General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

06 gt won’t start after intstallingaftermarket parts

Search this Thread

Old 12/1/21, 11:34 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Did you purchase the Ford intake manifold and 47lb injectors along with the tuning device from American Muscle/Bama? If you did purchase the aftermarket parts from them, they should had at the very least uploaded a tuning file in the programmer for both the injectors and intake manifold.. But then again, who knows if the tuning parameters would had been dialed-in properly anyhow. When it comes to e-mail tuning vendors, I had nothing but problems with AM/BAMA and also with Brenspeed.

That being said, if for whatever reason your not able to afford having your car tuned by a local tuner on the dyno, I would only trust reputable tuning vendors such as Lund Racing, VMP performance, JDM engineering and especially Lito who's considered the 3v guru.
yes I bought all the aftermarket parts from American muscle, and they sent me a tune for the parts through email and when I installed the tune to my car, my car wouldn’t even start and idle!! So I removed the tune they send me and the car would at least idle and drive( didn’t idle that good) but I was at least able to drive it to the tuner and get it tuned properly. So I basically wasted 450$ on the bama tuner I bought from them
Old 12/1/21, 12:53 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,629 Posts
Did you contact AM/Bama's tuning department to inform them about the start and idle issues you had with the tune? If you did, they should had sent you a tune revision adjustment via e-mail to correct the idle/start issues. I wouldn't necessarily say that you wasted $450.00 on the Bama tuner itself, as you would've been required to purchase a tuning device anyhow, regardless of which tuning shop does your tuning..

But in the end, you made the right choice by having a local tuning shop custom tune your car on the dyno and have it tuned properly. Hopefully, you didn't have to purchase another tuning device from your local tuning shop, as they should be able to upload their custom tuning files into any SCT X4 tuning device and up..

Old 12/1/21, 01:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,509 Likes on 1,031 Posts
yeah I was thinking the same thing -- hope the local tuner was able to use your SCT device

in any case, I assume you still have that device, and that is important because it has your factory tune on it, in case you ever need to go back to the factory tune in the future
The following users liked this post:
m05fastbackGT (12/2/21)
Old 12/1/21, 03:14 PM

Yep, in the end it all worked out good. I’m using the car as a daily driver and drive it to work and everything. I was just freaking out about all that tuning nonsense in the beginning😂
Old 12/2/21, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Bert
yeah I was thinking the same thing -- hope the local tuner was able to use your SCT device

in any case, I assume you still have that device, and that is important because it has your factory tune on it, in case you ever need to go back to the factory tune in the future
Exactly! once the vehicle is flashed with the programmer, it's married to that vehicle.. Not only is that device needed if you ever need to go back to the factory tune in the future, but it also cannot be used on a different vehicle while it has the factory tune of the primary vehicle uploaded into the device..

Originally Posted by Jfuzzyman

Yep, in the end it all worked out good. I’m using the car as a daily driver and drive it to work and everything. I was just freaking out about all that tuning nonsense in the beginning😂
So did you have to purchase another tuning device or was your local custom tuner able to upload your new tunes into your Bama/SCT tuning device?

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 12/2/21 at 09:21 AM.
Old 12/2/21, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Exactly! once the vehicle is flashed with the programmer, it's married to that vehicle.. Not only is that device needed if you ever need to go back to the factory tune in the future, but it also cannot be used on a different vehicle while it has the factory tune of the primary vehicle uploaded into the device..

So did you have to purchase another tuning device or was your local custom tuner able to upload your new tunes into your Bama/SCT tuning device?
Yea the tuner was able to use my BAMA tuner I had already bought. I didn’t have to buy another device or anything.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jfuzzyman:
Bert (12/2/21), m05fastbackGT (12/2/21)
Old 12/2/21, 11:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,509 Likes on 1,031 Posts
that's good -- the money spent on the tuner was not really a total loss . . . all you really lost was the "free" Bama tunes
The following users liked this post:
m05fastbackGT (12/2/21)
Old 12/2/21, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jfuzzyman
Yea the tuner was able to use my BAMA tuner I had already bought. I didn’t have to buy another device or anything.
Yea, I also didn't think you would need to buy another tuning device either because the SCT X3, X4 programmers are also tuning devices that are fully compatible with accepting custom tuning files, in addition with retaining SCT preloaded tuning files.

Originally Posted by Bert
that's good -- the money spent on the tuner was not really a total loss . . . all you really lost was the "free" Bama tunes
The OP might still have his free Bama tunes as well.. IIRC, the SCT X-3 and X-4 programmers can also store up to 10-12 custom tuning files in addition to the SCT preloaded tunes or whichever the proprietary vendor the SCT tuning device was purchased from.