Announcements What You Need to Know

Member Ranks

Search this Thread

Old 2/21/06, 09:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I really hate change, I just don't take it well. April, change your avatar back. Ed always changes his and now he's kept this one for a while. What are you people trying to do to me? jk
Old 2/21/06, 10:51 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Huh what?
I still got Brian and his martini..........

I wanted the old man though.
Old 2/21/06, 12:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(65205 @ February 21, 2006, 8:09 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I really hate change, I just don't take it well. April, change your avatar back. Ed always changes his and now he's kept this one for a while. What are you people trying to do to me? jk
[/b][/quote]
Oh should I change it to something less offensive [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
Some people do it just because . Really It's What's in a NAME that counts !
Old 2/21/06, 08:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So you're saying you don't like my new avatar? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
Old 2/21/06, 09:07 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Enfynet @ February 21, 2006, 9:57 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
So you're saying you don't like my new avatar? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
00 cool!

Dang, Ed,how many times have you changed it today? I lost count! I really was just kidding around,this thread was looking sickly, April has been falling down on the job! 'Ol D J Jazzy Jeff has been missing in action as well.
Old 2/22/06, 05:15 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Ach.
I have nothing to amuse you all with. I promise. I couldn't make this crap up. I haven't posted much because my tailfeathers have been lit up for the better part of a week, and I have been quite ticked off.
Here is why I hate "the system".........

Girls are usually born in my mothers side of the family. Her mother had four girls.
The youngest and oldest being her favorite.
My mother and her other middle sister are two of my favorite people in the world.
I was born when my parents were young, and my parents worked their butts off- My Dad is a contractor, and My mother doesn't work. Instead of being proud of them, the family is resentful of all of us for actuall working for what we have without handouts. Familes do not get more dysfunctional than mine- and this is why I am greatful to be an only child. My grand Dad a decent henpecked man retired as an executive with Alabama Power. This is where the money this miserable beast gets comes from.
My oldest and youngest aunt are like Cinderellas stepsisters.
Each Daughter but the youngest had a girl baby- me being one.
The youngest(a [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/censored.gif[/img] hole) had a boy 22 years ago.
Well- not only is the youngest spoiled, a miserable human being, has been married five times etc....
This boy is born.
My "grandmother" and his mother spoiled him rotten, bought him everything- HELPED him go to the bathroom till he was like 10( I couldn't make this up)..........He's a dislikable human being too. He was like the second coming- Screw all of you, I hate you all, I have my Grandson now.
He is now 22, and she is 49.
We had a flash of feeling sorry for her, and let her live in a house I own for half of what I actually pay for after hubby #5 left her because he couldn't deal with her. She moves her son in with her. This crap house is a cheapo Alabama Tornado Special I bought to live in while I was debating where I wanted to live and what kind of house I wanted to build. You can't give the POses away. Until she said she was going to be homeless, I was moving it to the lake over here for a weekend getaway house(and so I could swim).

NOW she is exploiting the "disability" system(she has a "backache" and can't work), and he feels like he doesn't have to work because he has had everything done for him his entire life. He is also on crack. In her life, she has had like 5 houses foreclosed on her, you name the issue. He refuses to work, he just sits and smokes crack all day with the money his granny hands him.
Guess who is stuck with the bill for them to sponge off society? Me, because they feel like everyone else should pick up after them and do everything for them. And I was stupid enough to believe the witch when she said to my Dad " Let me live in it and I PROMISE I will pay" My Dad paid like 2 grand to set her up in it, and I am out over $1,000 with her sucking off everyone. Witch never even said thank you. All She can say is pooooooor me, I don't have any money, you OWE me [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img] . BUT she has the finest clothes,better jewelry than anyone around, a MUSTANG she can afford to run all over town in(And I know all about how mustangs suck up gas)and Ten Cats who only eat gourmet cat food.
My family pretty much hates us for actually expecting her to have responsibilities-
So the question is how do I extract myself from letting her sponge off me? I want to throw her out on her [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/censored.gif[/img]
Old 2/22/06, 07:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Everyone has a relative or two like your aunt and cousin. Really sorry about the money. You probably did not have a written lease or anything because they are family. I would say you should try to reason with them, but it sounds like they are unreasonable. No one wants the whole family mad at them,it just doesn't feel right. I'm sure you feel awful that you AND your hubby work each day to support them. It would bug me that money for my son was going to people who didn't try to help themselves. I'm a sort of nice person except when it comes to this. I'd let my feelings be known to the family as nice as I could. I'd ask if any of the others wanted to pay her rent, as you have been. You must understand this though, when my parents owned this little convenience store/gas station EVERYONE thought they(my parents) were wealthy and people were always running tabs that they never repaid. These same people who charged gas, cigs,milk, bread and CASH would go to the lounge my parents owned and would drink the night away. (You cannot charge beer) I got sick of it and put a stop to it. At 18 my nickname was Little Hitler. Many people did not like me, but I felt I had to protect my own. My Mom is way too nice and would have given these people the shirt off of her back. These were not family members though. Sorry-long post and no help! You should listen to Ed, he's a nice guy and will have good advice.
Old 2/22/06, 07:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey! I just noticed that I'm a GT member! Woohoo!

Rereading that post it sounds like we did have money, but trust me, these were not profitable ventures! That store is the reason I will never own my own business. You can't take vacations and you can't find help and a lot of people are untrustworthy. You're the owners' kid, but you're working your tail off nights,days and weekends,not what most people think.
Old 2/22/06, 07:52 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

A soul sucking witch is what she is. I am going to toss her out on her pampered [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/censored.gif[/img] in 3 weeks.

