selling just the windows. I'm sure people restoring, or folks with chips/broken windows, would love a stock replacement.

Me...I'd settle for a few emblems and bits...conversational stuff.
Old 9/6/08, 09:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Arrow
Couldn't find it. Didn't have a lot of time, but yer right, I wish I had gotten a picture of something recognizable. Didn't see any real signs or even street signs.
Shame...
Old 9/6/08, 09:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Originally Posted by Arrow

The vans we will rip apart and turn into a makeshift cargo plane, which we will use to fly all those forgotten 'Stangs to freedom.....just as soon as I get all the duct-tape and beer in order... .......and find MacGyver.

Yeah, pretty much. I'm surprised so many have their windows in good condition. Speaking of which, you could probably make a few bucks selling just the windows. I'm sure people restoring, or folks with chips/broken windows, would love a stock replacement.

Me...I'd settle for a few emblems and bits...conversational stuff.
Parting them would be a very wise solution if I were the owners, but looks that they are idiots who prefer to let them keep rotting away instead of making something out of them. Maybe they're thinking that they're worth as much as good ones. Yes, there are people that stupid around here.
I think that with that amount of parts you can make at least one complete running car. They're just idiots.

Last edited by edumspeed; 9/6/08 at 09:56 AM.
Old 9/6/08, 03:31 PM
Service Manager

Received 450 Likes on 222 Posts
Originally Posted by edumspeed
Parting them would be a very wise solution if I were the owners, but looks that they are idiots who prefer to let them keep rotting away instead of making something out of them. Maybe they're thinking that they're worth as much as good ones. Yes, there are people that stupid around here.
I think that with that amount of parts you can make at least one complete running car. They're just idiots.
I don't agree....parting them out makes them disappear forever. With all the reproduction parts now available a car as special as a Shelby or Boss could be rebuilt....yes at a greater cost than a good one but there aren't exactly that many of them around anymore now is there? Regular models...sure, they can be parts cars but the special ones are worth putting back together....and some of them even worth the expense of shipping them back to the U.S. as is and rebuilding them.
Old 9/6/08, 04:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

wonder if i can get that 69 302 boss off their i can rebuild it at my uncles and he has 2 69 mustangs i can use parts off of... just a dream tho
Old 9/6/08, 09:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

I don't agree....parting them out makes them disappear forever. With all the reproduction parts now available a car as special as a Shelby or Boss could be rebuilt....yes at a greater cost than a good one but there aren't exactly that many of them around anymore now is there? Regular models...sure, they can be parts cars but the special ones are worth putting back together....and some of them even worth the expense of shipping them back to the U.S. as is and rebuilding them.
At the rate of disintegration that they already have, they may disappear sooner than expected, but I also said that with the amount of parts they already have there they can save at leas one or two and part the rest. I personally would like to save one or two of them. And the Mustang nuts I know would also want to do so.
Old 9/7/08, 03:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
agreed I would love to bring one/all of them back to life
Old 9/7/08, 06:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Tropical heat and moisture probably mean they are badly rotted and just rust held together by pealing paint. The VIN numbers for the Shelbys, and a new Dynacorn 68 shell and you could be in business. How much of the original car do you need to use and still be able to use the original VIN?
Old 9/8/08, 12:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

+1