General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

I'm done dealing with American Muscle

Search this Thread

Old 6/13/14 | 01:50 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
I do not blame the OP for coming to the forums with his issue. In a perfect world it would have never got past the first phone call. Clearly that was not the case and it definitely upsets me. However, this feedback is important to me and will absolutely help us get as close to "perfect" as we possibly can.

Whether the OP PM'd me his issue or posted publicly, my response would have been the same. I want to make sure he's taken care of ASAP. As soon as I get his order number this will be squared away!

-Dan
Your Right. Some times things get dropped but int he end if its made right that's what counts. I know it is frustrating.

For all that Criticized.. Get a Life.

Vader sounds like your in good Hands. AM did the right thing. But I bet if you would of got to the right person at AM to begin with this would of never happened.

Last edited by Jazzman442; 6/13/14 at 01:51 PM.
Old 6/13/14 | 02:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Vader99
No offense, but you're not talking to a kid and I don't appreciate condescending comments. I didn't order from AM to save a couple bucks. I ordered from them because I liked the products I had purchased from them. I'm also well aware of how a call center and warehouse works. I'd prefer if there was a shop anywhere near me that was anything close to being like AM, but there isn't. Good for you if you have a place like that close to you. It's not not like it was an inconvenience for only a few days, it was over a couple months. I might feel different if AM had contacted me in a reasonable period of time after the transaction to tell me they had refunded my money in error and charged my account again. I don't consider six months a reasonable period of time.
There was nothing condescending in it Vader. Quit being so thin skinned. That might be why you're so upset about this whole matter in the first place. At any rate, when I said people shop the internet to save a couple bucks I was speaking in general, not about you specifically. Secondly, I don't have a Mustang specific store near my location, I wish I did. That again was an example and speaking in general. I have to use places like American Muscle if I want after market parts for my Mustang. Nobody here is trying to say you haven't had a frustrating experience. We are just saying "it happens, get over it and move on." This is what happens sometimes when you buy stuff off of the internet. It comes with the territory and it's not likely to change. They don't have the headlamps you want, either get your money back or get another set of headlamps that works for you. Problem solved.
Old 6/13/14 | 02:54 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Automatic 5.0
I ordered some McNuggets for my daughter and they asked what kind of sauce so we told them bar-b-que. They gave us the order and we drove off. When we got home, there was no bar-b-que. I was beyond upset and we made a voodoo doll of Ron McD and burned it. That frikkin' clown is going down, I tell you!
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
You should have called 911
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Some people actually do call 911 for stuff like that!
Old 6/13/14 | 05:12 PM
GT Member

Honestly, I probably should've handled this better and pm'd at least one of the AM guys, but sometimes you've got to vent somewhere. I'll see what happens.
Old 6/13/14 | 05:38 PM
Banned

Honestly, I probably should've handled this better and pm'd at least one of the AM guys, but sometimes you've got to vent somewhere. I'll see what happens.
Perfectly understandable. I always find that exercise helps me get **** out of my system.
Old 6/15/14 | 12:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

It happens to us all from time to time. But, we learn through out our lives. I'm sure everything will work out for you.
Old 6/15/14 | 06:02 PM

I have made many other transactions with American Muscle without any issues.
Not to bandwagon this but AM has done good by me...
Old 6/16/14 | 08:10 AM
Former Vendor

We don't blame you at all. Venting is necessary sometimes. Just understand that no matter how you reach out to me I'll make it right. You can feel free to shoot me a PM anytime!

I have your order number and have reached out to my CS Manager. You'll be hearing from him today!

Hope this helps.

-Dan
Old 6/16/14 | 11:55 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
We don't blame you at all. Venting is necessary sometimes. Just understand that no matter how you reach out to me I'll make it right. You can feel free to shoot me a PM anytime!

I have your order number and have reached out to my CS Manager. You'll be hearing from him today!

Hope this helps.

-Dan
I sent two pm's titled "headlight mixup" I hope you got them. Thanks
Old 6/16/14 | 12:00 PM
GT Member

Duh, maybe I should have finished reading your post. Thank you AMDanBailer
Old 6/17/14 | 09:07 AM
Former Vendor

Duh, maybe I should have finished reading your post. Thank you AMDanBailer
Sure thing! Not a problem at all. You'll be all squared away very quickly!

-Dan
Old 6/17/14 | 09:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jsimmons
Dan from AM has chimed in, and seems willing to see what he can do to take care of it. Yeah, it's a shame it came down to a public post on a forum, but what I think we can all take away from this is a PM to the local AM rep may work better than a public post. In the mean time, grow-the-f*ck-up.
Definitely agree here. On my last order from AM stuff totally kept getting messed up with my orders and it went on for a few weeks. Pm'd Shane and he handled it that day. Sent me the correct shirt, told me to keep the wrong one AM sent and over nighted my midpipe to me. Can't get better CS than that imo

Edit: Shane also called me the next day to find out if it had showed up yet and to lEt me know everything was all good and taken care of

Last edited by LivinTheStangLife; 6/17/14 at 10:03 AM.