General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Close call with POLICE Man

Search this Thread

Old 8/2/05, 11:17 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I thought I had finally won a speeding ticket tonite after 20 years... Been that long -

I gunned it out of a safeway parking lot - Gunned it hard but didnt exceed the speed limit...and didnt break the tires loose. I went up to 35 on a 40 mph road very quickly (and didnt see the sneaky cop car coming the other way). I got about 200 feet down the road and I noticed the red and blue lights doing a u-turn and was coming after me...

I pulled over immediately and of course the First thing I said was "I wasnt speeding but I did accelerate hard" (breaking my own shut up rule... :nono: ) and then I shut up..

He said "I didnt pull you over for speeding", well you can imagine my suprise at that news I must of looked mystified at that point :shock: :scratch:
since I had figured he had u-turned on me, expecting me to bomb down the road at a high rate of speed after accelerating hard, but I had suprised him when I didnt... but since he had already started to pull me over he had to find a decent reason and that reason was that my lights were too bright and I blinded him (had the fogs on with the normal head lights).
Now I have passed many police cars with all four lights on (county and state patrol) - I have never been pulled over or warned. My guess is the front end lifted up with the acceleration.

I thought when he went to examine my lights - ( I had to demonstrate them) I was going to get a ticket for no front plate...

I guess it was my night - should have been playing the lottery... NO ticket...No warning just a "you can go now..."
Old 8/2/05, 11:23 PM
V6 Member

lucky sob.

my friend got a ticket for "attempted racing" because he rev'd his engine at a stop light. I was lmao when I heard this, extremely expensive ticket also.. it was like 200 something dollars.
Old 8/2/05, 11:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Got yanked over a month ago. Was going so fast, cop gave up chase and just flicked his lights on. I pulled over and waited for him. He was a lil' pissed that i was driving so fast (in a mini-van no less). but, it was late at night, noone on the road, i was alone, and wasn't drinking. Cop gave me a break and let me loose. Nice guy. Probably due to the fact that i actually pulled over since i had a huge lead on him.
Old 8/3/05, 06:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Andrew, you must be living right! It's always nice to get away free. I also do not have a front plate, and that's the reason why I never have the fogs and headlights on at the same time, at least not yet!
Old 8/3/05, 08:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

You shoulda said to him "since you pulled me over, wanna line em up??!"
Old 8/3/05, 08:34 AM
Cobra Member

So, this guy I know was driving down I-35 b/w Kansas City and Wichita the other day. For those of you that have never made this trip, it is 3 hours of NOTHING. Anyway, this "guy" decided to take his stang up to about 115-120 for the heck of it...he had never had it that fast. On the way back down, probably around 95-100, a Kansas state trooper passed him going the other direction. The lights came on as soon as he passed, but luckily they were in the middle of a 20+ mile stretch of highway divided by a concrete median. The cop could not turn around and could not see past the median for a license plate #.
Old 8/3/05, 09:42 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by KansasCityTim@August 3, 2005, 8:37 AM
..but luckily they were in the middle of a 20+ mile stretch of highway divided by a concrete median. The cop could not turn around and could not see past the median for a license plate #.
Thanks for the tip of relatively "safe" places to excercise the engine.
Old 8/3/05, 11:07 AM
V6 Member

yeah... until they call the helicopter on you :nono:
-mike
Old 8/3/05, 12:04 PM
V6 Member

I'll bet it was because you were accelerating hard. The lights were pointing high while the back end squatted down. I had tons of people flashing there brights at me on my way back to Chicago from Cali. Mu 89 GT vert was loaded way down and didn't realize it till I got home and the lights were lighting up the garage door way higher than normal.
Old 8/3/05, 12:47 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by KansasCityTim@August 3, 2005, 7:37 AM
So, this guy I know was driving down I-35 b/w Kansas City and Wichita the other day. For those of you that have never made this trip, it is 3 hours of NOTHING. Anyway, this "guy" decided to take his stang up to about 115-120 for the heck of it...he had never had it that fast. On the way back down, probably around 95-100, a Kansas state trooper passed him going the other direction. The lights came on as soon as he passed, but luckily they were in the middle of a 20+ mile stretch of highway divided by a concrete median. The cop could not turn around and could not see past the median for a license plate #.
I'm trying to avoid installing that horrid front tin as much as I can, but I do like to drive with fogs on. They just look so cool! Oh well, I guess if I do get a ticket, it will just be a fix-it and not go on my driving record.
Old 8/3/05, 11:20 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by ualpow@August 3, 2005, 11:07 AM
I'll bet it was because you were accelerating hard. The lights were pointing high while the back end squatted down. ...snip...
My thoughts exactly.... not to mention he thought I was going to rocket down the road and had figured he had me dead to rights... busted..

But I know cops hang on that road alot - so I never actually speed on it..
Old 8/4/05, 11:21 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by KansasCityTim@August 3, 2005, 8:37 AM
Sounds to me like this "guy" was lucky!