Testing, Help, Site Feedback and Suggestions Test vBulletin's Features and Tell Us What You Like and Don't Like and Offer Suggestions for Improvement

Why is TMS getting so SOFT!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12/15/11, 02:40 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Oh please.

Some of you are having selective memory. I let way more crap go than anyone ever let me get away with. I think somebody got a post deleted and wasn't informed as to why and now the sky is falling on the whole site.

Please give us the example. That's all we ask. We can look into it and do a little oversight and maybe your complaint is legitimate.

But instead of asking a few questions in private, the first response is to start a thread about how everything is so different now and we are being so hard, or soft, depending on how you want to look at it
Old 12/15/11, 02:59 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I have argued this topic more than probably anyone recently. But I do understand. Sometimes I post disturbing things fully expecting Gary or Scott to delete it. Gotta keep the mods on their game.
With that said. With all due respect
This is no Prius site. Nature of the clientele, (mustang enthusiasts), are not gonna be always respectful or "PG". Gear head hot rod Americans are typically brutal. These are also the types of people who spend money on their cars which is who the site sponsors make their money from. I haven't seen many members permabanned from here in a long time so a post delete or a thread kill is good enough for me.
I really don't understand what you guys are whining about. The regulars here are great, even some of the Boss guys are fun. This is a community of people from all walks of life who don't always agree or get along. If it gets out of hand, the mods step in. There should be warnings before shut downs but everyone knows what they are doing. Quit crying and post away girls.
Old 12/15/11, 04:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Let me step in here.

Adam, I was the one who deleted your post because I in particular don't care for being referred to as a ****. You and I have had many friendly conversations over the years and although you might or might not say you were joking, I don't take kindly to being called names or an inappropriate reference of that nature. Very simply the post was deleted; you were not notified because I don't think it's typical of your nature but none-the-less that doesn't make it OK in my book.

For everyone else:

The moderation crew here has been the same for several years now with the only exception of adding two new mods this past year. NONE OF US have been asked by either the original, former, or current ownership to change the way in which we moderate things. This forum has always been a friendly site in which drama is kept to a minimum so that it can be fun and non-intimidating for anyone; that mentality inspires people to contribute: from new members, vendors, and even Ford CSRs. Many of us have made good friends here because of that atmosphere and hope to continue to do so for years to come.
Old 12/15/11, 04:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
lets face it the mods here lead boring mundane lives with nothing better to do but herass and have power trips.

I totally kid.... and I spell herass that way because I think it looks better than the correct spelling. I like a forum where people have a mutual respect for each other.
Old 12/15/11, 04:47 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
lets face it the mods here lead boring mundane lives with nothing better to do but herass and have power trips.

can the mods please add a "like" button for posts like this???
Old 12/15/11, 05:27 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Boy, I really detest fibbers - esp when they are in 'official' positions.

After Jon and friend bought from Brad the language filters became virginal. And now mods are denying they did anything. Al damm near got excommunicated - and we talked about it in forums and in pm's.

Hell, I can't even post a smiley from another forum anymore that I used to post often because the name of it is ...../forum/images/smilies/horse****.gif.

Don't sit there piszing down our back and claim its raining. Palease.

I mean carry on with your new rules - we all know members requests are ignored anyway. We've adapted (with frustration). But let's not change history.

With all due respect.

Perhaps this is why so many previous members don't post here anymore. And all those newbies don't logon/post much either after they become "members".

Last edited by cdynaco; 12/15/11 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12/15/11, 05:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
You have alot of audacity calling anyone here a liar just because it fits into your agenda.

Language filters are just that: filters. They wouldn't be needed if you posted appropriately. And many times have reminders been posted about purposely bypassing the filters; it is against forum rules yet in your post above you've done it numerous times.

What's the problem with Al? He's still an active, contributing member here and has been reformed nicely, LOL.....

And what member requests have been ignored? Give examples, please.

What have you been forced to adapt to? The forum rules that you agreed to follow when you joined? If it's so hard for you, then remember you too have a choice..... with all due respect.

Last edited by tom281; 12/15/11 at 05:56 PM.
Old 12/15/11, 05:54 PM

I am NOT reformed! I am still a degenerate and proud of it thank you. Don't insult my character like that.
Old 12/15/11, 05:55 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by tom281

If it's so hard for you, then remember you too have a choice..... with all due respect.
And there it is... badum tish... (from a Dodge boy no less... )

What does that have to do with the OP?

And I specifically did not use the word liar. But apparently member's memory about the last year are vastly superior to mods.

Last edited by cdynaco; 12/15/11 at 05:57 PM.
Old 12/15/11, 07:28 PM
I lust for a M24

IBTL

Old 12/15/11, 07:33 PM
Post *****

I'm not soft. I'm hard!
Old 12/15/11, 07:34 PM

As a diamond in an ice storm?
Old 12/15/11, 07:35 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
I wanna go fast!
Old 12/15/11, 07:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This sight is fine...the mods are great and let stuff go far past what I was expecting when I joined...and if things go too far they just tell you to back off...no bans or anything...not to mention blasting gets to come back every now and again just to get banned again...but no permaban.......

TRUST ME there are many ways the sight could be worse....I mean they could have a dictator owner that just bans everybody for no reason at all.....we definitely don't have that here....
Old 12/15/11, 07:37 PM
Cobra Member

everybody turn away....we're gonna make animal noises!!!!
Old 12/15/11, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Shelby08
This sight is fine...the mods are great and let stuff go far past what I was expecting when I joined...and if things go too far they just tell you to back off...no bans or anything...not to mention blasting gets to come back every now and again just to get banned again...but no permaban.......

TRUST ME there are many ways the sight could be worse....I mean they could have a dictator owner that just bans everybody for no reason at all.....we definitely don't have that here....
Those were the days huh?
Old 12/15/11, 07:41 PM
Cobra Member

Those were the days huh?
hahah ohhh yeah man!!! I think we just used up all of the allowances at once and so anytime the littlest thing happened he went to ****!!!
Old 12/15/11, 07:41 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Shelby08

everybody turn away....we're gonna make animal noises!!!!
My favorite part!

... And you wrestle it to the ground like a demon cobra! And then you ride it like a skeleton horse through the gates of hell and you win, Ricky, you win and you don't win for anyone else, you win for you! Because Ricky Bobby is a winner, he is a doer! A man takes what he wants and your a man, aren't you? AREN'T YOU?!?

Wow, can't believe I remembered that. Haha
Old 12/15/11, 07:43 PM

This kinda reminds me of that White Snake video.
Old 12/15/11, 07:44 PM
Cobra Member

HAHAHAHAHHAHA AMIE!!!!!! HOW DID YOU REMEMBER THAT ALL?!?!??!?!? YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY!!!!!

Quick Reply: Why is TMS getting so SOFT!!!!!