General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

It's still nasty at the dealerships.

Search this Thread

Old 1/2/22, 05:40 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 1,063 Likes on 666 Posts
It's still nasty at the dealerships.

I hate to think how many times I have test driven a Mustang or other Ford at the dealership without buying anything. I wonder what I have been called over the many years.
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/car-...153200005.html
The following 2 users liked this post by NC14GT:
m05fastbackGT (1/2/22), Stage_3 (1/2/22)
Old 1/2/22, 09:05 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,739 Likes on 1,235 Posts
Dealerships today suck big time!!!! Not all, but most do. Most. lol

I was going back and forth with a local dealership for 2 days about a '21 GT500. Almost the exact car I would have ordered. They have like 5 or 6 of them on the showroom floor. All with ADM, of course. The one I was looking at was about 6k ADM.
Anyways, after some back and forth, it didn't work out. It just seemed the way it was left off the first day, it seemed like they were willing to make a deal. Not so. Oh well,..........
Everything happens for a reason.
The following 2 users liked this post by Stage_3:
m05fastbackGT (1/2/22), NC14GT (1/3/22)
Old 1/2/22, 10:02 AM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,194 Likes on 1,763 Posts
Unfortunately the days of small volume/family owned dealerships are dying off and gradually being taken over by large volume dealership. One of my local Ford dealerships were family owned for over 50+years that always treated myself and my wife as loyal customers. They would always give us discounted rates off labor costs whenever our vehicles were in need of servicing along with providing free oil changes..
We also never had to pay MSRP when the time finally came to purchase a new vehicle. But since being taken over by the new ownership group, not only did they do away with providing free oil changes for their new and existing customers, but also increased their labor rates to $125.00 per hour. Under the previous ownership, labor rates were $75.00 per hour. If expecting to purchase a new vehicle under MSRP, you can pretty much forget about that as well, as these large volume dealerships could care less about providing good customer service and more about how much they make off of each sales commission.

Anyhow, just my $.02

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 1/2/22 at 10:03 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Stage_3 (1/2/22)
Old 1/2/22, 04:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 562 Likes on 364 Posts
BTW, I come from the trucking industry, Lot Lizard is something running around the truck stop AKA Commercial lady/man.
I go in with a X Plan pin and if I cannot beat the price I use it. I have been dealing with the same salesman and ownership at the dealer for a few cars. Then again that and $40,000 will get you off the lot with a $35,000 car

Last edited by Siber Express; 1/2/22 at 06:14 PM.
Old 1/3/22, 10:39 AM
BHF

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
Told to keep what I have

Not great dealer experience followed by advice to keep mine. I have a 2012 Boss 302
Looked online and local dealer listed a 2021 black Mach 1. Txted if it was still available. Txt came back that pictured a blue Mach. I replied blue was ok and I wanted to look at it. I really wanted to see what the Mach 1 had and was like. Made an appointment to see it.
Got to the dealer and the appointment was to look at a Mach E which I think is an insult to the mustang name. Turns out they don’t have a Mach 1 at all. Thee sales guy knows nothing about real mustangs and turns me over to a sales manager who is a Boss fanatic. He tells me I have a very special car and I should keep it. So I left and will definitely keep my boss and very likely won’t be back to that dealer anytime soon.
The following 3 users liked this post by BHF:
m05fastbackGT (1/4/22), NC14GT (1/3/22), shaneyusa (1/3/22)
Old 1/4/22, 11:17 AM

Sales people who know nothing about the vehicles they sell shouldn't even be in the car industry, to begin with anyhow. As mentioned in a previous post, all those sales people who work for these large volume dealerships are far more concerned about how much they make in sales commissions over having any real knowledge of the vehicles they sell nor know anything when it comes to what customer service is really all about.. Luckily for you, the sales manager you were turned over to just happen to be a Boss fanatic who knows just how special they really are..

