General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

I don't street race. Stop buggin' me already.

Search this Thread

Old 6/24/12, 03:26 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I wont go street racing. But have been known to kill a few cars just messing around on the hwy or a "random" red light meet up.
Old 6/24/12, 05:25 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ill do the "spped limit run" on the highway from time to time. Or a red light on a backroad. But thats on rare occasions
Old 6/24/12, 07:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
I wont go street racing. But have been known to kill a few cars just messing around on the hwy or a "random" red light meet up.
That is still Street Racing
Old 6/24/12, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by R3troGT

That is still Street Racing
I prefer to call it street sprinting.
Old 6/24/12, 10:49 PM
GT Member

Doesn't happen to me, guess they figure an old man like me has more sense.
Old 6/24/12, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by White05GT
Doesn't happen to me, guess they figure an old man like me has more sense.
I like corvettes. They just can't help themselves but try me.
Old 6/25/12, 01:47 PM

The stupidity must be in the air, I swear... I've had my 2013 for a month, and can't believe how many idiots pull up to try and race, revving the hell out of whatever they're driving. My only guess is that the bright grabber blue and dual exhaust is an open invite to these morons...

Oddly enough, people do this in trucks too. My lifted F150 that I traded in for my Stang, was a magnet for this crap too. My boyfriend hated driving it for this reason as well. For lugging around 35" mud terrains, it was a fast ****... I had it re geared with a programmer, cai, etc... I could chirp those 35's, but didn't feel the need to show off.
Old 6/25/12, 04:50 PM

Haha I've only had a Mustang for six months now and I already know what you guys are talking about I can't even go to Walmart without some idiot in a Honda or a pickup trying to get me to race them.
Old 6/25/12, 05:39 PM
GT Member

I'm up in Ontario too, and know the stresses of idiots that want to prove they have something between their legs. 20 years ago I used to mess around on empty farm roads, good luck finding one of those anymore near Toronto, but now I just turn up the radio a little to drown out the coffee can blowing at me.

The only time I'll give it a little throttle burp is when I see a couple little kids on the corner staring and pointing, pulling at their parents hands. Always gets a smile.
Old 6/26/12, 05:51 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't see the big deal with running on the street, as long as its on a dead, straight, road. Obviously you don't wanna get anyone hurt or damage anything. I mean if you ever come to Daytona during Turkey Rod, there are organized drag races allllllll night every night once traffic dies. I mean yea it's illegal, yea it can be dangerous, but so is driving after having had "a couple" drinks, drinking when you're in high school, doing other bs drugs, txting or talking on the phone while driving, eating while driving, the list goes on. Running on the street comes with the car you bought. It's just part of having a muscle car, read up on it. If it really bothers you that people want to run you on the street, you need to go to the nearest Toyota dealership, trade your car in on a Prius, and turn in your man card.
Old 6/26/12, 05:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Flagstang
lucky.. thats more then I did and I got an amazingly high ticket.. not worth the risk.
Which is exactly why you don't stop lol
Old 6/26/12, 07:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

I like what you are saying, but consider that in many places, just being involved means you are responsible even if the other guy gets hurt or hurts someone else. You are right, there are lots of other ways to get in trouble. Its like I told my son, with great power comes great responsibility. Enjoy responsibly
Old 6/26/12, 07:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by max5ive0
I like what you are saying, but consider that in many places, just being involved means you are responsible even if the other guy gets hurt or hurts someone else. You are right, there are lots of other ways to get in trouble. Its like I told my son, with great power comes great responsibility. Enjoy responsibly
Yea no doubt. Consummated nicely. I'm certainly not saying that you need to run everyone that pipes you, but under certain circumstances it's ok to say "**** it why not." Which I think most people can agree with.
Old 6/26/12, 08:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
Originally Posted by muscledom
I don't see the big deal with running on the street, as long as its on a dead, straight, road. Obviously you don't wanna get anyone hurt or damage anything. I mean if you ever come to Daytona during Turkey Rod, there are organized drag races allllllll night every night once traffic dies. I mean yea it's illegal, yea it can be dangerous, but so is driving after having had "a couple" drinks, drinking when you're in high school, doing other bs drugs, txting or talking on the phone while driving, eating while driving, the list goes on. Running on the street comes with the car you bought. It's just part of having a muscle car, read up on it. If it really bothers you that people want to run you on the street, you need to go to the nearest Toyota dealership, trade your car in on a Prius, and turn in your man card.
I give this about a 5 on the troll scale, first off.

