General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

It's still nasty at the dealerships.

Search this Thread

Old 1/5/23, 05:26 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Sales people who know nothing about the vehicles they sell shouldn't even be in the car industry, to begin with anyhow. As mentioned in a previous post, all those sales people who work for these large volume dealerships are far more concerned about how much they make in sales commissions over having any real knowledge of the vehicles they sell nor know anything when it comes to what customer service is really all about.. Luckily for you, the sales manager you were turned over to just happen to be a Boss fanatic who knows just how special they really are..

In the end, you made the right decision by taking the manager's advice in keeping your Boss.. That being said, I wouldn't be planning on any future visits to that dealership anytime soon either.
Old post but it reminded me of the experience I had in 08 when I was trying to buy a new Shelby. Was looking at some in the showroom and I mentioned something about Carroll Shelby and the salesman looked at me and ask, dead serious, if SHE was still alive. Needless to say I didn't buy a car there.
The following 4 users liked this post by Rather B.Blown:
m05fastbackGT (1/6/23), NC14GT (1/8/23), shaneyusa (1/5/23), Stage_3 (1/5/23)
Old 1/6/23, 03:54 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,140 Likes on 1,720 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Old post but it reminded me of the experience I had in 08 when I was trying to buy a new Shelby. Was looking at some in the showroom and I mentioned something about Carroll Shelby and the salesman looked at me and ask, dead serious, if SHE was still alive. Needless to say I didn't buy a car there.
Thanks for sharing your story, as this is just another fine example of how certain dealership salespersons have no real world knowledge nor background of the car industry, let alone having any real expertise about the vehicles they sell... Needless to say, I wouldn't had purchased a car from there either
The following 2 users liked this post by m05fastbackGT:
NC14GT (1/8/23), Stage_3 (1/7/23)
Old 1/7/23, 09:41 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,866 Likes on 2,112 Posts
I can Remember Years ago while a New Parts Guy asking why they Had So Much Turnover in Sales. He Said Something to the Extent of Well after a New Salesman Runs out of Friends & Relatives to Sell a Car to they Move On! It's a Gypsy Job for a Lot of People. Very Few Diehards! Last Dealership I worked at Has a Guy in His 70's That's Great. He Sold a car to My Daughter. Only One in the Valley I can Personally Recommend for a Ford in My Area and I was in Ford Parts for 35 Years.

KC
The following 2 users liked this post by 05stangkc:
NC14GT (1/8/23), Stage_3 (1/7/23)
Old 1/9/23, 07:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,529 Likes on 1,047 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Thanks for sharing your story, as this is just another fine example of how certain dealership salespersons have no real world knowledge nor background of the car industry, let alone having any real expertise about the vehicles they sell... Needless to say, I wouldn't had purchased a car from there either
Personally I could not care less whether the sales guy knows anything or not, I usually assume that everything they say is a lie, much like a politician ... I only care about the deal that they give me, in writing of course.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bert:
NC14GT (1/10/23), Stage_3 (1/9/23)
Old 1/17/23, 05:26 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Late to the game here, but things are turning sour for the greedy dealerships. Karma's a mean beotch, and this inflation/recession is playing hell on car sales right now. All of those greed ridden dealers that were selling with an ADM will soon be paying "floor plan" fees they don't want to pay. Six dollars for a dozen eggs, and the banks hedging on their car loans has killed car sales. If you look on "Car Gurus" you can see many cars has sat on delaer lots for over 90 days, and that ain't good for dealers. It's also not good for those that bought their new car with an ADM. They were under water. Now they are under the hull of the Titanic, which is sad as many didn't even know what was going to happen. I wouldn't venture onto a dealers sales floor right now. As soon as this sinks into the sales managers head what's happening, things should get back to whatever's called normal.

I've bought from my local hometown family Ford dealer since 1986. They had always treated me fair, and helped whenever they could. Last July I stopped by to inquire about possibly ordering new F-150. To my surprise I was treated like a first time walk-in customer. I don't think it's set into their heads that they have lost a long time loyal customer. They now have maybe a dozen new F-150's on the lot. I'm hoping they call me to see if I'm still interested. If they do it ain't gonna be purdy.

