General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

It's still nasty at the dealerships.

Search this Thread

Old 2/6/22, 04:21 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Originally Posted by BHF
I’m not rich by any means but if I wanted to buy the Mach 1 I could. It is a gorgeous car but I have a Boss and an F Type for toys and really don’t need another non-daily driver. I was considering it but walked away because of the 20k dealer rip off. I’m sure I’m not alone in that regard.

I LOVE the Mach 1 cars. So nice.
No, you are not alone. I can afford a brand new GT500, but I will not pay an ADM. If it were an ADM 3k or less and exactly how I would have spec'd it, I would probably go for it.
The following users liked this post:
m05fastbackGT (2/8/22)
Old 2/6/22, 04:22 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

I forgot to post this earlier,.............

https://www.thedrive.com/news/44172/...dealer-markups
The following 2 users liked this post by Stage_3:
m05fastbackGT (2/8/22), NC14GT (2/7/22)
Old 2/7/22, 06:14 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 1,017 Likes on 632 Posts
^^^ I saw that too BUT will the dealerships listen or comply?? Sometimes it's just talk, but if serious it would be nice to see some inventory taken away from these rip-off dealers.

Thanks for the kind words earlier
The following 2 users liked this post by NC14GT:
m05fastbackGT (2/8/22), Stage_3 (2/7/22)
Old 2/7/22, 07:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
I was searching local brand new GT500 car, just for giggles now, I'm not looking to buy any more with a recession right over the horizon. Just for giggles.

They have a 2020 GT500, which looks killer, but it's missing the Handling package,.......they are asking like a 20K ADM. LMFAO
They also have a 2021 JFG Mach 1, which is stupid gorgeous!!! Almost a 30k ADM! LMFAO

What are these dealerships gonna do when the recession hits?!?! They'll be begging for us to buy their cars at below MSRP! lol
No, they won't. They'll be more than happy to sit on those specialty ones for the people who won't care, because even in recessions the fat cats stay fat, and spend just fine. It's one or two cars outta 100 or whatever their stock is. You can will get a nice ecoboost or two year old, matters not to them, as long as the sale keeps happening. The special car sits in the show room making people come in like the halo car it is. Yet another reason for the ADM: Car sticks around and is an attraction to get you in to the dealership for *any* potential sale.

You're thinking of the Everyman V8 GT. Those they might do the below MSRP thing, those they want to move if they have them... and if they're smart, they won't even buy them from the manufacturer in the first place.

Y'all gotta remember... dealerships are about the sales. Not about the big, special, halo sales. JUST the sales. All of them. Move them units. Keep production happy. If they don't move units, corporate will and does yank their license to sell/service under their umbrella. That your one sale doesn't go through because 'ADM unfair/stupid/?' doesn't matter at the end. If that's all you want, then you'll pay them or not, and they'll be juuust fine.

Still, fun to kibitz, eh?
Stage_3 (2/20/22)
Old 2/7/22, 01:47 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by NC07GTCS
^^^ I saw that too BUT will the dealerships listen or comply?? Sometimes it's just talk, but if serious it would be nice to see some inventory taken away from these rip-off dealers.

I don't think they will comply. They will once the recession hits. LOL

You're welcome my man.
Originally Posted by houtex
No, they won't.
I don't think they will comply. They will once the recession hits. LOL
Old 2/8/22, 09:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
RE: Ford/GM fighting markups... Dealerships will sue for their right. Here's why: Dealerships will correctly point out that if they sell the cars at no markup, the buyer will just turn around and sell it for the marked up price later. Thereby robbing the dealership of a profit they would otherwise have because they could have done that at the get go. Ford still makes their money either way, so it doesn't hurt them.

The dealership groups are a powerful entity themselves. They have fought Ford before and won. This is why the manufacturers cannot sell their cars directly. Ford tried to do this and the dealerships shut it down *quick*.

If Ford and GM think they can make the dealerships not do this... well there are fights and there are *fights*, and this is in the latter. Branding is one thing, but being generally upset because you can't get a GT500 or ZL1, and that causes people not buy a truck? C'mon.

This blustering too shall pass. Watch.
Stage_3 (2/20/22)
Old 2/8/22, 01:53 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,140 Likes on 1,720 Posts
Originally Posted by BHF
I’m not rich by any means but if I wanted to buy the Mach 1 I could. It is a gorgeous car but I have a Boss and an F Type for toys and really don’t need another non-daily driver. I was considering it but walked away because of the 20k dealer rip off. I’m sure I’m not alone in that regard.