In my family, you are a dog if you actually work for what you have. I have my own family to support, screw anyone who is working the system for everything its worth.
Old 2/22/06, 08:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EleanorsMine @ February 22, 2006, 9:55 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
A soul sucking witch is what she is. I am going to toss her out on her pampered [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/censored.gif[/img] in 3 weeks.

In my family, you are a dog if you actually work for what you have. I have my own family to support, screw anyone who is working the system for everything its worth.
[/b][/quote]

Amen, sister. That's all you can do is worry about supporting your own family.

You do have another option though. If everyone else seems willing to hand her money, have her sign a real lease, and charge rent you'd charge anyone else. Then let those who want to hand her money hand it to you. Unless, this worthless bum is actually living under the same roof as you, then give her the boot. You can tell anyone who disagrees with the kick to the curb that she and her crack smoking son are setting a bad example for your kids.

Also, sounds like the only family whose opinions you may value are your parents. If that's true, then who cares what the rest of them think, you only have to deal with the rest of them on holidays. That's how my family has always dealt with the family drama BS.
Old 2/22/06, 09:23 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

No, that she beast does NOT live with me. My fourth bedroom is not a boarding house.

They all want ME to pay, but their excuse when I call them on it(why don't you pay) is Your Dad has plenty of money- get it from him. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img](Just because their parents support them even though they are old enough to be my kids grandparents- buying them land and paying their way in life) My Dad quit supporting me when I was 18 and got a job- you know like normal folk.

She agreed to go into a purchase- she would pay me the money I owe on it every month. Then she decided playing mustang Sally and feeding her cats high dollar cat food X 10 was more fun. She had the lease agreement, but chose to "not sign" even though I send it to her every month. She did orally agree through the 3 of us though. Witch.

In honesty, I wouldn't even be pissed off if she would just be greatful we gave her a place to live. But nooooo- She called and instead of saying thank you for not tossing me out on my tail she says- Well, I didn't like the way you had it, and I had to remodel the whole place- wahhhh wahhh wahhh. I shouldn't have to pay- wahhh wahh. I can't work, My back hurts wahhhhhh.

My back hurts too, but its cause I work for a living.

Ok, this is giving me a freaking ulcer, I gotta shut up.
Old 2/22/06, 10:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Alright, you and her agreed to buy a house or whatever for her to live in. And she was supposed to pay you, I'm assuming you did this because she couldn't get a loan or financing on her own. Is her name on the purchase agreement? If not, then it is yours. Sell it. If she wants to keep living there under a new owner, fine, she'll be forced to pay.

If her name is on it, then that makes it harder. Is the contract says she agrees to pay half or whatever portion she has breached the contract and you can sue... obviously she doesn't have anything to win, but maybe you can get her portion of the house, be full owner, then sell.

If you are the full owner, and its simply a lease, then at least at the end of the lease you can give her the boot, without any problems. Since she didn't sign anything you can also claim that no lease exists at all, in fact if the lease is supposed to be for longer than a year then most places absolutely require a signature. If its a month-to-month then you can kick her out on 15 days notice.

Of course, since she hasn't paid regardless of how long the lease is for, you can get her evicted, but that requires going to court and going through eviction which can take a while.

Since you say that she orally agreed, that is still a legally binding contract, however, like I said earlier, if the lease was to run longer than a year, then it won't actually be enforced as a legally binding contract. But if shorter than a year, its still a contract that can be enforced. (Contracts that are capable of completion in less than a year usually do not have to be signed and can be completely oral)

And if you are the owner of the place, and she remodeled it without your permission then you can also sue her for the cost it will take to return the place back to how it was.

Unfortunately, that is just a basic statement of the law, and Alabama may differ in some respects, but that it least gives you a basic (very basic) understanding of your legal rights (please don't rely on this too much, and if you intend to I recommend actually seeing a lawyer to further explain and possibly correct what I may have misstated, after all I little bit of knowledge can be dangerous)... And hopefully at least put you a bit at ease as to what you can do and the fact that you're likely in the right.

Really unfortunately there is the complicating factor of FAMILY. Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do... as long as the family that actually matters to you understands, there's not much else you can do about those who are unreasonable.
Old 2/22/06, 10:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

How do you think this tiger is feeling ?

and
Old 2/22/06, 10:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Looks like the tiger "pigged out",or on.
Old 2/22/06, 11:15 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Its my house( I use that term loosely, its tornado bait)
She agreed to make the payment.
She decided not to
She is now out on her hind end soon.
Old 2/22/06, 11:58 AM
Team Mustang Source

I hope that if she ? cannot make those payments that you are not on the hook for them and or once she is out that you also dont have to make good on her, then unload the property and use some of that $ to warm up a bit. I meant the heat and being cold Your a good Mommy I know it!
Old 2/22/06, 02:18 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

OF course I am on the hook for the bill- [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smilies23.gif[/img] And I freaking despise that thing too. Its like buying a KIA, once you do, you are stuck with it for life because it has no resale value.

I warmed up- I turned down the gas and got a space heater. I would rather have a $120 electric bill than a $300 gas one. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] Spring is almost here.

And with that- I am off to Take Eleanor for a spin. My Dad is finishing up my parents new dream house and he needs supplies-Guess whose getting em? plus the kids are going to Grannies for the night. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] So I can grill up a ribeye [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Old 2/22/06, 08:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Did you buy the Dodge Dart yet ? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
It sounds like you don't have renters, you have" trespassers on your property".
There's no signed paperwork saying they can stay there and you don't want them on your property.
Just an idea.
Family. Can't live with them, can't get away with killing them and hiding the bodies.
Old 2/22/06, 08:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

I thought of that as an alibie as well get the kids out and have a rib and eye [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img] put them in that Bronco and send them to Hades.
Old 2/22/06, 08:52 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
for what its worth my avatar isnt changing netime soon :-p

Quick Reply: Member Ranks