General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Key fob not working after changing car battery

Old 8/5/17, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Key fob not working after changing car battery

Remote key fob for my 2012 Mustang stopped working after a replacing dead car battery. Both remote key fobs don't work. I've tried replacing the fob battery and the reprogramming fob sequence. Nothing works.......

Anyone have anything similar happen? I can't figure out which fuse would be linked with the remote key fob receiver ...
Old 8/6/17, 12:15 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 386 Likes on 283 Posts
If the batteries have those little lines in them I've had trouble with those at times. Also, take the FOB apart, and pull the connectors up a bit for better connection, maybe scuff them up a bit with some fine sandpaper. If that doesn't work, and I'm not sure there is one, but it could a blown fuse. Since neither one works I'm leaning toward a fuse. Good luck.
Old 8/6/17, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wanted33
If the batteries have those little lines in them I've had trouble with those at times. Also, take the FOB apart, and pull the connectors up a bit for better connection, maybe scuff them up a bit with some fine sandpaper. If that doesn't work, and I'm not sure there is one, but it could a blown fuse. Since neither one works I'm leaning toward a fuse. Good luck.
wanted33- thanks for your response. No luck with your fob suggestions, but it's another what-about-this to check off the list.
Old 8/7/17, 09:59 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 386 Likes on 283 Posts
Originally Posted by finsssss
wanted33- thanks for your response. No luck with your fob suggestions, but it's another what-about-this to check off the list.
I understand my friend. Like you I would have to do the "well it ain't that" method, then guess again.
The following users liked this post:
finsssss (8/7/17)
Old 10/6/17, 02:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Fob

Originally Posted by finsssss
they should never change unless you tried to reprogram or battery died or in backwards. Worse case someone swapped it it for some reason. I've redone my keys & fobs a few times

Search this Thread