General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Hot Rod...

Search this Thread

Old 6/5/06, 07:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Hot Rod...

Hi guys, just picked up a new issue of Hot Rod. There's an article/test drive of the 07 Shelby Mustang.

It seems FRPP is making power packs for the new Shelby, like they do for the regular GT. Apparently, it will contain a new belt/pulley for the blower, new exhaust, and some kinda computer tuning. There'll also be a kit with springs/shocks to help handling. I think it's a good idea, consdering how much of a pig the Shelby is. It has only a bit more lateral grip than an old Shelby, surprisingly, even with 18" radial tires and chassis stiffening mods. The new Charger R/T is the same way...

Also, they had Photoshopped images of a new Trans Am (in white/blue on the cover, black/gold inside), a new Cougar (in white), and a new 'Cuda (in purple). I have to say, all of them looked worlds better than their current counterparts.

You should check it out.
Old 6/5/06, 10:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I picked it up this weekend too. I saw something about "GT500 bolt-ons" and I thought they were going to be talking about bolt on GT500 parts for the GT (tranny, suspension, etc.) Then I when I read it, was a bit bummed to read it was bolt ons for the GT500, including a "Super Pack" - a 3.3 L Whipple. They did confirm there would be supercharger for the GT.
Old 6/8/06, 09:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm going to have to say that this site brings better and more accurate information in regards to new car/mustang news than car magazines. did anyone see the article on the 816 naturally aspirated windsor? the really didn't even stroke it that much, I think it was a 374?