General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Disappointed with Ford floor mats

Search this Thread

Old 8/17/22, 02:58 PM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 1,063 Likes on 666 Posts
Disappointed with Ford floor mats

I wanted to get new carpeted mats for my recent 2014 GT purchase and first tried Lloyd's mats who make plush thick carpets with logos on them. I have them on my R/T and wanted to do the same with my GT. Unfortunately Lloyds told me that Ford will not license them. GM and Stellantis are no problem but Ford says 'no'.. I then searched and found OEM Ford mats with the Mustang logo. I had them on my '07 and they were not bad at all. These new mats were for model years 2013 and 2014 only.
I ordered a set from a Ford dealer and when they arrived I was quite disappointed. They are very thin and Made in China. What else is new? I'll use them of course but if I get a few years out of them I will be surprised. This is NOT Ford quality. I paid $120 for these. They look OK now but it won't take long. Bad buy

Old 8/17/22, 03:48 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,194 Likes on 1,763 Posts
Want superior quality and made in the U.S, just one word... WeatherTech! Although they don't offer them with the Ford or Mustang logo, you'll never have to worry about ever replacing them, as they're guaranteed for life.

https://www.weathertech.com/ford/201...er-digitalfit/

The following users liked this post:
garyb900 (8/17/22)
Old 8/17/22, 05:31 PM

^^^ I don't think they make carpeted mats. If I'm wrong, please let me know. That's what I like for my cars. Lloyd's makes them in California.

Last edited by NC14GT; 8/17/22 at 05:33 PM.
Old 8/18/22, 04:08 AM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,139 Likes on 818 Posts
Originally Posted by NC07GTCS
I wanted to get new carpeted mats for my recent 2014 GT purchase and first tried Lloyd's mats who make plush thick carpets with logos on them. I have them on my R/T and wanted to do the same with my GT. Unfortunately Lloyds told me that Ford will not license them. GM and Stellantis are no problem but Ford says 'no'.. I then searched and found OEM Ford mats with the Mustang logo. I had them on my '07 and they were not bad at all. These new mats were for model years 2013 and 2014 only.
I ordered a set from a Ford dealer and when they arrived I was quite disappointed. They are very thin and Made in China. What else is new? I'll use them of course but if I get a few years out of them I will be surprised. This is NOT Ford quality. I paid $120 for these. They look OK now but it won't take long. Bad buy

FYI The Ford mats that came with my car new do not have the Mustang logo on them... They look like this.

Old 8/18/22, 08:19 AM

^^ Yes, those are what were in mine. I just wanted better quality. Lloyd's spoils you BIG TIME so these were inferior by a mile..This was the ad I bought them from. The exterior shipping container indicated a Quincy MA Ford dealer.They arrived with all the Ford plastic and logos so definitely a Ford item. I see them at other sites on ebay too. Unfortunate.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/322745054921
Old 8/18/22, 11:14 AM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,139 Likes on 818 Posts
Boy prices on these have gone through the roof... I believe that I could buy replacement carpet Roush embroidered mats that came with the car for $78 for the front pair. That was before Covid though. Guess I should have bought them for future use. Now they are no where to be found.

I did find these with a logo (Only the front 2 though) I assume these are the same as you have
https://www.levittownfordparts.com/p...loor-mats.html

Can yours be returned? I have bought from here before and they are reputable to deal with.
NC14GT (8/19/22)
Old 8/18/22, 03:19 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,194 Likes on 1,763 Posts

^^^ I don't think they make carpeted mats. If I'm wrong, please let me know. That's what I like for my cars. Lloyd's makes them in California.
You also mentioned that Lloyd's told you they are not available with the Ford or Mustang logo, due that Ford will not grant them a license... Therefore, this was my reason for suggesting the WeatherTech floor mats... Unfortunately however, WeatherTech does not make carpeted floor mats... Meanwhile, sorry that I couldn't be more helpful
NC14GT (8/19/22)
Old 8/19/22, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
Boy prices on these have gone through the roof... I believe that I could buy replacement carpet Roush embroidered mats that came with the car for $78 for the front pair. That was before Covid though. Guess I should have bought them for future use. Now they are no where to be found.

I did find these with a logo (Only the front 2 though) I assume these are the same as you have
https://www.levittownfordparts.com/p...loor-mats.html

Can yours be returned? I have bought from here before and they are reputable to deal with.
They appear the same, just a better price. I'll keep the ones I just bought. Thanks though
Old 8/20/22, 07:26 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,026 Likes on 2,221 Posts

Okay So Here is the Story as Shown by these Links as Background. Ford Loses it's Good Mat Supplier and Goes to Made in China Mats for 2010 Mustangs and Up.

Also Because of the Big Deal on Floor Mats Jamming up the Throttle Pedal. We Go to Not Just One But Two Mat Retention Clips! Gee How did we Ever Drive for All those Years!

So If Memory Serves The 2005-2009 Mustang Mats Were the Same Shape as the 2010-2014 But Had an Extra Clip Hole!. The Extra Clip Can Be Removed And you Should Be Able to Use the Earlier Mats. Of Course Since Ford Lost it's Mat Supplier So Far Back it's Hard to Find the Old Mats!

A Search of Ebay Shows High Dollar Shelby Red Appearance Package Mats of which The Cheapest I Have Provided a Link For. Any Of the Old Mats Should Have a Prefix of 5r3z,6r3z,7r3z,8r3z or 9r3z. Ar3z is the 2010 Style. Anyhoo If you Liked the Factory Mats in your 07 that is Pretty Much what you would be Getting. Also Note Base Part Number 13086 is a Factory Mat. 13300 is An Accessory Mat Sometimes Not as Good as The as Supplied with the Car Mats 13086. So IF you Liked Your Old 07 Oem Mats you Can Consider the Cobra Mats which I have in My Car BTW and I think they are Good Quality. Or you Can Search for the Oem 05-09 Mats On Ebay Etc. That is if you Can Live Without that Extra Clip! No Clips on Passenger Side at All!

