General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Do average Joes on the road wanna "drag" u??!!??

Search this Thread

Old 9/3/14, 09:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wheelman
BS. The passing lane is just that: a passing lane. The other lanes are for traveling. If you're not passing, get the eff over. If you aren't a cop, you have no say over people speeding in the passing lane. If people stuck to this, there would be less traffic and fewer accidents. I stick to the right and pass on the left as much as traffic, idiots and aholes allow.
One lane is for traveling and one lane is for passing? LMAO

That's so moronic I can't even fathom how you came up with it.

Look I fully agree that people who drive slow in the left lane are complete jerks. I also agree about the people who pace another car to prevent you from passing are complete jerks. But I also know that the left lane is not there for you to speed. If you just can't bring yourself to do the speed limit, you're the problem.
Old 9/3/14, 11:21 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
The passing lane is just that: a passing lane. The other lanes are for traveling. If you're not passing, get the eff over. If you aren't a cop, you have no say over people speeding in the passing lane. If people stuck to this, there would be less traffic and fewer accidents. I stick to the right and pass on the left as much as traffic, idiots and aholes allow.

Originally Posted by awoychosky123
I agree!!!!

I double agree

Last edited by DarrenGT; 9/3/14 at 11:22 PM.
Old 9/4/14, 12:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by White2010

Look I fully agree that people who drive slow in the left lane are complete jerks. I also agree about the people who pace another car to prevent you from passing are complete jerks. But I also know that the left lane is not there for you to speed. If you just can't bring yourself to do the speed limit, you're the problem.
Dude, just google "passing lane", and you'll learn everything you need to. The left lane is indeed the "passing lane". Obviously you can only accelarate/travel up to the posted speed, and over-take laws vary from state to state, but slower traffic is to stay to the right and passing traffic is to the left. I agree with your earlier post though. This guy doing "120+ mph" is stupid with traffic around. It's one thing if its 2am and a vacant highway, but during the day is just blatant disregard for anyone's safety. Especially when he risks a blow out and/or driveshaft failure.

I'll leave this link here for you to read up on if you don't believe it. http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html

As for the rate at which one travels, there is also a difference between "Speed Limit" and "Maximum Speed". You can go faster, within reason, than a "speed limit". You can not, under any circumstance, go faster than the "maximum speed". All this differs from state to state, and the exempts should be in your states Vehicle Code book, at least it's in the California book I've studied. I can speak from how your guys states are regulated, but here is how my states stance goes.

"Maximum Speed" is a numeric speed, specified in miles per hour in the California Vehicle Code, which you may not exceed under any circumstances. There are currently three numeric maximum speed laws in California: a 70 mph max. speed for some rural freeways that are rated for such high speeds (CVC sec 22356), a 55 mph max. speed for 2-lane undivided roadways (CVC sec 22349(b)), and a blanket 65 mph max. speed everywhere else (CVC sec 22349(a)).
A "Speed Limit", however, isn't a law. Posted speed limits, called "prima facie limits" in the California Vehicle Code, are the suggested maximum safe speed for that particular stretch of road under normal driving conditions. The law in force here is CVC sec 22350, sometimes called the Basic Speed Law, which states that "No person shall drive a vehicle upon a highway at a speed greater than is reasonable or prudent having due regard for weather, visibility, the traffic on, and the surface and width of, the highway, and in no event at a speed which endangers the safety of persons or property."
However, if you drive faster than a posted "Speed Limit," the burden of proof will be on you to demonstrate to the court that your speed wasn't a violation of the Basic Speed Law (cf. CVC 22351(b)).

Last edited by KushBandit; 9/4/14 at 12:21 AM.
Old 9/4/14, 05:24 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The U.S. Uniform Vehicle Code, states: "Upon all roadways any vehicle proceeding at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions then existing shall be driven in the right-hand lane then available for traffic .."

The CT (my state) driver's manual states, "Do not pass unless you have enough space to return to the driving lane."

What's moronic is that despite driving for 26 years in 15 states, you still don't know how to use a public road correctly.
Old 9/4/14, 07:34 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
White2010, the level of your ignorance is offensive. Go educate yourself and learn how to drive...

http://www.txdot.gov/driver/share-road/highway-driving.html

He's a relevant bit:

"Keep Right

Watch for signs on Texas multi-lane highways that read "Left Lane For Passing Only." These signs let you know that the left lane on a divided highway is not a "fast" lane; it is a passing lane.

After you pass someone, move into the right lane once you've safely cleared the vehicle. Impeding the flow of traffic by continuing to drive in the left lane is punishable by a fine of up to $200."
Old 9/4/14, 07:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
White2010, the level of your ignorance is offensive. Go educate yourself and learn how to drive....

And so is your level of knowitallitis lately.
Old 9/4/14, 07:47 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by tom281

And so is your level of knowitallitis lately.
Please feel free to elaborate...
Old 9/4/14, 07:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
I don't need to. Just know that several of your posts over the last few weeks come off as arrogant and insulting. And I'm sure you already know this. Might consider dialing it back a notch?

Back to topic.
Old 9/4/14, 07:57 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
I don't need to. Just know that several of your posts over the last few weeks come off as arrogant and insulting. And I'm sure you already know this. Might consider dialing it back a notch?

Back to topic.
Yeah, I figured. :rollseyes: Whatever.