Last edited by wanted33; 1/17/23 at 05:29 AM.
The following users liked this post:
NC14GT (1/17/23)
Old 1/17/23, 07:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 555 Likes on 361 Posts
Originally Posted by wanted33
Late to the game here, but things are turning sour for the greedy dealerships. Karma's a mean beotch, and this inflation/recession is playing hell on car sales right now. All of those greed ridden dealers that were selling with an ADM will soon be paying "floor plan" fees they don't want to pay. Six dollars for a dozen eggs, and the banks hedging on their car loans has killed car sales. If you look on "Car Gurus" you can see many cars has sat on delaer lots for over 90 days, and that ain't good for dealers. It's also not good for those that bought their new car with an ADM. They were under water. Now they are under the hull of the Titanic, which is sad as many didn't even know what was going to happen. I wouldn't venture onto a dealers sales floor right now. As soon as this sinks into the sales managers head what's happening, things should get back to whatever's called normal.

I've bought from my local hometown family Ford dealer since 1986. They had always treated me fair, and helped whenever they could. Last July I stopped by to inquire about possibly ordering new F-150. To my surprise I was treated like a first time walk-in customer. I don't think it's set into their heads that they have lost a long time loyal customer. They now have maybe a dozen new F-150's on the lot. I'm hoping they call me to see if I'm still interested. If they do it ain't gonna be purdy.
The Funny thing is the Stealerships around here had their F150's, Bronco's, Bronco Sports, Mavericks and Mustangs with all the ADM and one dealer with no dealer markup or even dealer fees just happens to be my dealer. Ordered cars for people and sold them for MSRP or less while even the top salesman (Salesman we are supposed to get a deal with) at another dealer that ordered a Bronco for a friend of mine and when it came in the dealership added $10,000 on to the sale price (over the price agreed when it was ordered) so he turned it down, went for $15,000 over MSRP the next day. Now that same dealership is sitting with all kinds of inventory on the lot while the dealership that I deal with has about 12 new vehicles because they are still going for MSRP or less.
There still is a couple of dealerships around that do care about the customers.
Old 1/18/23, 06:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

it seems the bubble may be bursting ... slowly?
Old 1/18/23, 02:20 PM

In my 30+ Years Working At FORD Dealers only Clevenger was Great in Sales, Service & Parts! Usually You would Have More Dealers with Better Parts Departments, Then Service and Sales was Usually Last for Honesty & Good Business Practices. In My Experience Getting All Three was Very Rare!

Then New Dealer Owners Come along & in my Case I Got Stabbed in the Back on Multiple Occasions.

I blead FORD BLUE for Many Years but Since Leaving the Dealership Employment and Seeing all the Changes with FORD CORPORATE Policies These Days it's Just Tired Red Blood!

I needed a Window Regulator for my Crown Vic Recently and Wanted OEM. They were Originally Made in Canada as Per Sticker on the Part. Went to Check Spec's Online and Low & Behold The Ford Regulator was Made in China! So Why Pay FORD for Bad Behavior! Just Went Aftermarket & cut out The Ford Mark Up! I Don't Mind Paying More for a Quality Part But FORD you have Jaded One of Your Biggest Supporters!

So Next Time You Buy a Part Online See if you Can Find the Country of Manufacture. FORD Sites won't Show it But Amazon Does. Cross Reference if You Can!

Vote with Your Dollars Everytime You Can! I pay Particular Attention to Commercials and if Their Message Rubs Me The Wrong Way I Don't Buy! Progressive Insurance and Their YOUR BECOMING YOUR PARENTS Commercial is Insulting. I won't watch Movies anymore if the Star is One of Those Radical Political Types That I Don't Like Their Message as Well!

I guess I'm going off Topic so I will Quit Rambling!

I'm Frustrated and Alienated

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 1/18/23 at 02:29 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by 05stangkc:
NC14GT (1/19/23), shaneyusa (1/19/23), Siber Express (1/20/23), wanted33 (1/25/23)
Old 1/18/23, 03:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

sucks to get old .... because we can remember how much better things used to be, LOL
maybe we'll feel better when the memory fails completely ?
The following 4 users liked this post by Bert:
NC14GT (1/19/23), Siber Express (1/20/23), Stage_3 (1/18/23), wanted33 (1/25/23)
Old 1/18/23, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bert
sucks to get old .... because we can remember how much better things used to be, LOL
maybe we'll feel better when the memory fails completely ?
I will take the Gangster Attitude~ FAAA GET ABOUT IT! Bada Bing Bada Boom!

KC
The following 2 users liked this post by 05stangkc:
Bert (1/18/23), Stage_3 (1/18/23)
Old 1/18/23, 10:34 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,679 Posts
Originally Posted by 05stangkc
In my 30+ Years Working At FORD Dealers only Clevenger was Great in Sales, Service & Parts! Usually You would Have More Dealers with Better Parts Departments, Then Service and Sales was Usually Last for Honesty & Good Business Practices. In My Experience Getting All Three was Very Rare!

