General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

I've had it with dealerships!

Search this Thread

Old 7/10/12, 02:31 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny you mention warranty issues. My '11 Mustang had a seat motor fail. It took THREE trips in to get it fixed. They (same dealership) ordered the wrong part twice! (Or maybe didn't have it the first time and ordered the wrong one for the second appointment.)

Point is I'm done with them.

Last edited by slufoot733; 7/11/12 at 01:19 PM.
Old 7/10/12, 08:17 PM
GT Member

The Ford dealer here is awful, but the Lincoln dealer is very good. We use them for our Stangs too.
Old 7/12/12, 11:42 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by DaGonz
There are good dealerships, there are bad dealerships. I have bought my last 5 ford vehicles from Wayside Ford in my community. It is a small dealership, we have a few very large Ford dealerships within a 15 mile radius that are high volume and pushy; their service leaves something to be desired

I have had the same salesperson for 3 out of the 5 purchases. I go in, there is no BS and the deal gets done. Their service department is fantastic; whenever I have had an warranty issue they have taken care of and done it right the first time.
Same here. I live 20 miles form Charlotte, NC with all of their big dealerships. I prefer to stay with my small towm dealership. I've bought six new vehicles from them. They know me by name, and are always ready to help.
Old 7/12/12, 11:57 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
"Orland Park Nissan " sucks
Old 7/15/12, 08:19 AM

I have always been weary when it comes to dealerships, I find that the best thing to do (at least in my case) is have a friend who happens to be a mechanic, Obviously like any other service I pay him and he gets the job done and I can trust him.

Dealerships drive me crazy, I took my moms car in and of course they tried to overcharge me in an obscene way. One dealership quoted me a good price then tacked on additional fees unbeknownst to me.

try even contacting your local mechanic college, my friend says they work on a lot of cars for dirt cheap and they are graded on it and guided by a skilled teacher, at least then you know youre a) not getting ripped off and b) you're car is being carefully looked at.
Old 7/16/12, 12:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Its stuff like this that makes me miss the town I grew up in. Its a small town with a population of 1500, and the closest interstate is 2 hours away.

We used to have a Ford dealer in our town, and they did an awesome job on all work. Because everyone in town knew one another. So you couldn't do a bad job, and expect that it wouldn't spread between everyone, being that they were the only dealer in town.

Now that Im in Indianapolis, I've realized that the local Ford Dealership doesn't care. I've had my car in for oil changes, and it seems like all the employees I've talked to, I try to start small talk and ask them if they've seen any more cars being brought in for damage due to the new roundabouts. And every single person I've asked, their response was, "I'm not sure, I've only been here for a month."

But just over a year ago, I had a minor fender bender, and took it back to the dealer to fix. They did a half a$$ed job. I took it back to point out where things weren't aligned properly, and edges of paint were poor. The head guy of the department then told me that he could take me to any one of the cars on the lot, and point out errors like this. So I'm pretty sure thats what the salesmen tell potential new car buyers too.

I have now been taking my car to a different Ford Dealer for any service if I need it. So far, no real problems.