General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Bad experience with American Muscle - 3 strikes you're out

Search this Thread

Old 12/22/16, 09:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Bad experience with American Muscle - 3 strikes you're out

I just a one more bad experience with AM, and I want to share the letter I send with my returned merchandise. This will help me "vent" my anger.

-------------------------------------------

I don’t knowif it’s AM or Roush, but is it really « just a mistake »? I know we are all humans and we make mistakesand it is a pretty hectic time of year, but three dents like these should havebeen spotted as defective item with a basic visual inspection.

These dentswere NOT made during shipping that is virtually impossible, so they were alreadythere when the item was put in the box.

There is also a broken clip and this clip could NOT have been broken during transport.

And the icing on the cake is that there was two left side vents and no right side. Come on… I want to know what kind of drugs your shipping guys are taking coz I want some, this thing is strong...

This box that you sent was supposed to go to garbage. I just hope you are not gonna sent this to another customer, hoping thathe will notice too late to get replacement or refund.

To me it looks like you sent defective item on purpose hoping “it will make it” and thislooks shady at best.

It is the third time that I received damaged items from AM, when you are supposed to sellnew stuff. So that’s 3 strikes you’reout. This is the last time I orderfrom AM, I will go with CJ or Late Model.

Signed: One very unhappy customer

Last edited by Kotenukimen; 12/22/16 at 09:23 AM.
Old 12/22/16, 10:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Pretty sure most of the aftermarket suppliers just drop ship from Roush. Most likely it came direct from Roush. That said, pretty much every Roush part I have on my car had some blemishes like that (no broken clips though). It really sucks because they're the only ones making certain styling elements and they're pretty affordable, compared to similar offerings from other brands, but this is what you get from those dollars saved.
Old 12/22/16, 10:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Pretty sure most of the aftermarket suppliers just drop ship from Roush. Most likely it came direct from Roush. That said, pretty much every Roush part I have on my car had some blemishes like that (no broken clips though). It really sucks because they're the only ones making certain styling elements and they're pretty affordable, compared to similar offerings from other brands, but this is what you get from those dollars saved.

Dollars saved? 200$ for two molded pièces of plastic?
Old 12/22/16, 02:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Kotenukimen
Dollars saved? 200$ for two molded pièces of plastic?
Sometimes...lol
Old 12/22/16, 03:03 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,199 Posts
I actually find Roush parts to be on the high priced side.
Old 12/22/16, 03:28 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
If they were drop shipping from Roush then it is Roush's fault. If it was repackaged then it is AM fault. Either way AM should make it right...
Old 12/26/16, 10:35 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Did you contact AM first? I have had several issues resolved with just a phone call or a PM to one of their site reps.
The following users liked this post:
wanted33 (1/7/17)
Old 12/27/16, 11:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Funny to hear you'd go with LMR ..... it took me 3 shipments of the same exact item before they finally had the manufacturer ship me a piece directly so I'd finally receive an undamaged part.
And I know they shipped the first shipments out from their own warehouse since the first shipment had the box open and another item that I ordered was just thrown in there, effectively damaging the $300 piece of plastic that I had issues receiving undamaged.
And I can't say the pieces were damaged to begin with, since the piece I received at the end came direct from the mfr, packaged and shipped perfectly, unlike whatever LMR's retarded shipping monkey was doing.

I swore LMR off, and I'll never buy there again.

But like asked above, have you tried actually calling them?
A phone call probably would've gotten more done for you and cost you less time than writing them that letter and getting on a public forum to bash them
Old 12/27/16, 04:39 PM
Bullitt Member

I called AM and they sent a replacement. I should get it this week, I don't complain about their customer service, I just think I should get undamaged item in the first place and mostly not two left sides.
Old 12/28/16, 12:32 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Koten,

First of all, I just want to apologize for the trouble here. Although this part was packaged from Roush, you bought it from us and there should never be any blemishes and especially no broken clips!

If you don't mind, shoot me over a PM so I can look into making sure you are taken care of.

Thanks man!

-Will
Old 12/29/16, 01:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Believe it or not I got my replacement part from a.m. and I received again two left sides!!!! I called back American muscle and I must say that they were super nice trying to find a solution. But seriously someone from Roush must've had too much eggnog on the job. I know that American muscle drop ship these parts and I asked them to open the box and check before they send it so it won't happen at third time. Still very frustrating.

Last edited by Kotenukimen; 12/30/16 at 08:16 PM.
Old 12/30/16, 09:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Originally Posted by Gravydog316
I believe it.
AM didn't/wouldn't even answer when I phoned & sent emails.
Something happened there...
Everyone was saying AM was a good company... as soon as I use them, everything changed, it looks like!!!
Maybe every employee had a stroke when they saw green hair

LOL, just kidding ...... Alex used to be the rep on here and on other forums for them, he seems to no longer be around, which is unfortunate, he was awesome ...
Old 12/30/16, 10:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had one bad experience with AM. Took a few phone calls, pictures, and emails from me to get them to take care of it. In the end they did.

Havent ordered since.

Ive had great dealings with LMR and Lethal Performance.

Are there any other places people are buying parts?
Old 12/30/16, 10:30 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I've had good results buying directly from steeda
tj@steeda (12/31/16)
Old 12/31/16, 01:03 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Gravydog316
I believe it.
AM didn't/wouldn't even answer when I phoned & sent emails.
Something happened there...
Everyone was saying AM was a good company... as soon as I use them, everything changed, it looks like!!!
Yea That happened several times. Never will buy from them again. If you want the best Customer service. Steeda all the Way.
tj@steeda (12/31/16)
Old 12/31/16, 05:47 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
We appreciate the support and feedback!

TJ

Last edited by tj@steeda; 12/31/16 at 08:34 AM.
Old 12/31/16, 07:14 AM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Received 132 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by Jazzman442
Yea That happened several times. Never will buy from them again. If you want the best Customer service. Steeda all the Way.
on Steeda's customer service. I have ordered several times and have been happy with the service each time. When I have had questions on things they are quick to respond to email or to call back and talk through. I usually only look to other sources when Steeda doesn't carry an item that I am looking for.
Old 1/4/17, 06:56 PM
Bullitt Member

I am supposed to get my third hood vents tomorrow. I hope they will be mint this time. To be continued...
Old 1/9/17, 05:34 AM
Bullitt Member

I have receive my heat extractors in perfect condition and installed them last weekend. I am satisfied with the overall look and I must say that AM were super nice through the whole process.

Old 1/9/17, 09:51 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 387 Likes on 284 Posts
Not to deny anyone's problems, but I have ordered a bunch of stuff from AM. Never had one issue. Anytime I have called or emailed with questions they have been really good about replying quickly with an answer. I'm sure AM would love to have a 100% satisfaction rate, but when humans are involved things will happen. I just try to be understanding. I hope they can settle any issues for those that need them.