Then New Dealer Owners Come along & in my Case I Got Stabbed in the Back on Multiple Occasions.

I blead FORD BLUE for Many Years but Since Leaving the Dealership Employment and Seeing all the Changes with FORD CORPORATE Policies These Days it's Just Tired Red Blood!

I needed a Window Regulator for my Crown Vic Recently and Wanted OEM. They were Originally Made in Canada as Per Sticker on the Part. Went to Check Spec's Online and Low & Behold The Ford Regulator was Made in China! So Why Pay FORD for Bad Behavior! Just Went Aftermarket & cut out The Ford Mark Up! I Don't Mind Paying More for a Quality Part But FORD you have Jaded One of Your Biggest Supporters!

So Next Time You Buy a Part Online See if you Can Find the Country of Manufacture. FORD Sites won't Show it But Amazon Does. Cross Reference if You Can!

Vote with Your Dollars Everytime You Can! I pay Particular Attention to Commercials and if Their Message Rubs Me The Wrong Way I Don't Buy! Progressive Insurance and Their YOUR BECOMING YOUR PARENTS Commercial is Insulting. I won't watch Movies anymore if the Star is One of Those Radical Political Types That I Don't Like Their Message as Well!

I guess I'm going off Topic so I will Quit Rambling!

I'm Frustrated and Alienated

KC
Couldn't agree more with you!!! I'm also a diehard Ford fan but my local stealership that I USED to trust has lost me. I bought new, used and had 90% of my repairs done there. Not anymore they've had a huge workforce change especially at their service department. All the old timers were replaced with 20 something's and their new mentality and direction is terrible. First and foremost there is now a minimum of around $80-100 diagnosis fee automatically upfront on just about everything you submit your car for. My DD went in for inspection and my clean bill of health for it to pass inspection was $4,900. Needless to say I went to my local ma & pa shop (husband and wife team around my age) and $890 later I've got a clean bill of health for my DD. The stealership will never see me again for any repairs unless they're the only ones who can fix it. My new guy also prefers to work on performance cars so Miss Scarlett will be heading his way for inspections and oil changes. So bye, bye stealership and blow it out your arzes!!! Rant over!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by Mustang Freak:
shaneyusa (1/19/23), wanted33 (1/25/23)
Old 1/19/23, 12:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
Curious as to where the part was manufactured that you went aftermarket with.
Old 1/19/23, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by houtex
Curious as to where the part was manufactured that you went aftermarket with.
I thought I Inferred That. Oh Well Ya It's Made in China as Well. Just Cheaper. Why Pay More For a China Part Just Because Ford Put Their Name on it! Sucks! Beats the Gorrilla Tape Holding it up now!

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 1/19/23 at 01:08 PM.
Old 1/19/23, 02:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

yep, better to pay cheap money for cheap Chinese stuff than to pay big money for the same cheap Chinese stuff, LOL
The following users liked this post:
shaneyusa (1/19/23)
Old 1/19/23, 03:44 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,126 Likes on 808 Posts
Yup the dealership(s) that I have trusted are also loosing all the folks that I have been dealing with over the years. Many have changed ownership. Some of the folks are taking retirement (if so many are early), some are just leaving. Of those just moving on, most are going to independent shops, not affiliated with a dealership. I am seeing the same jacking of prices and lowering standards at these dealerships, Ford and Jeep. Since all of my cars are now out of warranty, and the personal connections are pretty much gone, I too am thinking of heading to a trusted mechanic shop that I have used. Getting fed up with all the greedy businesses that do not value loyalty (in either direction) and don’t care about repeat customers.

Like was mentioned, make a statement with your choices, spend you $$ where they value your business.
The following 3 users liked this post by shaneyusa:
05stangkc (1/19/23), Siber Express (1/20/23), Stage_3 (1/21/23)
Old 1/20/23, 08:58 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,679 Posts
Originally Posted by shaneyusa
Yup the dealership(s) that I have trusted are also loosing all the folks that I have been dealing with over the years. Many have changed ownership. Some of the folks are taking retirement (if so many are early), some are just leaving. Of those just moving on, most are going to independent shops, not affiliated with a dealership. I am seeing the same jacking of prices and lowering standards at these dealerships, Ford and Jeep. Since all of my cars are now out of warranty, and the personal connections are pretty much gone, I too am thinking of heading to a trusted mechanic shop that I have used. Getting fed up with all the greedy businesses that do not value loyalty (in either direction) and don’t care about repeat customers.

Like was mentioned, make a statement with your choices, spend you $$ where they value your business.
Absolutely!