General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Exhibition Driving Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 12/14/07, 10:32 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Exhibition Driving Anyone?

So here is snowy Minnesota, the roads tend to get a little slippery and icy. My buddy was out driving, me in the car, in his 97 SVO-charged GT and was driving down a neighborhood road. About 30 yards ahead we see a group of people walking down the middle of the road, so he says lets turn around. We do a nice on-axis 180 and turn around (no one even close to the car or close to being "endangered") and in the rear view mirror we see a guy flipping his flashlight on and off. About 2 minutes later on the way out of the neighborhood we are pulled over by a cop (who happens to love his 'cuda and his so called "stock dodge charger
R/T that he says to have 340 to the wheels" ) that was radioed to look for the car. The officer asked how much power my friend had under the hood, with him politely responding with 312 at the tires, trying to compare the charger behind us to the stang. It was quite an entertaining conversation between the officer and my friend, as it slowly turned into a
Mopar v. Ford battle. All and all he ended up getting an exhibition driving ticket. Has anyone gotten a citation for this and gotten the ticket dismissed? If so how did you do this? BTW the ticket did not say how much the fine was for and was nowhere to be found on any of the materials the the officer handed us. Any help is appreciated.
Old 12/15/07, 01:39 PM
Cobra Member

Buehler? Buehler?
Old 12/15/07, 04:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
I always thought unless you tell on yourself, the cops couldn't do any thing about what some one else said you were doing?
Old 12/15/07, 04:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think another officer saw it, and was probably the one with the flashlight.
Old 12/16/07, 08:45 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by theedge67
I think another officer saw it, and was probably the one with the flashlight.

Correct. The one with the flashlight radioed ahead to another officer waiting by the exit of the neighborhood. It seemed as though there was a party being busted up in that neighborhood or something and there were about 4 or 5 cop cars there. Talk about bad luck .