General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Coupe or Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 3/11/06, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I wonder if I can ask for some advice please....We are a British couple coming to California in June for a 2 week driving vacation (LA, Vegas, SF and back to LA down the coast). We really want to hire a Mustang but are not sure which to go for, so my questions are...

I'm 6' 6" tall...is the converible going to be too uncomfortable ( wind on my forehead etc?)

What is the trunk space like in the convertible...will two mid sized suitcases fit ok?

Would I fit in a coupe?

We are a normal 40's couple who just love to cruise through great scenery...we both love cars like the Mustang but by hiring a car like this are we just going to attract morons wanting to race etc?

Any advice grategully received

Jim and Angie
Old 3/11/06, 03:38 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
FYI to forum members, when are British friends say hire a car, they mean rent, not actually hire a driver.

Jim, I can't answer your question to well since I'm almost a foot shorter than you, but enjoy your stay here in the US.
Old 3/11/06, 04:17 PM

Hey Jim & Angie,
I'm over 6ft my self! There is no way you will be uncomfortable in any body style Mustang. There one of life's pleasures...Injoy your stay in the USA.
Old 3/11/06, 06:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like a wonderful Vacation. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eclipsee_steering.gif[/img]

Two Weeks in California, You should try for a Convertible. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

You will be comfortable in the Convert. and with two people there should be plenty of trunk space.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cheers.gif[/img]
Old 3/11/06, 07:35 PM
V6 Member

I am 6'5" and used to drive a 3000GT. Let me tell you.
The New Mustangs are HUGE compaired to the 3000GT.
You will have no problem fitting into the mustang of your choice.
As for the luggage you should be fine there also.
Go for it. Too bad the rentals are mostly V6 but still alot of fun.
Old 3/11/06, 07:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 116 Likes on 86 Posts
Yes, yes, rent a convertible. Absolutely. Convertibles are good. Especially to enjoy California.

Of course, I must admit to a *slight* bias. . . [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 3/12/06, 01:23 AM

OK!....given that everyone has the same opinion I guess that's the decision made....we'll go for the convertible and live a bit of the American dream!...many thanks for the informative responses everyone. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Will update this post when we get back from our trip in July

Jim & Angie
Old 4/16/06, 06:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Norman Normal @ March 12, 2006, 1:26 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
OK!....given that everyone has the same opinion I guess that's the decision made....we'll go for the convertible and live a bit of the American dream!...many thanks for the informative responses everyone. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Will update this post when we get back from our trip in July

Jim & Angie
[/b][/quote]

The American Dream is starting out as a poor boy, and getting to the top via hard work and persperation. Like Andy Carnegie... However, being a philantropist, though recommended, is not required.