You're far from alone.. As much as I love the Mach 1 and GT500, As far as I'm concerned, no Mustang variant/special edition is worth 20+ above MSRP.. Heck If bragging rights/belonging in the 700+ RWHP is that important? why not just upgrade to twin turbo or S/C on the standard Mustang GT rather than pay that outrageous 20k ADM

I LOVE the Mach 1 cars. So nice.
No, you are not alone. I can afford a brand new GT500, but I will not pay an ADM. If it were an ADM 3k or less and exactly how I would have spec'd it, I would probably go for it.
ADM's of 3k or less would be far more reasonable vs 20k Tony, no doubt!

That's definitely the million dollar question, would they actually comply

No, they won't. They'll be more than happy to sit on those specialty ones for the people who won't care, because even in recessions the fat cats stay fat, and spend just fine. It's one or two cars outta 100 or whatever their stock is. You can will get a nice ecoboost or two year old, matters not to them, as long as the sale keeps happening. The special car sits in the show room making people come in like the halo car it is. Yet another reason for the ADM: Car sticks around and is an attraction to get you in to the dealership for *any* potential sale.

You're thinking of the Everyman V8 GT. Those they might do the below MSRP thing, those they want to move if they have them... and if they're smart, they won't even buy them from the manufacturer in the first place.

Y'all gotta remember... dealerships are about the sales. Not about the big, special, halo sales. JUST the sales. All of them. Move them units. Keep production happy. If they don't move units, corporate will and does yank their license to sell/service under their umbrella. That your one sale doesn't go through because 'ADM unfair/stupid/?' doesn't matter at the end. If that's all you want, then you'll pay them or not, and they'll be juuust fine.

Still, fun to kibitz, eh?
Unfortunately, I also don't see corporate pulling licenses from dealerships over adding ADM's on specialty/limited edition vehicles.. Although It really sucks, the dealerships in question have every legal right to do so according to the contracts put in place by corporate.

RE: Ford/GM fighting markups... Dealerships will sue for their right. Here's why: Dealerships will correctly point out that if they sell the cars at no markup, the buyer will just turn around and sell it for the marked up price later. Thereby robbing the dealership of a profit they would otherwise have because they could have done that at the get go. Ford still makes their money either way, so it doesn't hurt them.

The dealership groups are a powerful entity themselves. They have fought Ford before and won. This is why the manufacturers cannot sell their cars directly. Ford tried to do this and the dealerships shut it down *quick*.

If Ford and GM think they can make the dealerships not do this... well there are fights and there are *fights*, and this is in the latter. Branding is one thing, but being generally upset because you can't get a GT500 or ZL1, and that causes people not buy a truck? C'mon.

This blustering too shall pass. Watch.
As mentioned above, the dealerships in question have every legal right in writing according to the contracts put in place by Ford corporate!
Old 2/8/22, 02:08 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

The dealerships can charge whatever they want and will continue to do so. Ford cannot tell them what to price the vehicles at.
m05fastbackGT (2/8/22)
Old 2/8/22, 02:28 PM

Unfortunately sad but true Tony!
Stage_3 (2/9/22)
Old 2/20/22, 04:13 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Ohhhhhhh,..............
I forgot to tell you guys. A friend of mine in New Jersey traded in his '19 Roush Stage 3 car for a '21 GT500. BEAUTIFUL car. He paid 5k ADM, in which he talked them down from 10k ADM.
I haven't looked in a while, in fact, I actually gave up on looking for one. Between the dealerships not having any because of the allocation bullcrap or because of the stupid ADM's. He sent me a link and the salesman info to the Twister Orange '21 GT500 that they had on the showroom floor. So, I email them on Friday after work about the Twister Orange. Salesman emails me back that there is a 25k ADM on that car. LMFAO

I was like,...............................

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for capitalism and all, but no way, no how am I paying for a car that was originally priced from the manufacturer at a certain price and then the price goes up another 25k. LOL (If I'm paying over 100k for a car, it's gonna be a Porsche GT3, my dream car.)
They have the freedom to charge that, and I have have the freedom to say, SO LONG SAILOR.
m05fastbackGT (2/21/22), NC14GT (2/21/22)
Old 2/21/22, 06:50 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 1,017 Likes on 632 Posts
Stage_3, don't give up. There is some dealer out there somewhere that will work for you. I hope.

Challenger and Charger shoppers just got a big surprise when a dealership in Hickory NC advised that they would order any new Challenger and charge $1,000 under sticker. No hidden fees, nothing extra. Most Hemi Challengers were going for thousands over sticker, just like Mustangs, and then this guy comes along. I imagine he is going to get flooded. I wonder if he knows any Ford dealers doing the same??
Here is a link of his thread if any interest. https://www.challengertalk.com/threa...rogram.695004/
The following 2 users liked this post by NC14GT:
m05fastbackGT (2/21/22), Stage_3 (2/21/22)
Old 2/21/22, 08:13 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Stage_3, don't give up. There is some dealer out there somewhere that will work for you. I hope.