Btw Anybody with a 2007-2009 Shelby these are The Mats to Have. They were the Only TRUE SHELBY Mat FORD Released. They were Standard with the RED Appearance Package. I Got Two Sets for My Car. One For Show and One For Go! The Standard Shelby Mats were Just the Plain No Logo Mustang Mats!

Whoo Hoo!
Good Luck!
Kc

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...illion-477447/

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...-issue-476660/

https://www.ebay.com/itm/393464509484

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144476750044

Last edited by 05stangkc; 8/20/22 at 08:01 PM.
NC14GT (8/21/22)
Old 8/21/22, 06:56 AM

I had two quality sets for my '07 that I alternated. Still in very nice shape BUT I left them in the car for the new owner. It was the right thing to do. I didn't know this would be an issue. May all my problems be this minor.

You can see the extra set in the trunk in the next to last photo where the car is being sold.
https://www.homanford.net/used-Ripon...HT85H175279590
Old 8/21/22, 07:06 AM
The Analog Admin!

Well as Paul Harvey would Say Now you Know the Rest of the Story!

I'm Thinking I got an Extra Set of Plain Oem Mats Socked Away Somewhere if you want me to Look! But it may take awhile I got 3, 40ft Seatrain Containers Full o Stuff after 35+ Years in Ford Parts!

LMK !

Regards,

K

Last edited by 05stangkc; 8/21/22 at 07:09 AM.
Old 8/21/22, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Well as Paul Harvey would Say Now you Know the Rest of the Story!

I'm Thinking I got an Extra Set of Plain Oem Mats Socked Away Somewhere if you want me to Look! But it may take awhile I got 3, 40ft Seatrain Containers Full o Stuff after 35+ Years in Ford Parts!

LMK !

Regards,

K
I really appreciate the offer but I'll be OK with these for now. Maybe Lloyds will offer something in a few years. I think they may offer plain black without any Ford logos. I may go that route once these start looking rough.
Old 8/21/22, 08:05 AM
The Analog Admin!

I really appreciate the offer but I'll be OK with these for now. Maybe Lloyds will offer something in a few years. I think they may offer plain black without any Ford logos. I may go that route once these start looking rough.
That's Cool! It will Probably Take two Years for me to find Them or if I Don't Look I will Trip Over them in a Couple o Days! That is how it works for Me!

Anyhoo, Why not Call your Salesman at your Trading Dealer and See if you can get One Set Back! Worth a Try! Just hate to See a Member Having Mustang Mat Troubles! Too many Years at the Dealership I have had many Issues with Ford Floor Mats & Mat Customers, Like a Whole Set of 6 Melting in a Hot Van and all Folding up Like Taco's. Had to Send to Ford for Research And Trying to Explain why New Mats Don't Color Match to a Fried out 10 Year Old Carpet and they Can't grasp the Concept! Also Why Fords UNIVERSAL Floor Mats Back in the Day were not the Same as Oem Supplied Mats in Shape! Trying to Explain One Piece Mats which were Cut to Fit. The 06 All Weather Mats with a Slit where it should not have been! Got FORD to Redesign Them BTW. See Pic! Really Opened the Memory Floodgates on Ford Mat Hell over 35 Years!

Anyway Love to Spin a Good Parts Yarn Now & Again!

Be Good!

K

Last edited by 05stangkc; 8/21/22 at 11:27 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 05stangkc:
NC14GT (8/21/22), shaneyusa (8/23/22)
Old 8/21/22, 11:13 AM
The Analog Admin!

I Just Stumbled over These on Another Post I did for FORD SHOW PARTS. They Look Like the OEM Ford 06 Deluxe Pony Package Mats. Don't Know the Quality but A Nice Find For the Sn-197's! A Decent Price as Well! Wonder if they are Leftover From the Pre 10 Era????

KC

https://fordshowparts.com/products/06-09-black-mustang

Last edited by 05stangkc; 8/21/22 at 11:24 AM.
Old 8/28/22, 11:55 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
@NC07GTCS Dave, the ones you bought look like the same quality that came with the wife's '18 GT. Paper thin, and just cheap looking all the way around. Luckily I was able to negotiate a set of the Ford floor liners for free on the order. I use the stock mats in my truck when there's a chance I'll get in some mud. That's the only thing I figure they are good for.

BTW, I've been away for awhile (my fault). I see you have a '14 GT now, did you sell your white GTCS vert? If so, how did you get over the loss? I sold my '06 to a feller that wanted it real bad, and I've missed that little thing ever since. I've been on the lookout many months for another. I've got my eye on two now, and heading out for a test drive tommorrow to see which one we like the best. Of course the prices are stupid high right now, but it is what it is...........

Oh yeah, ain't that 5.0L as fun as a barrel full of monkeys?

One more thing, I see you want to change your user name. I'm glad I came back before you did as I started looking for you first thing when I signed on today.

Last edited by wanted33; 8/28/22 at 12:09 PM.
Old 8/28/22, 01:29 PM

wanted33 it has been awhile. Thanks for the info about your mats.
I'm doing OK with the loss of my '07 since the '14 is so familiar. Outside of the 5.0 Coyote it really isn't that different. Still no NAV screen which is huge plus for me personally. I'm just guilty of feeling for the clutch still. It will pass in time. My '07 is sitting at a dealership in Wisconsin. The link is just above in #10 if you want to see it. Good folks treated us right.
wanted33 (8/29/22)