But then, I'mma respond anyway.

It is *not* part of having a muscle car. I don't know where you get that stupidness from. It's not legal, and there's no law/rule/owners manual item that says you have to do this crap. Take it to a track.

It doesn't terribly bother me others want to race, but it does when it's obvious that Doofus McIdiot can't take a FRACKING CLUE that I don't wanna do that. Go away, you're a yapping chihuahua, moron, with your FrankenStang that's not even close to my car's pedigree of worth and Awesomeness... and *can*, in fact, obviously kick your car's [behind parts], as because I know cars, that car doesn't have a chance. I don't need to race to see that.

And the day I turn in my "man card" for being a decent human being that understands quite well that the OTHER idiot who pulls out in front of me causing a giant trainwreck of carnage, OR something mechanical happens that causes me to run into a phone pole, all because I was being "manly" and street racing?

Yeah. That is going to be a cold day in a certain Underworld location, for sure. It is unmanly to be stupid, and THAT's who should turn in their "man cards". "Man card" <> being illegal and stupid.

Real men do things right. I doubt you'll find a ton of others to support your opinion about street racing here.

/Mods, feel free to lock this one now. As the OP, I kinda wish it closed if this is the thing we're gettin' into, as it's turning into a 'Street Racing is ok!' type discussion, and I don't approve of it.
//Clicking the 'notify' thing on my own post to make them aware.

Last edited by houtex; 6/26/12 at 08:12 PM.
Old 6/26/12, 08:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by houtex

I give this about a 5 on the troll scale, first off.

But then, I'mma respond anyway.

It is *not* part of having a muscle car. I don't know where you get that stupidness from. It's not legal, and there's no law/rule/owners manual item that says you have to do this crap. Take it to a track.

It doesn't terribly bother me others want to race, but it does when it's obvious that Doofus McIdiot can't take a FRACKING CLUE that I don't wanna do that. Go away, you're a yapping chihuahua, moron, with your FrankenStang that's not even close to my car's pedigree of worth and Awesomeness... and *can*, in fact, obviously kick your car's [behind parts], as because I know cars, that car doesn't have a chance. I don't need to race to see that.

And the day I turn in my "man card" for being a decent human being that understands quite well that the OTHER idiot who pulls out in front of me causing a giant trainwreck of carnage, OR something mechanical happens that causes me to run into a phone pole, all because I was being "manly" and street racing?

Yeah. That is going to be a cold day in a certain Underworld location, for sure. It is unmanly to be stupid, and THAT's who should turn in their "man cards". "Man card" <> being illegal and stupid.

Real men do things right. I doubt you'll find a ton of others to support your opinion about street racing here.

/Mods, feel free to lock this one now. As the OP, I kinda wish it closed if this is the thing we're gettin' into, as it's turning into a 'Street Racing is ok!' type discussion, and I don't approve of it.
//Clicking the 'notify' thing on my own post to make them aware.
It's a big world out there buddy. It's ok to live a little bit. Go to church pal. Wow that's great that you know cars, I guess you can see right through the hood lol. Didn't realize that you could tell what size shot of nitrous a guy is running by examining glint of sunshine on the hood. You are probably the least intelligent person I've encountered on this forum, congratulations buddy lol. You and your apparent Super Snake lmao. You do belong in a Prius hahaha

Last edited by muscledom; 6/26/12 at 08:34 PM.