General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Car Lift / Which one did you pick

Old 6/26/14, 08:11 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Car Lift / Which one did you pick

OK all , I have been looking at redoing my garage. I am on a garage forum but I would like to know what Mustang owners have for a lift in there garage.

Please respond with the Type of Lift.. 2 post, 4 post, scissor etc.

Why you choose the type of lift.

Manufacture of the lift.

Thank you.

I am wanting a lift but i am having a hard time choosing which one.
Old 6/27/14, 10:10 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
4-posts are good for stacking cars, but the 2-post is easier to use for working on the car. I'll be getting the 2-post because I don't have any desire to create storage space above one of the cars--I'll be building the garage big enough to accommodate whatever cars need inside storage to begin with (that and my wife has told me I can't have any more toys than what will fit in the garage).
Old 6/27/14, 12:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
4-posts are good for stacking cars, but the 2-post is easier to use for working on the car. I'll be getting the 2-post because I don't have any desire to create storage space above one of the cars--I'll be building the garage big enough to accommodate whatever cars need inside storage to begin with (that and my wife has told me I can't have any more toys than what will fit in the garage).
But no limit on garage size?
Old 6/27/14, 12:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by wheelman
But no limit on garage size?
Well I only have so much land to build on...
Old 6/27/14, 12:57 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Jazzman442
OK all , I have been looking at redoing my garage. I am on a garage forum but I would like to know what Mustang owners have for a lift in there garage. Please respond with the Type of Lift.. 2 post, 4 post, scissor etc. Why you choose the type of lift. Manufacture of the lift. Thank you. I am wanting a lift but i am having a hard time choosing which one.
2 post asymmetric lift. Rotary makes a pretty good one. Just gotta make sure you get the pads that you want on the arms. The 4 post is really nice to have but limits what you can do with it.
Old 6/27/14, 12:58 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I have a 4 post Bendpak and have been looking to add a 2 post. I'll have to build a shop for that but if your gonna work on the car extensively the 2 post is better. The 4 post works great for exhaust or oil changes and some other stuff but getting the wheels of the ground and the restriction of not being able to work underneath the car where the runners block in a 4 post is a hassle.

I originally got my 4 post for storage and that's what it does mostly. But also for oil changes and anything else I could do. It's also pretty good for waxing the car. I can raise the car and stand there while i was the sides or rockers.
Old 6/27/14, 01:16 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I have a 4 post Bendpak and have been looking to add a 2 post. I'll have to build a shop for that but if your gonna work on the car extensively the 2 post is better. The 4 post works great for exhaust or oil changes and some other stuff but getting the wheels of the ground and the restriction of not being able to work underneath the car where the runners block in a 4 post is a hassle.

I originally got my 4 post for storage and that's what it does mostly. But also for oil changes and anything else I could do. It's also pretty good for waxing the car. I can raise the car and stand there while i was the sides or rockers.
baller!
Old 6/30/14, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the room and would love to have a two post. Whenever I get extra cash it always ends up in parts/upgrades and then I end crawling around under the car wishing I had a lift......
Old 6/30/14, 09:18 PM

A garage is also not necessary. Lots of shops around here have extra lifts outside on slabs. It's actually pretty nice as long as it's not raining. Lol. Most of them are powder coated and just keep the cables and moving parts greased up. The control panel and motor are usually sealed anyways. They will last a very long time out in the weather. Just another option guys.
Old 7/1/14, 12:27 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

Did you pour piers below the posts or did you just bolt it to the slab?
Old 7/1/14, 12:27 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
A garage is also not necessary. Lots of shops around here have extra lifts outside on slabs. It's actually pretty nice as long as it's not raining. Lol. Most of them are powder coated and just keep the cables and moving parts greased up. The control panel and motor are usually sealed anyways. They will last a very long time out in the weather. Just another option guys.
Ya'll kin also put that warsher and dryin machine on the front porch.

Old 7/1/14, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Ya'll kin also put that warsher and dryin machine on the front porch.
Back porch. The swing and the beer fridge go up front.
Old 8/6/14, 08:11 AM
Cobra Member

Does anyone have a scissor lift?
Old 8/22/14, 07:59 PM

check out garage journal. There is lots of lift discussion there. Id personally go 2 post. You can get a bendpack pretty reasonably.
Old 8/22/14, 11:51 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by bry@n
check out garage journal. There is lots of lift discussion there. Id personally go 2 post. You can get a bendpack pretty reasonably.
I am on Garage Journal. Seems like they like the built in look and most have gotten them over seas. I would but I have 12' Ceilings and don't have to worry about the height. I would like a 2 post but seems like a 4 post would be better. Some of the new Scissor lifts look great. Trying to get more info on them.

There are alot of people on the GJ that have had BendPack buy there lifts back. Seems there not as good as they use to be. Looking at Challenger now.

Any more thoughts?
Old 8/24/14, 05:37 PM

Challenger was recently purchased by Snap-On and you might be able to get a good deal from a Snappy dealer. I've heard good things about Challenger. I've had no experience with one though.
Old 8/24/14, 06:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=686466881445334" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...45334">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/Performance...s">Performance Garage .com.au</a>.</div></div>

don't know if the link will werk but here it is