Back to topic.
Old 9/4/14, 10:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
In my State VT the driver's manual actually refers to the left lane as the "Passing lane" So in Vermont there is not doubt about the DMV says its the passing lane.
Old 9/4/14, 10:46 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
No, Darren. That face looks like the spawn of Satan. It's evil incarnate wearing a blue suit. It's screaming lock your doors and hide your daughters. It says move the eff over before I do it for you. Polite is for a Prius.
HEY!!!! My wife gives that polite look to drivers everyday! (She drives a Prius V ). In fact, if she's behind me, even if I'm driving Marilyn, I get the eff over for fear of getting in trouble at home

As to the topic, OP, that's normal everyday driving. Get used to it. You won't believe what I have to put with everyday in my Acura... how much more my stang.
Old 9/4/14, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by wheelman
BS. The passing lane is just that: a passing lane. The other lanes are for traveling. If you're not passing, get the eff over. If you aren't a cop, you have no say over people speeding in the passing lane. If people stuck to this, there would be less traffic and fewer accidents. I stick to the right and pass on the left as much as traffic, idiots and aholes allow.
"Bingo!" --Gary Oldman, The Professional

And back to @White2010: All you said is true about the interstates original intent for military. However you cut it -- 2 lanes, 3 lanes, 10 lanes, 100 lanes. THE FAR LEFT LANE IS INTENDED FOR PASSING TO ALLOW EASE TRAFFIC TENSION (due to idiots who "don't get it") and to ALLOW TRAFFIC TO FLOW. You're fully entitled to semi-argue this fact if you want, but that's the fact. Extra lanes for volume, yes. Far left lane for passing.

Obviously, when traffic volumes are high, then the far left lane has to be simply to contain volume. I completely understand that. In most situations however, I'm talking about where there is moderate volume, plenty of room to get over, and people won't. It's the most selfish thing on the road, in my opinion.
Old 9/4/14, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by awoychosky123
I agree!!!!

Love it. If Chuck says the far left lane is for passing, that should settle it. :-)
Old 9/4/14, 11:30 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Then there are those in the far, far left lane.....
Attached Images  
Old 9/4/14, 12:55 PM
Banned

White2010, the level of your ignorance is offensive. Go educate yourself and learn how to drive...

http://www.txdot.gov/driver/share-ro...y-driving.html

He's a relevant bit:

"Keep Right

Watch for signs on Texas multi-lane highways that read "Left Lane For Passing Only." These signs let you know that the left lane on a divided highway is not a "fast" lane; it is a passing lane.

After you pass someone, move into the right lane once you've safely cleared the vehicle. Impeding the flow of traffic by continuing to drive in the left lane is punishable by a fine of up to $200."
Oh look, its that guy.

The one who gives the rest of the driving public reason to dislike all the other Mustang drivers. lol

Why don't you and eriks just be honest about it? You want everyone to stay in the right lane so that you can haul a** in the left lane right? You figure the roads were built so that you can get out there and impress everybody with how fast your Mustang can go right? How dare someone do the speed limit in the left lane!! Don't they know you're driving your Mustang out there? Who do they think they are obeying the speed limit?

Last edited by White2010; 9/4/14 at 12:59 PM.
Old 9/4/14, 01:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Oh look, its that guy.
Why don't you and eriks just be honest about it? You want everyone to stay in the right lane so that you can haul a** in the left lane right? You figure the roads were built so that you can get out there and impress everybody with how fast your Mustang can go right? How dare someone do the speed limit in the left lane!! Don't they know you're driving your Mustang out there? Who do they think they are obeying the speed limit?
Listen m8 good debate here but there are genuine Mustang drivers who want to pass but can't because someone is going 50 on a 65 in the left lane. Its not hauling *** if we go 10-15 mph. And I think eriks was right to get frustrated. I wouldn't of pushed my driveshaft to the limit but I definitely would have gone fast enough to get some distance. then cut it back to regular driving. and I do feel that just because i'm in my Mustang or challenger people want to pass me or race me. I dont get that when I'm on the interstate in my 2014 Journey.

Last edited by awoychosky123; 9/4/14 at 01:10 PM.
Old 9/4/14, 01:14 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Oh look, its that guy.

The one who gives the rest of the driving public reason to dislike all the other Mustang drivers. lol

You really just don't get it. Your one of those that thinks you're entitled to use whatever lane you want. I'm sure it makes your commute much easier just cruising in the left lane...you never have to change lanes to pass, and you aren't going fast enough to catch up to any other traffic. To hell with everyone else on the road, right?

It doesn't matter how fast you're going. It doesn't matter how fast the guy behind you is going. The speed limit is not relevant in this situation. It's your duty as a motorist to pass, and then get out of the way so that others can do the same.

Just imagine...if people would pass and move over. And if people would just drive their own pace, instead of speeding up and slowing down to stay with the traffic around them. If people would just do those two things, stop and realize how much traffic wouldn't exist...

Traffic causes accidents and deaths, and people like you (that think they're saving the world from speeders) are a direct cause.
Old 9/4/14, 01:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Traffic causes accidents and deaths, and people like you (that think they're saving the world from speeders) are a direct cause.
^^^WINNER WINNER^^^
Old 9/4/14, 01:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I love threads like these
Old 9/4/14, 01:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

As do I!

Quick Reply: Do average Joes on the road wanna "drag" u??!!??