In the end, you made the right decision by taking the manager's advice in keeping your Boss.. That being said, I wouldn't be planning on any future visits to that dealership anytime soon either.

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 1/4/22 at 01:17 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by m05fastbackGT:
NC14GT (1/5/22), Stage_3 (1/4/22)
Old 1/4/22, 07:20 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,300 Likes on 1,714 Posts
Back in '89 the salesman told me they didn't put a V8 in the Mustang because the car was too small for a big engine?!? Needless to say I never went back to that dealership!
The following 2 users liked this post by Mustang Freak:
NC14GT (1/5/22), Stage_3 (1/5/22)
Old 1/5/22, 10:07 AM

I would never go back either.. That sales guy was a complete idiot who knows nothing about cars.
Stage_3 (1/5/22)
Old 1/5/22, 10:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,556 Likes on 1,065 Posts
I always wonder: are they really that clueless, or are they lying on purpose?

in many ways, car salesmen are indistinguishable from politicians
The following 3 users liked this post by Bert:
m05fastbackGT (1/5/22), NC14GT (1/6/22), Stage_3 (1/5/22)
Old 1/5/22, 12:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
I always wonder: are they really that clueless, or are they lying on purpose?
As a (now former) IT guy for a dealership group, the answer is a resounding "yes".

They can be clueless and they won't be long for sales if they are. But the customers who truly *know* cars is not that high a percentage, so they actually can be a clueless sales person and still do ok. Most people aren't all that interested in buying a particular car with this or that color/options (like us Mustang aficionados), except they want that nav system for sure or such. And even then, sometimes they give up this or that option anyway. It's amazing how many people just buy what's on the lot and don't much care...

But mostly, yes, politician. What does a politician do best? Keep getting voted in. Such it is with a sales person. Keep you there until you leave with a new car, and lying their buttocks off to do it is part of the game. Even if it's the *stupidest* thing to you and me. Whatever it takes to keep you there, and if you're clueless, their 'clueless' (whether real or not) might just work and get that deal done! If it *convinces someone to buy*, it's not stupid, it's *advanced*.

---

That said, if you think it's all beauty and glamour from the customer, hoo boy. You customers (siphon with a large amount of negative pressure). Lemme tell ya, you guys come in the dealerships and try to mess us over left and right. It's amazing. It's *legion*. And if it's not caught, my goodness, the hammer that comes down from above is not one anyone wants to see... and yet, that hammer gets used so much it's stupid. Because customers are *wily*, and will do anything to (fasten two or more pieces with a spirally cut pointed shaft with a flanged head on one end) the dealership.

It's a real hate-hate relationship. We love our customers!

/Not all y'all. And not all sales people. But enough to keep the derision alive and well, yeppers.

(video related)

Last edited by houtex; 1/5/22 at 12:13 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by houtex:
Bert (1/5/22), m05fastbackGT (1/5/22)
Old 1/5/22, 08:57 PM

This
Old 1/6/22, 02:08 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

LOL
They emailed me yesterday. Like 5 days after we left off. I never emailed them back. (I thought I posted this here, but I guess not.)
The more I think about it,.........6k ADM is pretty ****ing stupid. I can buy a killer set of Signature Wheels for 6k. Trying to justify why I should/would pay more than the MSRP, which is what the manufacturer is asking. I don't know,................

m05fastbackGT (1/7/22)
Old 1/6/22, 06:10 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,300 Likes on 1,714 Posts
I've only paid sticker price one time and that was for Miss Scarlett. They wanted 5k ADM extra and I said I'll go elsewhere and they rescinded it.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mustang Freak:
m05fastbackGT (1/7/22), Stage_3 (1/7/22)
Old 1/7/22, 08:26 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
I've only paid sticker price one time and that was for Miss Scarlett. They wanted 5k ADM extra and I said I'll go elsewhere and they rescinded it.
Awesome man.
She's a beauty!!!
m05fastbackGT (1/7/22)
Old 1/7/22, 10:05 AM

