General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Class action lawsuit for hood bubbles

Old 6/22/13, 10:05 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Class action lawsuit for hood bubbles

A few members have questioned my post about a class action lawsuit against ford for the bubbles on our hoods. I can't list a link but the article was in the ny times edition dated march 15, 2013. Also the post was on allfordmustangs by member named executioner. Hope this information will help all members with the hood problem actually read about this lawsuit. Irv.
Old 6/22/13, 10:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NY Times article

It says it is for the 2000-2007 model years.

Last edited by rriddle3; 6/22/13 at 10:15 AM.
Old 6/22/13, 10:24 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe they will adjust the years to include 08,09,10
Old 6/22/13, 11:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Link may not work in IE, in case that matters. Chrome works. Freakin' internet stupidness, silly non-standards.
---
As I stated in a previous thread regarding this very thing. It is NOT a class action. Yet. It has the potential. But it is not a thing. Even the words in the first paragraph is wrong. Thread title is wrong at this moment in time. Needs to add the word 'Possible ' at the front.

Very bottom paragraph:
The judge has yet to rule on certifying the suit as a class action, which means the class would cover all owners.
As it stands as of that writing, the suit almost got thrown out, as 3 of the 4 complaints were dismissed, with this sole plaintiff with his Mustang GT being the survivor.

That being said, I do hope it gets to the point of an actual class action, as apparently the judge/prosecution have come to terms with why it's a thing, and why Ford did not do what it states to want to do:
In an e-mail, Elizabeth Weigandt, a Ford spokeswoman, wrote, “Ford cannot comment on pending litigation, however, the company is absolutely committed to top quality and customer satisfaction.
Until they fix these hoods (and yes, all Mustangs can be added to this, and will if it goes class action) Ford has failed in that one regard.

/Then again... name one company that hasn't. I'll wait.
//I'm not tryin' to bust anyones chops on this... but it is *HIGHLY* important that it's understood correctly regarding the status of this case and its proper terms. It is a sole case. It could expand to all, or not. Guy may win HIS hood issue... but not ours.
///Still, precedent will be of great benefit, but we'd have to sue Ford individually and cite this case, should it win. Hence the idea that a rich enough client can maybe get it done for us all, because he's a nice guy.
////One more note... Per the TSB... the use of epoxy primer? Laughable on these hoods. They need to be using decent Self Etching Primer so it grabs that aluminum. Although, they are media blasting and roughing it with 180, so it *maybe* should have stuck... My guess is that guy's dealer's body shop was lazy/cheap and reshot it as if it were steel. Still think epoxy primer's not gonna stick though, not without help.

Last edited by houtex; 6/22/13 at 11:53 AM.