General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Cold air intake or regular K&N air intake?

Search this Thread

Old 8/16/12, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cold air intake or regular K&N air intake?

I want to buy an intake for my 99 Saleen this weekend, but I'm still debating wether to get the cold air or the regular intake. People say that the cold air intake is better, but when it rains that's where the problem is, because my intake is gonna be sucking in water..(that's what one of my fellow friends said). I don't know what to go for. Any personal experiences with both these products? Thanks for any help provided...
Old 8/20/12, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depends what you're looking for? The "look" of a cold air intake can't be beat, but is it really a major performance difference? Probably not, unless you're drag or street racing alot. Might shave a 10th of a second off your time, but you're not gonna feel a big difference in the "seat of your pants" power. I had numerous Corvette's over the years and raced quite a bit. Tried numerous air intake changes and wasn't greatly impressed with any of them. I used the K&N replacement filter in the end for ease of cleaning and slightly better air flow and was just as satisfied as the expensive upgrades and just as good track times. Hope this helps. Tim