Dealerships who think they can get over on you by charging 5k ADM seem to forget there's always other dealership besides theirs willing to earn a customer's business by not adding ADM's.
Once you bring this to their attention, chances are they'll rescind the ADM rather than risk losing out on the sale altogether.
Stage_3 (1/8/22)
Old 1/7/22, 03:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Dealerships who think they can get over on you by charging 5k ADM seem to forget there's always other dealership besides theirs willing to earn a customer's business by not adding ADM's.
Once you bring this to their attention, chances are they'll rescind the ADM rather than risk losing out on the sale altogether.
With the Bronco they were marking them up 10-15K around here and people were buying them, some that were ordered for customers that already had financing on their $52,000 Bronco going by the signed deal sheet and it comes in at $62,000 when it gets there. That was BS and I know the dealership and I won't even go there for parts anymore. I have not seen a Bronco, Mach E or a Maverick at the dealership I do business with since they do not have ADM but they are charging MSRP on all 3 and the average has been 8 or 9 hours after it arrives on dealer orders, Customer orders never go on the lot since not 1 that was ordered was not bought by that customer.
The following 2 users liked this post by Siber Express:
m05fastbackGT (1/8/22), Stage_3 (1/8/22)
Old 1/8/22, 11:14 AM

Meanwhile, the Bronco's aren't even limited production vehicles, to begin with. Therefore, if those stupid enough to pay 10-15k over MSRP? have nobody else to blame but themselves.
And for those customers who already had financing for 52k on the signed deal sheet, then comes in at 62k when they arrive, well IMHO that dealership should be sued for breach of contract as far as I'm concerned.
So yes, I totally agree with BS on the dealership's part and would never do business with them again either.. If necessary, I would travel outside my local area just in order to locate a dealership that can order a Bronco at MSRP or perhaps even below if possible
Stage_3 (1/9/22)
Old 1/8/22, 11:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Meanwhile, the Bronco's aren't even limited production vehicles, to begin with. Therefore, if those stupid enough to pay 10-15k over MSRP? have nobody else to blame but themselves.
And for those customers who already had financing for 52k on the signed deal sheet, then comes in at 62k when they arrive, well IMHO that dealership should be sued for breach of contract as far as I'm concerned.
So yes, I totally agree with BS on the dealership's part and would never do business with them again either.. If necessary, I would travel outside my local area just in order to locate a dealership that can order a Bronco at MSRP or perhaps even below if possible
Actually my friend whos Bronco I was quoting the 10K on was a Limited First Edition but it went for 15K over MSRP after it was on the lot. There was a little clause on said deal sheet about Limited production Vehicles Price adjustments that was added after the Higher HP GT500 came out in 2013. He found out they use it a lot on the SVT, Shelby and Bronco sales at said dealership.
I had an account in the parts department at this dealership that I got Jobber pricing at from when I was doing repairs. I slowed down on the repairs and FPG or Rock Auto are close enough for the few jobs I do now. All because of the ripoff ownership.
m05fastbackGT (1/8/22)
Old 1/8/22, 12:04 PM

So was your friend aware of that little clause on said deal sheet regarding price adjustments on limited production vehicles which unfortunately does include the Limited First Edition Bronco..
If he was unaware that the Limited First Edition Bronco was included in the clause? then the sales rep should had brought that to his attention before signing the deal sheet.

If however, your friend was aware? then unfortunately as much as it sucks, the deal sheet does state in the clause that price adjustments/ADM's can be added when it comes to limited production vehicles

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 1/8/22 at 12:06 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by m05fastbackGT:
Siber Express (1/8/22), Stage_3 (1/9/22)
Old 1/8/22, 03:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yep, that was 1 of the initial here, here and here boxes.
The following 3 users liked this post by Siber Express:
m05fastbackGT (1/8/22), NC14GT (1/9/22), Stage_3 (1/9/22)

Quick Reply: It's still nasty at the dealerships.