General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

I'm done dealing with American Muscle

Search this Thread

Old 6/12/14, 03:56 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm done dealing with American Muscle

Last year I purchased a set of dark smoked headlights and after only a few months the reflective surface inside the housing was falling off. After contacting American Muscle they said said they would replace the headlights free of charge and sent me new replacements. The headlights I received however were not the same as the ones I ordered, So I contacted them again and again they sent me the wrong product. I contacted them a third time to see what the problem was and was told the was a mixup in the warehouse, but they would track it down and send me another set when that was figured out. So I set the two incorrect sets back. Then the third set was delivered, still wrong. I contacted American Muscle and left a message. The person that turned my call basically told me I was a liar that American Muscle didn't sell the headlights I had purchased from them, even though there is a picture of my car in the customers pictures featuring the headlights I wanted replaced. Them I was told those were discontinued due to the markers not being amber colored. I said "ok, fine", I mean I can't really argue with that and they took the charge for the headlights off of my account. I figured it was cool considering all the trouble. That was around Thanksgiving or Christmas last year and today after six months American Muscle sends me an email saying They made a mistake in crediting my account and they will now charge the account. I've spent the last dime I'm going to give American Muscle.
Old 6/12/14, 04:39 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
No offense but I hate when these sort of threads pop up. It's not the way you should be handling it because people forget how many satisfactory transactions are made by AM.

It stains their rep...honestly, they don't deserve it as they are a stellar company.

Sorry, hope it works out though.
Old 6/12/14, 04:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have ordered from AM in the past with no problems...
Old 6/12/14, 04:49 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Getportfolio
No offense but I hate when these sort of threads pop up. It's not the way you should be handling it because people forget how many satisfactory transactions are made by AM.

It stains their rep...honestly, they don't deserve it as they are a stellar company.

Sorry, hope it works out though.
How else should they be handling it? No one else is allowed to have a poor review of them because you think they are great? If what the poster said is true, perhaps they deserve a bit of a "stain" on their reputation. It sounds like this has been ongoing for quite some time, not exactly a knee-jerk reaction from the OP.
Old 6/12/14, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Joeywhat
How else should they be handling it? No one else is allowed to have a poor review of them because you think they are great? If what the poster said is true, perhaps they deserve a bit of a "stain" on their reputation. It sounds like this has been ongoing for quite some time, not exactly a knee-jerk reaction from the OP.
Because it invites random members who only hear "one side" of the story to jump on the bashing band wagon.

Hmmm, go figure.

Remind me to tell you about my ex sometime. You'll swear she's Satan.

It's all in the way I portray it to you.
Old 6/12/14, 04:55 PM

Please lock
Old 6/12/14, 04:58 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Joeywhat
The poster is giving their side of the story--and usually, when the story involves money, the pertinent details are left out. It's one-sided; I've had no problems with AM and have dealt with them more than once, as have most of the people on here who have used their services. What's AM going to do, respond to the guy's thread by calling him a liar and airing the monetary details to prove they're not at fault? It's his word against theirs even if they do. I don't know this guy (or anyone on here except for a few individuals) from Adam and I'm sure as hell not going to simply take his word about his experiences, but when people do this kind of thing, there are those who won't do their own homework and will simply take this post as gospel and avoid AM outright. It's irresponsible at the very best. If he has a problem with them, then he needs to handle it with them, not cry about it on a message board.
Old 6/12/14, 05:02 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Remind me to tell you about my ex sometime. You'll swear she's Satan.
I didn't know I had a brother-in-law on this forum. I married her sister.

Swapped her for my 2014 GT 'vert. It was a good trade.

Tom
Old 6/12/14, 05:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
I didn't know I had a brother-in-law on this forum. I married her sister.

Swapped her for my 2014 GT 'vert. It was a good trade.

Tom
I've never had any problems with American Muscle myself and amen on the above post. The first time some woman says "You've got to get rid of your Mustang and get something sensible." she'll be outta here like a fat girl in a dodge ball game.

Last edited by White2010; 6/12/14 at 06:17 PM.
Old 6/12/14, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by White2010
I've never had any problems with American Muscle myself and amen on the above post. The first time some woman says "You've got to get rid of you Mustang and get something sensible." she'll be outta here like a fat girl in a dodge ball game.
Best post ever .