Challenger and Charger shoppers just got a big surprise when a dealership in Hickory NC advised that they would order any new Challenger and charge $1,000 under sticker. No hidden fees, nothing extra. Most Hemi Challengers were going for thousands over sticker, just like Mustangs, and then this guy comes along. I imagine he is going to get flooded. I wonder if he knows any Ford dealers doing the same??
Here is a link of his thread if any interest. https://www.challengertalk.com/threa...rogram.695004/
Thanks, but I literally already gave up. The only reason I emailed that salesman was because my friend just bought a beautiful GT500 from them and sent me the link to the '21 Twister Orange GT500 and the salesman info.
That dealership was the 5th one I emailed. I tap out. LOL I literally should be able to go to any Ford dealership and place an order, depending on whether they are selling over MSRP. Just like you can for a '23 Z06/Z07 car and the '22 Jailbreak car. (I kinda love the '23 Z06/Z07 car, but it will be out of my pay grade. $130k - $150k.I've always loved the Z06/Z07 cars.)
I know it's Ford's flagship car and they are limited. Too bad, I would have one in my garage. It is what it is. The good news is, I'll have the Roush paid off this year. Either October or November, the latest. Last payment due is January 2025.

Yes, that dealership have been giving out deals for a while. There is also another giving out killer deals for the Hellcat cars. Koons in Tysons Corner is giving out great discounts. Pretty awesome.
I emailed my local dealership about ordering a '22 Jailbreak car and they told me 3k ADM.
SO LONG SAILOR! lol I am still in love with the shape and the design of the S550 Mustang. The Hellcat Challengers are okay. Not in love with every different angle on the car. I do LOVE the Hellcat Chargers though.
m05fastbackGT (2/21/22), NC14GT (2/22/22)
Old 2/21/22, 11:39 AM

Tony! You have a very awesome "19" stage 3 Roush that you keep in very pristine condition with very low mileage that is nearly paid off.. If I were in your place, I'd be more than satisfied with your Roush stage 3 and just keep her
The following 4 users liked this post by m05fastbackGT:
Bert (2/21/22), NC14GT (2/22/22), shaneyusa (2/22/22), Stage_3 (2/21/22)
Old 2/21/22, 02:45 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Tony! You have a very awesome "19" stage 3 Roush that you keep in very pristine condition with very low mileage that is nearly paid off.. If I were in your place, I'd be more than satisfied with your Roush stage 3 and just keep her
Thanks my brother. I am thinking that is the route I should take.
Maybe I'll save some money for a while,.......for a change. lol
m05fastbackGT (2/21/22), NC14GT (2/22/22)
Old 2/21/22, 02:58 PM

Thanks my brother. I am thinking that is the route I should take.
Maybe I'll save some money for a while,.......for a change. lol
Tony! I meant every single word straight from the heart brother
Stage_3 (2/22/22)
Old 2/22/22, 01:57 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Tony! I meant every single word straight from the heart brother
My man,..............

m05fastbackGT (2/22/22)
Old 2/22/22, 02:30 PM

My man,..............

Ditto.......
Stage_3 (2/23/22)
Old 1/5/23, 07:26 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The market's tough now and it's well seen in the latest figures and the rise of the used car market. The cost of living has been rising for the last couple of months and most people cannot afford to buy a new expensive car anymore. I also need a car now but I don't know which one to choose and I am not even sure they will sell it to me because I don't have a license yet. SPAM REMOVED? There are some really good offers out there and I don't want to let them go just because I don't have a license yet. Are there any exceptions to the rules?

Last edited by AdamZuN; 1/6/23 at 02:16 AM.
Old 1/5/23, 07:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,529 Likes on 1,047 Posts
still waiting for the bubble to burst ... kinda amazed that it has not happened yet ... I guess we can thank our government for continuing to pump money into the system ... the bigger the bubble, the bigger the burst, this one could be ugly
The following 2 users liked this post by Bert:
NC14GT (1/5/23), shaneyusa (1/5/23)
Old 1/5/23, 05:24 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,126 Likes on 808 Posts
Hope you are right Bert, but I am thinking the dealers are jacking the prices on high performance ICE cars because they are thinking that it is like 1971. They want us all to believe that the good high performance ICE cars are a dying bred, and value is only going to go up. You know since they are all announcing the run is ending. They will quit building any more to focus on electric.

I would like to see the bottom drop out of this so I can pick up a few beauty's a basement prices... Not counting on it though.

Last edited by shaneyusa; 1/5/23 at 05:25 PM.
Glenn (1/6/23)

Quick Reply: It's still nasty at the dealerships.