General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Does anyone, epsecially Texans, live in an HOA neighborhood?

Search this Thread

Old 5/13/14, 08:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tbear853
Reading this I see how blessed I have been .... 14 miles to nearest small city, 45 min by interstate to nearest large city, I can go out and pop off a few rounds with no worry, great neighbors next door a few hundred feet away, next nearest is a few hundred yards ..... and I had to read a few posts to understand what a HOA was ..... I forgot they existed.
closest neighbor is about a mile away. Downtown San Antonio is 50 miles. The first 35 miles at 75MPH. The rest depends on how many people are on the roads Most folks around here measure distance by time
Old 5/13/14, 09:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
Yeah, Seminole is pretty boring. I guess I moved away to UNT before yall moved there. Lol, Sebastian is my name.

Cool. You still have family here you visit?
Old 5/13/14, 09:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by tbear853
I wasn't slamming HOAs. Y'all may find a HOA that's just your cup of tea. I'm just happy that I don't have to live life to suit one. I have read or heard about them in news or other stories and I long ago came to realize I could not give up the freedom I enjoy for that convenience. But yeah, I know that there are people who prefer them to more traditional neighborhoods and there are those who will make the trade out of desperation. Besides, Audie Leon Murphy got his start in that area so you know there's good stock there somewhere (I got my start a good bit south and west of there, but still in Texas).

But since .... I don't have 2 daughters in college & I am not moving to Denton & the "Wife Unit" and I built our home & our idea of "action" (never really applied that word in this way myself) usually involves "us time" or wheels (two, three, or four usually ... and lasting hours or days, and occasionally weeks) .... pay me no mind.

I do hope that you and your hubby find the idea home to suit your family for a long time, even well past the college years that will literally "fly by".
Lol, I did not think you were slamming HOAs. If you did, that is fine. I've slammed them myself without ever having lived in one. I never wanted to live in one, but it was hard to find a good house that was not in one. I would have loved to have found a house that had a good amount of space between neighbors or no neighbors at all. I would like some seclusion but be close to a big city.

I don't know if an hoa will be my cup of tea but I will find out soon. We found a nice house with everything we wanted, but the neighborhood is so tightly packed. Exactly what I did not want. But we don't have the leisure time wait and look for other houses.

We were hoping to find our 'forever' house. It's a nice house, nicer and larger than anything we have lived in. But I don't think this will be it.

Time does fly. Can't believe my daughter has done two years already. She is very happy to get out of the dorm and live at home again. She already has made her plans on how she wants to paint her room. The inside we are free to do whatever we want. But the outside, can't do a thing without the hoa stamp of approval.
Old 5/13/14, 10:07 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Mama

Cool. You still have family here you visit?
Yeah, although they come visit me more often than I go over there. I think it's been almost 2 years since I've been back. That town just isn't for me...
Old 5/13/14, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just curious what area you guys ended up settling in? Im looking at a job in Lewisville, so the wife and I will be house hunting real soon with any luck. Looking at the little elm area.
Old 5/13/14, 05:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Xplosiv
just curious what area you guys ended up settling in? Im looking at a job in Lewisville, so the wife and I will be house hunting real soon with any luck. Looking at the little elm area.
We settled in Justin/Ft. Worth. Got more house for our money. If you are looking at houses online, use realtor.com. My realtor told me to use that one because it is the most updated. Make sure to check the status which should say active. If anything other, ex: active contingent, then the house is already under contract. I was looking on Truila. They still had houses listed that had been sold for a long time. The housing market move fast there. Good luck on your house search.