Sadly, I've been there and done that.
Old 6/12/14, 06:20 PM
GT Member

I have made many other transactions with American Muscle without any issues.
Old 6/12/14, 06:24 PM
GT Member

What details do you think I left out? Please tell me or ask.
Old 6/12/14, 06:27 PM
GT Member

And I'd love AM to give their side on this.
Old 6/12/14, 06:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
The poster is giving their side of the story--and usually, when the story involves money, the pertinent details are left out. It's one-sided; I've had no problems with AM and have dealt with them more than once, as have most of the people on here who have used their services. What's AM going to do, respond to the guy's thread by calling him a liar and airing the monetary details to prove they're not at fault? It's his word against theirs even if they do. I don't know this guy (or anyone on here except for a few individuals) from Adam and I'm sure as hell not going to simply take his word about his experiences, but when people do this kind of thing, there are those who won't do their own homework and will simply take this post as gospel and avoid AM outright. It's irresponsible at the very best. If he has a problem with them, then he needs to handle it with them, not cry about it on a message board.
Maybe we should all get together and share stories. With beer of course. Do you want to be my friend? Kumbia

Last edited by GrnT; 6/12/14 at 06:35 PM.
Old 6/12/14, 06:38 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
If you read the post I have dealt with them on this issue. If someone takes this as gospel that's AM's problem. I'd love to share the voicemail I got from them telling me they never sold dark tinted headlights with clear markers when there is a picture of my car with them on their website. I'd like to know what facts I've left out since it's so "one sided".

Last edited by Vader99; 6/12/14 at 06:52 PM.
Old 6/12/14, 06:55 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
I've heard and supported members with issues with AM. I've also ordered from them a couple of times and it shipped almost immediately and arrived timely.

This particular post sounds like it's blown out of proportion by the customer. First off it bugs me when he says they "basically" called him a lier. Aka, they didn't. Also I find it annoying that he didn't get what was going on. Obviously they revised the headlight. They wouldn't be sending out the wrong one that many times. Just because every single CS rep at AM doesn't know every single product they have and have ever carried doesn't mean they are calling you a lier.

I think it's above and beyond to send out new lights, no questions asked, twice. Shipping ain't cheap. Then to completely refund a product that he had for months.

Now I get that this new email is odd and 6 months later they want to charge him again. BUT he hasn't even called then about this. I'm sure it's a mistake or something he can easily get them to reverse. If he called and they still wanted to recharge, go ahead and post. But not before then.

Last edited by typesredline; 6/12/14 at 07:01 PM.
Old 6/12/14, 06:55 PM
GT Member

I will be calling them tomorrow when I get a chance.
Old 6/12/14, 06:57 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
This always happens *sigh*

You tell a story and people give opinions

It's a forum. It's the internet.
Old 6/12/14, 07:08 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by typesredline
I've heard the issues with AM. I've also ordered from them a couple of times and it shipped almost immediately and arrived timely.

This particular post sounds like it's blown out of proportion by the customer. First off it bugs me when he says they "basically" called him a lier. Aka, they didn't. Also I find it annoying that he didn't get what was going on. Obviously they revised the headlight. They wouldn't be sending out the wrong one that many times.

I think it's above and beyond to send out new lights, no questions asked, twice. Shipping ain't cheap. Then to completely refund a product that he had for months.

Now I get that this new email is odd and 6 months later they want to charge him again. BUT he hasn't even called then about this. I'm sure it's a mistake or something he can easily get them to reverse. If he called and they still wanted to recharge, go ahead and post. But not before then.
The guy left a message on my voicemail and said "we've never sold dark tinted headlights with clear side markers". I'd say that's basically calling me a liar wouldn't you? And it wasn't "no questions asked" I had to send pictures to prove it before I sent them the original set to be approved for another set. The set they sent me 3 times was a different part #, but after telling me the headlights I had purchased had been discontinued AM still had the old part# on the website. Btw, it was almost 5pm here in Tx and after hours to talk to anyone there when I got the email. After that I made my original post.

Last edited by Vader99; 6/12/14 at 07:31 PM.
Old 6/12/14, 07:34 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vader99
The guy left a message on my voicemail and said "we've never sold dark tinted headlights with clear side markers". I'd say that's basically calling me a liar wouldn't you? And it wasn't "no questions asked" I had to send pictures to prove it before I sent them the original set to be approved for another set. The set they sent me 3 times was a different part #, but after telling me the headlights I had purchased had been discontinued AM still had the old part# on the website.
Vader you are dealing with a huge company that has many thousands of parts and potentially millions of customers. What you have encountered is just a case of bureaucracy. Nobody is doubting your story or that its frustrating. I think all that we are saying is that this sort of thing happens and maybe you should pick another set of headlamps that suit your tastes. This is also the problem with buying things off of the internet. There is much to be said for a good old fashioned brick and mortar store where you go in and you know before you put your money down that the part you are about to buy is the part you want or need. But in this modern age everyone thinks that shopping online is the greatest thing ever because they save 2 bucks and don't have to leave the house. It has its drawbacks though and that's what you are experiencing now.

Do you think that the people you are on the phone with are sitting in the warehouse with all the parts? No. You are on the phone with some sales staff weenie who never even sees the parts. He or she is looking at a computer screen just like you. Do you think the sales staff are all Mustang owners, Mustang experts and Mustang enthusiasts? No, its just a job to them. Most of them couldn't care less about your car or your parts. They punch in a part number and send a ship order over to the warehouse. Again I know its frustrating as hell because I've been through this sort of thing too but you have to keep in mind that for the most part their system works. People order parts and they get the parts the want and they save their two bucks.

Last edited by White2010; 6/12/14 at 07:45 PM.

Quick Reply: I'm done dealing with American Muscle